Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

31 minutes ago, Unique FC said:

Thank god for that. Never have to worry about Spurs finishing in the top 4 ever again. 

And with a bit of luck England get a manager who can see that picking the likes of Alli , Rashford, Barkley, Rose, Lingard et al will get you what you deserve - f***all

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Poznan34 said:

So say Pochettino leaves at the end of the season...and Rodgers got the call...would he be off? He's been offered it before (in 2012) and turned it down. 

If they drop points against Brighton on Saturday he might be gone come Sunday!! 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The wheels are coming off spectacularly and although in the modern game turmoil is often blown way out of proportion but you can see them falling apart. Eriksen, Vertonghen, Alderweild will all leave either in January or on a free transfer. Danny Rose is done for and Serge Aurier is dog mess. It's suddenly a very ordinary team and if Kane demands to leave then they are in real trouble, I can see Levy making it very difficult for him to get a move in the next few years though.

At the start of the season a lot of people thought that this was the year for someone to step up into the top six as Man utd, Chelsea and to a lesser extent Arsenal (they suddenly found some money that nobody thought they had) all looked to have their woes and may struggle. To see Spuds going into meltdown was not one that I would have predicted. I had them nailed on 3rd.

Not only does their current malaise provide us with a source of great amusement but it opens up the league even more. I still think that Arsenal, and possibly Chelsea, will be sniffing around the top six come the end of the season, but unless something drastic changes Man utd and Surs are going to struggle to get anywhere near it.  Their only saving grace is that Wolves, Everton and some of the others tipped to possibly upset the apple cart are also struggling. I can definitely see us and West Ham getting European places.

There really are some deep problems in north London. Poch, whilst always a misery, is obviously unhappy, they have several players who seem to be just hanging on to the end of the season to get their frees, with no serious succession planning in place.  Unless the situation changes I can see Kane, Son and Alli getting itchy feet too.  If they lose the out of contract players and those just mentioned then they are in serious trouble for the longer term.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, urban fox said:

At the start of the season a lot of people thought that this was the year for someone to step up into the top six as Man utd, Chelsea and to a lesser extent Arsenal (they suddenly found some money that nobody thought they had) all looked to have their woes and may struggle. To see Spuds going into meltdown was not one that I would have predicted. I had them nailed on 3rd.

Not only does their current malaise provide us with a source of great amusement but it opens up the league even more. I still think that Arsenal, and possibly Chelsea, will be sniffing around the top six come the end of the season, but unless something drastic changes Man utd and Surs are going to struggle to get anywhere near it.  Their only saving grace is that Wolves, Everton and some of the others tipped to possibly upset the apple cart are also struggling. I can definitely see us and West Ham getting European places.

There really are some deep problems in north London. Poch, whilst always a misery, is obviously unhappy, they have several players who seem to be just hanging on to the end of the season to get their frees, with no serious succession planning in place.  Unless the situation changes I can see Kane, Son and Alli getting itchy feet too.  If they lose the out of contract players and those just mentioned then they are in serious trouble for the longer term.

Chelsea look the best equipped other than Man City/Liverpool to get into the top 6 at least. After the game in August it didn't look good but they have done better overall than Man U and Arsenal. The fixtures are a bit more favourable to them now also. Arsenal to their credit always do well against us especially at the Emirates but they tend to lose the plot at other times. I couldn't believe how bad they looked at times against Man U. Pepe looked as bad as any player from Leicester during 2001-09. 

I'm a bit shocked Spurs have collapsed though. They've always rallied in recent years when others said they go downhill. 

3 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Seen a few spurs fans trying to have a go at Celtic for getting horsed off PSG as a defence for last night for some bewildering reason 😂

We know our level but I’ll say one thing if we had access to the vast riches of the EPL tv money I’d bet we’d win at least something before Spurs ever do.

Thats the key to it for me. You know the level you are currently at.

Of all the comparisons to england and where would you start, its a moot point largely as even if you started in league 1, it would be like after rangers got kicked out, just a matter of time before premier league and with that money and global appeal, not to mention the religious angle and the US interest in that, the sky really would be the limit and would then boil down to the usual top 6 arguments of global appeal, money, and how well (or badly a la man united) the clubs are ran.

Money talks, and celtic (and/or rangers) in the EPL would be unrecognisable to what you are now with a few years in the english prem.

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

If they drop points against Brighton on Saturday he might be gone come Sunday!! 

he just signed a 5 year contract with a 25 million get out clause so hes most likely staying - cant see anyone( apart from perhaps Man U who appear to have completely lost the plot ) paying that

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Levy, for me, has been the best chairman in the league after Top/Vichai. 

He's slowly and patiently built a consistent Top 4 team out of an irrelevant mid table club that used to be the butt of jokes that made them literally synonymous with mediocrity

He's done it keeping the wage bill under control, spending conservatively, hiring fairly decent managers, signing players that have slowly improved the team. He's even found the budget to build the most attractive stadium in the country and spend a tidy wedge on players this summer. 

You compare them to United, they're brilliantly run. 

Spurs fans that blame him for their woes are the most deluded of all the deluded Spurs fans, the sort of retards that think Messi and Ronaldo are going to rock up if only Levy opened his wallet. The sort of retards that think Paulo Dybala wants to leave one of the biggest clubs on the planet for a punchline of a club that haven't won anything of note since Harry Redknapp's face actually fit his skull. 

Excellent post and 🤣 rep point would look out of place without following the hyperlink.

But when you follow the hyperlink. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

What an excellent post. Ine of the best ive ever read.

Good work fella.

Guest An Sionnach

Spurs will recover , they have too many good players , its how you finish a season not how you start , expect them to beat Brighton at the weekend . That said they are still way behind Man City and Liverpool . Its funny how the idiot hacks have stopped talking about Poch . for Real Madrid though .

2 hours ago, Poznan34 said:

So say Pochettino leaves at the end of the season...and Rodgers got the call...would he be off? He's been offered it before (in 2012) and turned it down. 

First of all maybe Spurs are going through a tough time at the moment but they have still looked to be one of the best 4 teams I've watched play this season.

I think some of you have been taken in by the Media brainwashing of a "big 6". Spurs are not and have never been like Manure or Pool or Arse, in fact they are really a predecssor of ourselves. One of the "other" teams who have managed beyond expectation to consistently make the top 4 and Europe. To this end they should be applauded. They also have a decent manager and a crop of young decent players (who are now starting to age in defence).

Povh isn't good enough to be at a top European club and that is why he has been happy to stay at Spurs, playing in Europe and getting a decent league finish. It seems this year however the pressure has been increased and fans are expecting something more than 3rd or 4th and a CL pool finish of 2nd or 3rd. That is a problem, but it is also unreal expectation.

Levy has done well to keep his players and his wage structure  but he made a mistake in not getting anyone in last year ready for departures.

Spurs are what they are and imo outperforming their true status.

As for BR he would be stupid to go to Spursas they are in reality in no better a position than we are, but the expectations as said above have outgrown their reality. He would fail there. Southgate would be great. It would immediately make England a better team and push spurs out of Europe. 

Kane is crocked now, went from being a world class striker to just a decent one because his ankles are more brittle than my bed sheets at 13

Edited by Stadt
  • Haha 1

Yeah as mentioned Sunderland got a similar punishment  for the same offence so cant complain really.

Anyway, this is the least of Liverpool's focuses this season so they wont be winning it this season (our 1st team/reserve team hybrid would beat their 2nd/3rd team).