Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Yeah they are vulnerable, still so powerful going forward though. Should hopefully be an enthralling game that we hold our own in.

I am on record as having had a feeling we might come out of the traps fast. I also realise I might look very silly come 5pm Saturday...

9 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I am on record as having had a feeling we might come out of the traps fast. I also realise I might look very silly come 5pm Saturday...

That's what optimism is all about. The ability to stand up and look stupid. The highs when you're right are like no other.

Christ on a bike you guys should know. :pearson::claudio:

4 minutes ago, SO1 said:

That's what optimism is all about. The ability to stand up and look stupid. The highs when you're right are like no other.

Christ on a bike you guys should know. :pearson::claudio:

From a footballing point of view, it's a pretty good time to be alive right now. So I'm going to enjoy it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Levy, for me, has been the best chairman in the league after Top/Vichai. 

He's slowly and patiently built a consistent Top 4 team out of an irrelevant mid table club that used to be the butt of jokes that made them literally synonymous with mediocrity

He's done it keeping the wage bill under control, spending conservatively, hiring fairly decent managers, signing players that have slowly improved the team. He's even found the budget to build the most attractive stadium in the country and spend a tidy wedge on players this summer. 

You compare them to United, they're brilliantly run. 

Spurs fans that blame him for their woes are the most deluded of all the deluded Spurs fans, the sort of retards that think Messi and Ronaldo are going to rock up if only Levy opened his wallet. The sort of retards that think Paulo Dybala wants to leave one of the biggest clubs on the planet for a punchline of a club that haven't won anything of note since Harry Redknapp's face actually fit his skull. 

I'm not so sure about Levy.

He's made out to be this 'shrewd businessman' but some of his recent decisions have made him look more like a novice.

He hasn't learnt from the Arsenal situation. A huge stadium, but no real investment in the squad.

Asking 100 million for Eriksen who is in the last year of his contract and can sign for another club for free in January.

Asking a reported 65 million for Poch if he moves on, and I understand it will cost Levy 35 million to sack him.

Giving Sissoko a 4 year deal at 30 years old, but refusing to offer Alderweireld, one year older, anything more that a one year deal. This is bound to cause squad unrest.

Being in charge of transfers and not involving Poch. Even Poch has said in public he feels undermined and not a real manager.

Offering the most silly transfer deals to incoming players, which always seem to include a transfer fee based on them winning the C/L.

I agree he's run the club better than the Glaziers at Man Utd, but most clubs in the forth tier are run better than Man Utd currently. I agree the new stadium is superb.

However, the new stadium could set them back years, and with that millstone around their neck they could be in for a very lean time if things are not sorted at Spuds soon. Levy has allowed it to happen, which is not the actions of a 'shrewd businessman' and I can fully see why Spuds fans are putting blame on him for their current woes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Can't believe Spuds would consider Wilder. Can't believe Wilder would want that job anyway.

Can believe Poch going to Man Utd, but Levy has stated he wants 65 million to release him.

Can't believe any club in their right mind would want to employ OGS! 

Can believe Steve Bruce will be out at Newcastle by Xmas.

13 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

Can't believe Spuds would consider Wilder. Can't believe Wilder would want that job anyway.

Can believe Poch going to Man Utd, but Levy has stated he wants 65 million to release him.

Can't believe any club in their right mind would want to employ OGS! 

Can believe Steve Bruce will be out at Newcastle by Xmas.

Think it was a joke mate

• Haha 2

N'golo linked to a move to Juve. Would love it to happen come Christmas. Super Lamps would be abseiling down human excrement creek. N'golo deserves to be in a big team anyway. It's charity work at the moment. I should really be posting this on shed end.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

N'golo linked to a move to Juve. Would love it to happen come Christmas. Super Lamps would be abseiling down human excrement creek. N'golo deserves to be in a big team anyway. It's charity work at the moment. I should really be posting this on shed end.

He’s outgrown them. They’re holding him back. 

Watching Manure and Wolves in the EL at the moment. Both terrible. Manure have found their level. How has Fred played so many times for them. He is so bad.

3 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Careful what you wish for they'll come for N'didi if that happens and we wouldn't be able to do anything about it. Their transfer ban isn't permanent.

4 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I agree. And many of us thought that in 2016. 

He should dine at the top tables of Juve, Bayern, Real etc - not Chelsea, the Bistrot Pierre of football