Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

18 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Arggghhhhh too many numbers, too much concentration required, just tell me we are going to make top 4 Foz tell me

We will finish 3rd, next 4 games, win win draw win, as man u will win next 3 to get to 67 which will be enough for them as Chelsea will lose to liverpool and their maximum points going into final game will be 66. We will be on 66 after next 3 which will be enough with our goal difference. Man u will rest players for final game as they will have a fa cup final to play and europa league, we will win the game finish 3rd and vardy gets his golden boot, easy

Edited by lcfcfoz
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Do you take a point tomorrow and then bank on equaling Chelsea’s results in the last three games ??

Have to aim to win. Been given a lifeline so to speak with today's result. Just get all the points we can!

that blades result has put the cat amongst the pigeons. i wouldn't want to be in Lampards shoes now, apart from norwich they've got wolves and liverpool, and are still in the fa cup.

We MUST win at the cherries because we've got 3 tough  final  games.

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Have to aim to win. Been given a lifeline so to speak with today's result. Just get all the points we can!

I suppose we always play to win but if the line up is a bit threadbare then would a pragmatic approach to control the game deep and draw them on play dividends ?  They can’t afford not to go for the win ....

Nothing less than 6 points in the next 2 games is needed.

If were on 65-63 with 2 games left. We might only need 1 draw(if Liverpool beat Chelsea). Chelsea could quite easily draw at Liverpool though meaning we would still need to beat spurs or draw both Utd and spurs.

Anything less than 6 points in the next 2 then it’s still a long shot tbh.

I fear we’ll get 4 points and that means we will be equal on 63-63. If that happens it’s very likely Chelsea will beat wolves and make it.

We might still have to either beat Utd(not happening) or win away at spurs(as bad as they are, can’t see us winning).

chelsea are still favourites unless we beat both Bournemouth and Sheffield Utd. If we do we go favourites again!

Norwich on Tuesday is not a foregone conclusion for Chelsea now they are relegated - it is a weight off shoulders for them and you'll likely see some young players with a point to prove etc.

It would be remarkable to see them take only 1 point from 9 for example but it's not that ridiculous either given the way they've played against West Ham, limped over the line against Palace and now out there today.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Do you take a point tomorrow and then bank on equaling Chelsea’s results in the last three games ??

No chance, only a win is good enough tomorrow.

Would Chelsea or Man Utd take a point at Bournemouth?

4 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I think after today’s result, if we don’t get top 4 we 100% don’t deserve it.

Chelsea are clearly very average and we need just 7 points to make it realistically. If we drop points at Bournemouth or shef Utd we don’t deserve top 4. 

I agree with that, the problem is we maybe don't deserve it! We had an incredible run earlier in the season and did have many games where we looked the real deal, but realistically we are not the 3rd or 4th best team in the country. We've more got into that position because traditionally bigger teams have shat the bed so to speak. Don't get me wrong I think we've had a very good season - after that Wolves game I couldn't see us finish any higher than 7th so for a team that has finished 9th two seasons in a row to be so much higher up shows you how far we've come. But I think this calendar year is maybe more indicative of where we are as a team - which is probably top 6/7.

Obviously I'd love for us to get to the Champions League, even though it will be soured somewhat by fans not being able to attend. I remember being at that home game against Porto and my word what an atmosphere! It was so loud you couldn't hear the person next to you talk! And hearing that famous Champions League music playing out of the KP sound system... well it was hard to believe it was happening for real.

Luckily with that Chelsea result we have a big chance to do it. Let's hope we can!

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

I agree with that, the problem is we maybe don't deserve it! We had an incredible run earlier in the season and did have many games where we looked the real deal, but realistically we are not the 3rd or 4th best team in the country. We've more got into that position because traditionally bigger teams have shat the bed so to speak. Don't get me wrong I think we've had a very good season - after that Wolves game I couldn't see us finish any higher than 7th so for a team that has finished 9th two seasons in a row to be so much higher up shows you how far we've come. But I think this calendar year is maybe more indicative of where we are as a team - which is probably top 6/7.

Obviously I'd love for us to get to the Champions League, even though it will be soured somewhat by fans not being able to attend. I remember being at that home game against Porto and my word what an atmosphere! It was so loud you couldn't hear the person next to you talk! And hearing that famous Champions League music playing out of the KP sound system... well it was hard to believe it was happening for real.

Luckily with that Chelsea result we have a big chance to do it. Let's hope we can!

I agree we are probably not as good as we felt we were back in the autumn, but I’ve watched Chelsea quite a few times recently and there painfully average really.

Id argue man for man(especially are first 11) were actually superior. Over the course of the season I still think we are the 3rd best team and although Utd are a better squad overall than us now with their additions and youth coming through, I believe we are still the 4th best team and deserve top 4.

If we blow it still then maybe we don’t deserve it, but the league is weak in general this year and in my opinion each passing week makes me more annoyed than we haven’t locked this already!

Effectively we could of performed at mid table or even lower mid table form for 1/2 a season and still got top 4! It really should be ours and if we don’t get it, It won’t be because ‘we wernt good enough’ we’d of thrown it away! 

• Like 1