Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Let’s be honest, Man U have a full strength squad to choose from, we don’t. Man Utd spent £80 million on one player, we bought three for the same price and Chelsea were banned, albeit they acquired Pulisic. Man Utd added to their squad in January with real quality. Us and Chelsea didn’t. 

Man U shouldn’t be in this race. They should already have Top 4 secured. The fact they’re in this race means they’ve failed on a league front again. 

At least when Liverpool were getting dodgy decisions you never felt like they were actively being carried by them - they're still ****ing good and would have won the league. This United side are wholly average (attack aside) and are being rimmed by the boys at Stockley Park to the point other sides might as well not bother.

I think the Villa incident was more outrageous than last night's effort, and last night was grim.

• Like 3

Just as an aside, from PM's announcement just now.

Large concerts allowed from October all being 'well'

I think it's safe to say the Premier League would interpret that as Football Crowds allowed back also. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I think Ole is now my most hated manager. 

Dodgy agent links. Supported a rapist. Won’t admit when his team are fortunate. Does this horrid shit like ‘this is Manchester United’ - on a level with the Liverpool type stuff 

"This is Manutd". is his right to use...!!!

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Let’s be honest, Man U have a full strength squad to choose from, we don’t. Man Utd spent £80 million on one player, we bought three for the same price and Chelsea were banned, albeit they acquired Pulisic. Man Utd added to their squad in January with real quality. Us and Chelsea didn’t. 

Man U shouldn’t be in this race. They should already have Top 4 secured. The fact they’re in this race means they’ve failed on a league front again. 

Both Leicester and Chelsea basically have the exact same squads as they had last season, with one key player sold for both teams.

The fact that United have to spend £55m on a new midfielder in January to rescue their season says everything about their management and coaching. Their midfielders alone cost about £220m, their back line they bought for about £190m, their striker for like £60m.

I think our best starting XI cost us a total of around £145m.

We'll always struggle to compete on a like for like basis with them, but given the money they've spent recently, they are dreadful.

Edited by Beechey

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Dodgy agent links. Supported a rapist. Won’t admit when his team are fortunate. Does this horrid shit like ‘this is Manchester United’ - on a level with the Liverpool type stuff 

Still Sean Dyche for me.

But yeah the "this is Manchester United" schtick is ****ing irritating.

Just now, Koke said:

Still Sean Dyche for me.

But yeah the "this is Manchester United" schtick is ****ing irritating.

Love Sean Dyche - old skool. Yeah he has said some stuff about us in the past but its all bullshit and self preservation/promotion at the end of the day

I think Ole is largely playing up to what their “supporters” want to hear. They’ve had a few managers now since Ferguson who haven’t really connected with the club, who have tried to do things their own way and it’s ultimately all failed both on the pitch and approval rating in the stands-wise. 

Ole, I reckon, has pretty quickly worked out that the average man united fan is a bit of an idiot and they don’t really understand the tactical concepts of football anyway. They just want their ego stroked and to be told they’re still the biggest club in England and in the world. If he can just pay them lip service and get them all riled up in to a frenzy, we’re back attitude, it takes away from the fact that he looked completely lost without a fit Pogba and Fernandes in the side. The bloke is still a complete fraud and the 15 transfers they likely make this summer will only put them back two paces in my opinion. If he knew what he was doing he’d do everything he could to keep Pogba happy, trust his 3 strikers, all of which I rate (Martial, Greenwood, Rashford) and look for a better CB (nothing wrong with Maguire but he’s not good enough for what they’re supposedly aiming for). He doesn’t need to go out and spend another £200 million to totally revamp the side. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jacnah said:

Love Sean Dyche - old skool. Yeah he has said some stuff about us in the past but its all bullshit and self preservation/promotion at the end of the day

Its more his inferiority complex and general whinging. Never seen a football manager so insecure with himself.

Oh, and his football is a crime punishable by death.

Edited by Koke

5 hours ago, Ollie93 said:

This whole VAR nonsense is so corrupt. How can anyone defend the fact that there is a clear agenda to get Man United into the top 4?

It's not that VAR is corrupt.

It's just that having video refereeing highlights the inherent subconscious bias the officials have towards the big clubs, because even with the benefit of replays they still favour them. They can't hide behind 'the pace of the game is so quick' or 'the incident was missed by the officials' anymore. 

Var didnt give palace a pen coz the refs error wasnt obvious. 

Yet did give the offsudeceventhough with the benefit if a dkide rule it was still debatable.

When car was I triduced they didnt want to make the refs look fools so they brought in the clear and obvious rruke (unless its involved).

Imo var should be about truth and say it as they see it.

This would also allow us to see which refs are wrong most... we pay alot of money and I think this is reasonable 

6 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He’s vile. His reaction post match when he saw the Lindelof and Zaha incident was maddening 

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

Just as an aside, from PM's announcement just now.

Large concerts allowed from October all being 'well'

I think it's safe to say the Premier League would interpret that as Football Crowds allowed back also. 

With three seat gaps to encourage social distancing presumably. Would work fine for Man City and Arsenal. :ph34r:

4 hours ago, Koke said:

Its more his inferiority complex and general whinging. Never seen a football manager so insecure with himself.

Oh, and his football is a crime punishable by death.

compared with Tony Pulis its positively Brazilian in its free flowing style