Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

31 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Maybe not manager, but a person who they could use around the training ground, reminding players of their role and responsibilities

Understandable and fairly sensible tbh. Players generally get given all this money and you see a lot of goes straight to their head and they think they're some show pony.

I agree he comes across as arrogant, but listening to him talking about football rn, absolutely different from how he's usually shown to be.

Dismissive hatred is a much maligned man-management skill. 

55 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Actual dogshit. My brother (United fan) laughed at me a few weeks ago and called me delusional when I said we'd finish top 6, typical Leicester fan delusion, asked me who would we replace in the top 6, I said United or Spurs (hopefully both) and he was beside himself with laughter. I also said Ole would be gone by Christmas. Guess he isn't laughing now, delusional bellend. 

Sounds familiar. I too have an arrogant gobshite glory hunting brother. He was spouting off a couple of weeks ago about us but seems to have gone quiet all of a sudden. He also insisted at the start of the summer that they would gett Maguire for 50 odd million if they wanted him and laughed me off as deluded when I said they would only get him on our terms at 80+ million. Knobbers! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

A few things here, seeing a psychologist shouldn’t be a reason to bash someone, I’m sure his issues were much deeper than simply I have too much money. As someone who was privy to someone’s medical records and information, your friend should be very careful about what he says and who he says it too.

Roy Keane is clearly a very complex character, but he is a winner and demands the same commitment of those around him as he does himself. 

Agree with him or not, he is honest in his assessment of what he sees.

I would say being arrogant is the last thing you could throw at Roy Keane.

I just don't like the way he comes across, maybe I'm confusing surliness for arrogance, but either way he comes across as a **** who you constantly have to tread on eggshells around.

I was told 'he didn't understand why he had so much money'. Well you know what, that's not a problem. Too much money? Give it to charity.

Or even better, give it to me 😜😬

5 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Solskjaer really gets on my tits.

Sounds like it would hurt.

4 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Actual dogshit. My brother (United fan) laughed at me a few weeks ago and called me delusional when I said we'd finish top 6, typical Leicester fan delusion, asked me who would we replace in the top 6, I said United or Spurs (hopefully both) and he was beside himself with laughter. I also said Ole would be gone by Christmas. Guess he isn't laughing now, delusional bellend. 

How did your brother end up supporting united?

On United and Arsenal I would say Arsenal are slightly better, they have a better manager. And they have proper strikers who can score unlike the penalty merchant United have.  

This fixture used to be so entertaining. Fights, tunnel bust ups, Fabregas throwing pizzas at Ferguson, RVN getting bullied at full time by the Arsenal mob. Now its turned into a sad state of affairs.

After the Man Utd match, I posted my disappointment, not only at how badly we played, but for setting up so negatively and not imposing our game on what I still say is the worst Man Utd team I've seen in the P/L.

I also said I couldn't think of any Man Utd players who would get in our side. A few on here responded by saying Man Utd have better players.

Well, reading the below on the BBC website this morning, it looks like Dion Dublin agrees with me! (and not just only Man Utd players!).

Dublin added: "If you are choosing players now it's very difficult with the way Leicester are playing to say 'I would take him out and put that Manchester United or Arsenal player in'.

"Leicester at the moment have players that are more in form. [Youri] Tielemans is better than anybody [from United or Arsenal] on current form, [James] Maddison definitely, [Wilfried] Ndidi, as a defensive midfielder, is better than anything seen in these teams this season."

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

United have an away game on Thursday night before coming back to play Newcastle, who should have a rocket up their arse and a point to prove! 

They then play Liverpool, if they lose them both United could easily find themselves a quarter of the way through the season and in the bottom 6.

Huge game for them on Sunday at Newcastle.

Yep ...   great result for us last night and it does sound like the Geordie boys got a Saturn 5 up their arses !! ...   if they are up for it I can see Manure dropping a point or two here ..   fingers crossed ! 

(Love the bit where Bruce said he cancelled training as he ‘could not promise he would not explode a second time’ ...    :)) ..

3B166B81-9597-43A5-A3C9-61989CCCFFE0.jpeg

• Like 1

Not sure about the Maguire playing them onside bit ..  he was making himself available for the dopey full back to play an easy ball back to him ..   which he didn’t of course !! ...   but still great to hear slabbo getting abuse ! ...    :D

4 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Think the fact he is so popular with the fans is keeping the guy out of trouble.

