Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

5 minutes ago, Riot Van said:

BBC 5live have Clinton Morrison. It's literally unbearable.

Just to let the younger posters know, this is when TV pundits were the real deal.

goodold days.jpg

Edited by l444ry
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

I agree with that, the problem is we maybe don't deserve it! We had an incredible run earlier in the season and did have many games where we looked the real deal, but realistically we are not the 3rd or 4th best team in the country. We've more got into that position because traditionally bigger teams have shat the bed so to speak. Don't get me wrong I think we've had a very good season - after that Wolves game I couldn't see us finish any higher than 7th so for a team that has finished 9th two seasons in a row to be so much higher up shows you how far we've come. But I think this calendar year is maybe more indicative of where we are as a team - which is probably top 6/7.

Obviously I'd love for us to get to the Champions League, even though it will be soured somewhat by fans not being able to attend. I remember being at that home game against Porto and my word what an atmosphere! It was so loud you couldn't hear the person next to you talk! And hearing that famous Champions League music playing out of the KP sound system... well it was hard to believe it was happening for real.

Luckily with that Chelsea result we have a big chance to do it. Let's hope we can!

May I ask why you support us at all ? I think you are a troll.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Riot Van said:

BBC 5live have Clinton Morrison. It's literally unbearable.

He seems to be appearing everywhere lately, isn't terrible for paying partial attention in the background, but not for properly listening. 

3 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Just to let the younger posters know, this is when TV pundits were the real deal.

goodold days.jpg

Don't think I could name any of them, bloke front left looks like an extra from a Clint Eastwood film 

Just now, UniFox21 said:

He seems to be appearing everywhere lately, isn't terrible for paying partial attention in the background, but not for properly listening. 

Don't think I could name any of them, bloke front left looks like an extra from a Clint Eastwood film 

He's one of the best strikers that ever pulled a Leicester shirt  on Uni. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

You serious? The Doog played for us in the mid 60s.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I'd forgive not naming the Leicester player but surely you recognise Clough and Charlton? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 420Hashish said:

Norwich already relegated. Hope they turn up against Chelsea like a lot of relegated teams do at the end of the season. 

Wasn’t expecting much from Norwich against Chelsea to be honest... the next two games however... 

Just now, EastAnglianFox said:

Clough top left, Charlton bottom right. Brian Moore in the middle. Top right has stumped me 

One of those where I know the names and who they are but their faces don't always leap out at me 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Clough top left, Charlton bottom right. Brian Moore in the middle. Top right has stumped me 

Malcolm Allison was ManCity manager at one point played some great football

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 420Hashish said:

Norwich already relegated. Hope they turn up against Chelsea like a lot of relegated teams do at the end of the season. 

Actually think it'll free the shackles from them and it will become a tougher game for Chelsea as the Norwich players will be fighting for their future/put themselves in the shop window. 

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Norwich away and Burnley away are the huge 2. Should have at least 4 from those!!

Watford away a careless 2 points thrown. Brighton at home, 2 DMs . Didn’t want the extra 2 points there. Man City at home, 1 point was there, carless goal given away with 10 to play.

even if we had 4 more points we’d be 3 clear!

A win at Bournemouth could be securing CL effectively! That’s why I don’t buy the argument that we’re punching with our squad. We are good enough for top 4 by a mile.

We we’re punching being above Man City but we’re better than Arsenal, Spurs, Wolves and Chelsea imo and it will be a gift to give away the spot that we are more than capable of securing but won’t deserve if we can’t even finish above probably the worst Chelsea team I’ve ever seen since Roman came into the club. 

It is tempting to look back at all the maybes and the if onlys, Watford away still hurts, however, I think that you have to be phlegmatic and realise that every club will have plenty of similar tales of woe.

If I'm honest, I don't thinkt that we deserve top four, we've only looked like a Champions League team on the odd occasion, but I don't care if we deserve it, I want it.  It would be huge for our development as a club and for keeping players and bringing in top class.

Next year, surely the usual suspects will be back.  Chelsea and United will be stronger as will Arsenal and Spurs.

• Like 1