Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Truest statement on Crystal Palace. They are the most dull uninspiring club in the PL. They just seem happy to plod along. Aging squad and a bunch of overpaid players that they  cant get rid of.

Exactly, Zaha on £130k a week, openly says he wants to leave to go to a club and win things and play CL and isn't anywhere on the stats tables for assists and goals, and some of our fans think he'd be a good signing 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Exactly, Zaha on £130k a week, openly says he wants to leave to go to a club and win things and play CL and isn't anywhere on the stats tables for assists and goals, and some of our fans think he'd be a good signing 

I guess we don't count now !

Palace you'd think must be in trouble next season - lack of goals does for them quite often.

As for Zaha - I think his attitude and consistent moaning will prevent him getting a big move.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

see Bournemouth might take legal action against Hawk eye,

that one mistake played a decent part in them going down tbf.

if i was them i would tbf, just to be a pain in the arse lol

Ha yeah nothing to lose I guess (except legal fees of course).

But to the honest, it was 8 or 9 matches ago? Different if it was the last minute of the last match. It definitely would have changed the mentality of Villa approaching some games and maybe even Bournemouth who could have crumbled under the pressure being on them rather than Villa. Also think Villa probably would have beaten West Ham if they knew they had to win.

"Bournemouth's board will meet later this week to discuss the possibility of pursuing a compensation claim against Hawk-Eye, whose mistake may have contributed to their relegation from the Premier League."

They do at least say "contributed to" not responsible for. 

You can argue that the scoreline might not have stayed at 1-0, but equally you can't say it wouldn't have. 

I just saw this stat and couldn’t help think it’s everything I hate about modern football. Would love to see a comparison with 20 years ago, or even 10. Not one forward thinking player on the list. Just pass it around the backline. 

A3167D6D-2B9E-4C0C-A0D0-B93627EDECDC.jpeg

I don't think you can say that hawk eye cause their relegation. Theres no telling what would of happened if villa lost that game. It could have been the kick they needed to start their run of good form earlier. It's all speculation. I do see why bournemouth would try legal action though, they will lose a lot of money by being in the championship so they are doing the sensible thing trying to raise funds. Also if they can take legal action against hawk eye could they not also against PGMOL, VAR also missed the incident. 

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

see Bournemouth might take legal action against Hawk eye,

that one mistake played a decent part in them going down tbf.

if i was them i would tbf, just to be a pain in the arse lol

Sorry but if you're relegated then you're problems are more serious than an incorrect VAR decision.

Villa could argue about the decision that went against them at Selhurt Park earlier in the season when they lost 1-0 and should have drawn 1-1.

4 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Like most of our creative players then. Maddison has what, 3 assists all season?

7 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I think the main difference is that Zaha should be at his peak while Maddison is still inexperienced at this level.

True. Although Barnes/Grealish are just as inexperienced at this level and done more.

It's hard to judge stats. You can pick a player out and put him in a better side and he'd get a load more assists. And like on the flip side would KDB have that many assists playing behind Benteke?

Edited by Fox92

I'm kind of agreeing with Bournemouth, granted they were shight over the course of their whole season, they should've put better performances in and they deserve to go down but a 3rd party has directly affected the result of a Premier League match, mistake or not which has gifted their relegation rivals a point.

You can't let Hawkeye off and as always the refs should be more accountable too, VAR should've flagged it up and just called it common sense. There should be an inquiry into Hawkeye in the least.

7 hours ago, peach0000 said:

I think the main difference is that Zaha should be at his peak while Maddison is still inexperienced at this level.

But Zaha is providing goals for Benteke and Jordan Ayew. Playing for a team who have no other creative channel apart from him. 

11 hours ago, Super_horns said:

I guess we don't count now !

Palace you'd think must be in trouble next season - lack of goals does for them quite often.

As for Zaha - I think his attitude and consistent moaning will prevent him getting a big move.

I do think palaces home support is key for them

Its interesting without it how much they struggled, I felt it affected watford as well in the run.

I sense trouble for palace without serious additions, its a aging plodding midfield, with  a lack of goals.

9 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Sorry but if you're relegated then you're problems are more serious than an incorrect VAR decision.

Villa could argue about the decision that went against them at Selhurt Park earlier in the season when they lost 1-0 and should have drawn 1-1.

Just for clarity, this has nothing to do with VAR, it's about Hawkeye not working and the officials not being informed of the fact.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

Just for clarity, this has nothing to do with VAR, it's about Hawkeye not working and the officials not being informed of the fact.

Yeah but let’s not let var off. What’s the point in having it if they can’t correct a decision like that? 

The officials in this league are too arrogant to even check most decisions. Get a nerd in there that’s going to analyze everything 

9 hours ago, Fox92 said:

thats true but Bournemouth are more than within their right to take action against Hawk eye(if they want too), while the Villa thing at Palace was with WAR, which is different if im correct, plus one if meant to be clear cut wihile VAR seems to be very subjective

VAR im pretty sure saw the non goal at Villa park but couldnt give it(probably wrong)for some reason

31 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Yeah but let’s not let var off. What’s the point in having it if they can’t correct a decision like that? 

The officials in this league are too arrogant to even check most decisions. Get a nerd in there that’s going to analyze everything 

id agree with that and the ones doing VAR dont have the balls to over rule the on field official either, 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vestan Pance said:

Although if I recall the ref confirmed he'd received the signal for the goal at half time. Still don't understand why he didn't address the issue at the time if that was the case. There was some long winded explanation of why VAR didn't or couldn't intervene.