I said this would be just like when we appointed Shakey ....   and we all know how that panned out ...    

All good for us ...   :scarf:

22 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

I wonder if previous Man U managers would have got away with waving and smiling to the crowd as OGS was after a performance like that that ...

Think the fact he is so popular with the fans is keeping the guy out of trouble.

They really have to stick with him. They cant keep swapping managers and ideas and expect to buy instant success.  

His ideas are right, he has the correct ethos to build a team from the ground up with younger players, better attitudes. 

It will take time, its a similar process to that which Pearson carried out at Leicester after Sven obviously in a much more quality, high pressure environment. Either way he needs time to carry out his plans, it wont happen overnight. No manager will be able to enact their changes overnight even if they change again, which is much the problem really.  

Still its funny watching the meltdown. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Sounds like it would hurt.

How did your brother end up supporting united?

He must have been born a pleb. (though there is photographic evidence of him in a Leicester City kit as a kid). He's a glory hunter through and through, so he's pretty idle at the minute.

3 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

They really have to stick with him. They cant keep swapping managers and ideas and expect to buy instant success.  

His ideas are right, he has the correct ethos to build a team from the ground up with younger players, better attitudes. 

It will take time, its a similar process to that which Pearson carried out at Leicester after Sven obviously in a much more quality, high pressure environment. Either way he needs time to carry out his plans, it wont happen overnight. No manager will be able to enact their changes overnight even if they change again, which is much the problem really.  

People (media) keep saying he needs time. Time for what? He's come into a big squad, a few good players, and had a summer in which he spent £80m on a centre back and £70m on a full back. He let a proven forward go (Lukaku) and, while Sanchez hadn't been great at United, he was probably a better option to bring from the bench than an 18 year old.

If they looked like they were progressing I wouldn't be so harsh but they actually look shocking. Chelsea play better stuff.

3 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Nonsense. When Pearson took over from Sven we were a middle of the road championship side with modest expectations. This is Manchester United and as much as I hate them they are a huge club that should be challenging for the title every season. He's a manager with no track record to speak of and so out of his depth it's comical. I pray they keep him

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Nonsense. When Pearson took over from Sven we were a middle of the road championship side with modest expectations. This is Manchester United and as much as I hate them they are a huge club that should be challenging for the title every season. He's a manager with no track record to speak of and so out of his depth it's comical. I pray they keep him

I have to fully agree.

Their worst start for 30 odd years, when they have a squad worth over half a billion! Maguire was almost a panic buy because there were so few players available and they were desperate for a centre back.

OGS wouldn't have got a job with any other P/L team. It's almost embarrassing as to how out of his depth he is. His credit with Man Utd fans will soon run out and he'll have gone from hero to zero.

Their early form under him was just like ours under Shakey. It's after he was appointed it all went wrong.

It's amazing how clubs continue to fall for appointing a temporary manager after a few good results! It rarely works out.

I think the longer OGS stays, the worse Man Utd will become. I can't see top players wanting to go to a team which is constantly lambasted as being the worst Man Utd team in P/L history. I honestly can't imagine why on earth Maguire wanted to go there. I know it's Man Utd, I know his wages would have doubled, but being in a team dubbed as the worst Man Utd team in P/L history isn't much to write home about. 

Just look at how desperate Pogba is to leave. De Gea signed a new contract because he's been out of form, been dropped by Spain and interest in him cooled after his poor performances at the end of last season.

Most of the rest of the team are not fit to lace Roy Keane's boots. Would any get in the Man City or Liverpool side? Even the Arsenal or Spuds sides? Or even our side? Dion Dublin doesn't think so!

And throwing the kids in now will be much tougher for them that it would be for us, because they will be expected to perform. Mid table is not an option for a team like Man Utd.

If they finish top 6 I'll be very surprised. (Fat Sam's still available if they get in a relegation battle!)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SecretPro said:

He must have been born a pleb. (though there is photographic evidence of him in a Leicester City kit as a kid). He's a glory hunter through and through, so he's pretty idle at the minute.

Can't you show him some brotherly love and point him in the direction of Man C or Liverpool? Looks like he's not very aware of Prem league reality.

• Like 1