Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

12 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Yep ...   great result for us last night and it does sound like the Geordie boys got a Saturn 5 up their arses !! ...   if they are up for it I can see Manure dropping a point or two here ..   fingers crossed ! 

(Love the bit where Bruce said he cancelled training as he ‘could not promise he would not explode a second time’ ...    :)) ..

3B166B81-9597-43A5-A3C9-61989CCCFFE0.jpeg

Whys he ripping farts in the dressing room for?

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Was that Spurs fans leaving before the final whistle? What awful fans! We at Leicester City Football Club would never do such a thing.

They were trying to beat the traffic to get back to Enfield

Seen a few spurs fans trying to have a go at Celtic for getting horsed off PSG as a defence for last night for some bewildering reason 😂

Bayern only narrowly beat us at home a couple of years ago.

We know our level but I’ll say one thing if we had access to the vast riches of the EPL tv money I’d bet we’d win at least something before Spurs ever do.

A joke club, with joke fans, who bottle it at every possible opportunity. When Kane et al leave this summer they’ll revert to a middle of the road outfit again with a big shiny new stadium to play in.

• Like 2

Spuds fuching up the EPL UEFA Champions League Co-efficient rating.  At this rate the 4th place in the Premier League will mean joining Celtic in the 15 qualifying rounds to make the Group stage.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, henrik_62 said:

Seen a few spurs fans trying to have a go at Celtic for getting horsed off PSG as a defence for last night for some bewildering reason 😂

Bayern only narrowly beat us at home a couple of years ago.

We know our level but I’ll say one thing if we had access to the vast riches of the EPL tv money I’d bet we’d win at least something before Spurs ever do.

A joke club, with joke fans, who bottle it at every possible opportunity. When Kane et al leave this summer they’ll revert to a middle of the road outfit again with a big shiny new stadium to play in.

Totally agree. The cheese wheels have come off this brandwagon. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The wheels are coming off spectacularly and although in the modern game turmoil is often blown way out of proportion but you can see them falling apart. Eriksen, Vertonghen, Alderweild will all leave either in January or on a free transfer. Danny Rose is done for and Serge Aurier is dog mess. It's suddenly a very ordinary team and if Kane demands to leave then they are in real trouble, I can see Levy making it very difficult for him to get a move in the next few years though.

Yeah absolutely spot on.  What they really need is virtually a full re-build and levy won't open the wallet wide enough to do that.  Can see them reverting to type over the next few years.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Levy, for me, has been the best chairman in the league after Top/Vichai. 

He's slowly and patiently built a consistent Top 4 team out of an irrelevant mid table club that used to be the butt of jokes that made them literally synonymous with mediocrity. 

He's done it keeping the wage bill under control, spending conservatively, hiring fairly decent managers, signing players that have slowly improved the team. He's even found the budget to build the most attractive stadium in the country and spend a tidy wedge on players this summer. 

You compare them to United, they're brilliantly run. 

Spurs fans that blame him for their woes are the most deluded of all the deluded Spurs fans, the sort of retards that think Messi and Ronaldo are going to rock up if only Levy opened his wallet. The sort of retards that think Paulo Dybala wants to leave one of the biggest clubs on the planet for a punchline of a club that haven't won anything of note since Harry Redknapp's face actually fit his skull. 

He's done well, but I have some issues with the way he operates and can see why Spurs fans would get tired of it. There is always going to be a balancing act trying to keep your best players within a pay structure that isn't comparable with erratically run powerhouses like Man Utd, also having still not won any trophies to calm the desires of their players seeking moves elsewhere. Throw in constantly trying to improve the squad as well and it's tough, I get that. They have done very well in increasing commercial revenue to allow them to do this but they are now in a situation very much like Arsenal where a supposed new ground was the key to them turning the screw on their rivals and yet both teams have and will have some of their best players walking away on a free transfer or going for a nominal fee half way through the season. Spurs failed to be more proactive after the 2017/18 season and although they got to the CL final in the following season there's no trophy to cushion the blow of them being seriously exposed to being ripped apart within the next 3-9 months.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Spuds fuching up the EPL UEFA Champions League Co-efficient rating.  At this rate the 4th place in the Premier League will mean joining Celtic in the 15 qualifying rounds to make the Group stage.

I think it's safe to say unless the English teams keep underperforming for at least 2-3 years, England will still be comfortably in the Top 3 of European Leagues. England and Spain are miles ahead of Germany, Italy and France. And none of them can realistically challenge. Italy have Juve, Germany Bayern (maybe Dortmund and Leipzig) and France only have PSG who always fail.

5 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I think it's safe to say unless the English teams keep underperforming for at least 2-3 years, England will still be comfortably in the Top 3 of European Leagues. England and Spain are miles ahead of Germany, Italy and France. And none of them can realistically challenge. Italy have Juve, Germany Bayern (maybe Dortmund and Leipzig) and France only have PSG who always fail.

PSG - the French Spurs. 😂

CL only. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

So say Pochettino leaves at the end of the season...and Rodgers got the call...would he be off? He's been offered it before (in 2012) and turned it down. 

Depends if they finish top 4, if they don't and we did then I think he'd turn it down. Rodgers backs himself 100%, he will have aspirations of another top job in the Prem or in one of the top European leagues but to just take any job that comes up isn't likely to happen as there's often no quick fix but neither is there the time to build a top side that has fallen. He is best placed with us for another year or two.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

The wheels are coming off spectacularly and although in the modern game turmoil is often blown way out of proportion but you can see them falling apart. Eriksen, Vertonghen, Alderweild will all leave either in January or on a free transfer. Danny Rose is done for and Serge Aurier is dog mess. It's suddenly a very ordinary team and if Kane demands to leave then they are in real trouble, I can see Levy making it very difficult for him to get a move in the next few years though.

Kane can pull a mahrez and eventually get his way.