Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

7 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

I originally liked the post calling you out but on reflection, it WAS that bad, abd i was saying it earlier but i think we've turned the corner now whilr others are getting worse.

Perhaps not been as good as it now feels but i think we are where we are on merit and third is there for the taking.

All im saying is i dont know which way itll go.

A few people say we havent hit top gear. Id agree. But is our top gear as good as arsenal or chelsea's top gear? Remains to be seen.

We are where we are on merit, the league is close in ability but the fact it is means were capable of losing to the likes of Burnley just as we are beating spurs.

Im not going to get carried away. Weve not done anything of note. YET.

• Like 1

On man utd.... its not a good team by man utd's high standards but theyve got players who can and SHOULD do better.

De gea was once arguably best in the world. Now he has a mistske in him.

Dalot looked a bright young prospect under mourinho and bombed out. 

Maguire we all rated highly until he moved and we decided he was shit.

Pogba in a france shirt....totally different.

Rashford....loads of potential that he has never realised or been coached to realise.

James....exciting prospect and can hold his head high.

They have the talent to be doing far better.

Ole was a cop out decision as most caretaker to permanent manager decisions are and it hasnt worked and im not sure he believes he can turn it around

Edited by Donk

The rot at Utd started when they handed that shitheap Pogba power. 

Remember Fergie's ethos nobody was bigger than the manager or club? That went when that goon was refusing to play and posting snide pictures on social media. The club became a joke then. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stadt said:

As a kid I got, "Why do you support Leicester, they're shit" from plastic United fans so I don't care if they're a ravaged puppy with one leg, it's getting booted down a well

quite a horrible metaphor that actually

It’s what separates us…. Plastic UTD fans kick puppies down the well for fun

True blue Leicester fans, full of  civic pride, do not (none that I’ve met anyway!!!). :scarf:

Its because a lot of Man Utd (Actual fans) would like a legacy building appointment, someone who could be viewed as potentially the next Fergie for some bizarre reason. 

Should have stuck with Moyes :)

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Its because a lot of Man Utd (Actual fans) would like a legacy building appointment, someone who could be viewed as potentially the next Fergie for some bizarre reason. 

Should have stuck with Moyes :)

Moyes would have eventually built a good team. His problem was directly following Fergie, that was a poisoned chalice for who ever took it. He needed a manager between him an Fergie. Plus in think he would have built this legacy they want, he'd have stayed for as long as possible. 

28 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Moyes would have eventually built a good team. His problem was directly following Fergie, that was a poisoned chalice for who ever took it. He needed a manager between him an Fergie. Plus in think he would have built this legacy they want, he'd have stayed for as long as possible. 

I agree - seems they expected a continuation of performances post Ferguson, so Moyes was always on to a loser.

Now they pay the price for their stupidity, and using the unstoppable force of "you can't prove otherwise", I am 100% sure Moyes would have won the League last year as his master plan would just be coming to fruition.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, surrifox said:

Quite a bit of the slab head fee is performance related - hopefully the performance is no more of a stretch than a target for appearances in the PL as I can’t  see them winning much in the next few years 

How do you know this?

I understand a salary being performance related but how does a sale fee work - is it just while he is at Manure or over his entire career or a certain number of years wherever he is playing. Surely that would put lie to the claim that he is the most expensive defensive footballer in the world. Please elucidate.

Guest Markyblue
5 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Agreed, like Ole, but frankly the sooner he goes the better as fans will turn on him soon and he'll ruin his goodwill there.

Yesterday he really looked like he had aged 20 years since he took over the job. Not worth it ole.