Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

21 minutes ago, Gwyn said:

I know I will be ridiculed but, I can't stop thinking Claude Puel should be Arsenals next manager. I think he could do the same there as what he did for us, the man has no fear and doesn't give a shit about reputation. 

He did a lot of good here with us recruiting such a talented squad so yes in that aspect I agree, just keep him away from the training field..... no actually give him the job and have him coach them too, boring boring Arsenal 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Livid said:

6th December and only one team in the top four divisions has a single figure in the goals against column.

December and Leicester City have only conceded 9 goals! :appl:

This is actually a great achievement I think.

Our Increased posession contributes to it, as does Wilf's amazing industry, but more than anything it shows what a solid back line we've got.

For probably the first time in my lengthy history as a Leicester fan, I go into games expecting a clean sheet. And it gets into the heads of our opponents, too, leading them to overplay at times.

It's all good.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stripeyfox said:

Arsenal were abysmal last night.

Would you swap any of their first XI for ours?

No. There is talk amongst "them there Gooners", that they are quite capable of doing a Leeds.

That would be something to behold in all honesty

Pearson potentially going to Watford is interesting, I still think there's a nucleus of decent players there and they just need the right man management to get a kick start. It could go either way with Nigel who hasn't done well in his last two jobs and under pressure at Leicester he got worse before he got better. It just feels like it would be a good appointment though and he'd do well.

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

No. There is talk amongst "them there Gooners", that they are quite capable of doing a Leeds.

That would be something to behold in all honesty

well they're definitely on the ropes at the moment, and don't appear to have much in the way of bottle or guts to fight it out.

They have a pretty torrid month coming up too:

West Ham (A)

Man City (H)

Everton (A)

Bournemouth (A)

Chelsea (H)

Man Utd (H)

Sheff Utd (H)

Chelsea (A)

And a cup game against Leeds too

2 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

well they're definitely on the ropes at the moment, and don't appear to have much in the way of bottle or guts to fight it out.

West Ham (A)

Man City (H)

Everton (A)

Bournemouth (A)

Chelsea (H)

Man Utd (H)

Sheff Utd (H)

Chelsea (A)

That is a nasty set of fixtures, and if Everton recruit well and quickly, it could be horrific.

Pearson and Watford are not a good fit as he needs time to implement his ideas. Unfortunately for a club that have already got through two manager's this season alone along with countless other manager's over recent year's I really can't see them giving him any length of time to get thing's right on and off the field. If he was to join them I can see a repeat of the Derby/Mel Morris situation again. 

If I was him I'd hold out for Eddie Howe to leave Bournemouth (which I think will be soon) and stick my name in the hat for that job as it'd suit him down to the ground. 

Brilliant summary of how VAR is changing the game by Chris Wilder. The more I hear him speak the more impressed I am with him. He's saying what many of us are thinking I reckon..

Chris Wilder: Sheff Utd boss says football is 'sucking life' out of him after VAR goal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50681751

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Arsenal were abysmal last night.

Would you swap any of their first XI for ours?

Not as much swap, but i certainly wouldn’t mind getting Auba, even if he’s probably closing in on being a tad to old to be a strong secondary/replacement attacker next to vardy

14 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

West Ham (A)

Man City (H)

Everton (A)

Bournemouth (A)

Chelsea (H)

Man Utd (H)

Sheff Utd (H)

Chelsea (A)

If they lose against West Ham, they could be in all sorts of trouble here, particularly if other results go against them.

Less than 5 points from these games and they would be on target for around 38 points for the season, which could well send them down.

In reality, there are at least 3 worse teams in the division, but the league is bloody hard when you get stuck in a rut, and don’t have any leaders or players with a bit of fight.

Not saying they will go down, but could be a bit of fun watching them squirm.

7 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Brilliant summary of how VAR is changing the game by Chris Wilder. The more I hear him speak the more impressed I am with him. He's saying what many of us are thinking I reckon..

Chris Wilder: Sheff Utd boss says football is 'sucking life' out of him after VAR goal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50681751

It was a legit goal though. Maybe Wilder should instruct his players to play to the whistle. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Pearson potentially going to Watford is interesting, I still think there's a nucleus of decent players there and they just need the right man management to get a kick start. It could go either way with Nigel who hasn't done well in his last two jobs and under pressure at Leicester he got worse before he got better. It just feels like it would be a good appointment though and he'd do well.

yes it would and I would wish him well but I think their somewhat flaky owners will not give him the time to get the club sorted - he'll be the 3rd manager in a season with only 15 games gone

1 minute ago, ian_marshall said:

I'm probably in the minority but I think he's a bit of a moaner to be honest. There was absolutely nothing wrong with that goal last night. If he wants to point the finger he needs to be having words with his goalkeeper as the game has always been one of playing to the whistle. I actually thought Shelvey did really well under the circumstances so credit to him for carrying on, but Wilder can't complain in my view as it was a perfectly legitimate goal. 

Its not a VAR issue, this is due to our linesman flagging, which is the opposite of in Europe. 

5 hours ago, Koke said:

How are Arsenal fans deluded for not wanting their team to sit 10th? It's no wins in 9. How are they deluded for not wanting to watch that garbage? There would be mass toxicity on here if we sat 10th and hadn't won in 9 and just lost 1-2 at home to Brighton.

Puel had us 9th-12th and this place was completely toxic. Are our fans entitled ***** as well then?

The AFTV lads are responding to what they see on the pitch. It's not their fault the club is run like a circus and their players are useless.

This hasn't happened in the last three months, this has been going on for 5 years when Wenger finishing in the top 4 (and second once) and winning FA Cups and that wasn't good enough. Emery reaching a European final wasn't good enough.

Yeah, they've a right to be very annoyed now but they were much better than this not so long ago and still the campaigns to change manager grew.

They are realising what it is like to be a fan of most clubs a lot of the time- it's frustrating, they let you down, they underachieve, they bore you and don't do what you expect- and it is a long way back with hard work. If they are a massive club, they'll recover and get over it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

They shouldn't be flagging, the directive for tight offsides is to let play continue to it's conclusion and if a goal is scored check with var. Linesmen are not implementing this and that's the problem.

I'm convinced they're deliberately implementing it poorly. If I was in charge, i'd threaten to sack them all and bring in people that actually want to use the system correctly. It's mad considering they're under immense scrutiny that they're so deliberately using it poorly, even madder that they seem to be getting away with it haha.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

They shouldn't be flagging, the directive for tight offsides is to let play continue to it's conclusion and if a goal is scored check with var. Linesmen are not implementing this and that's the problem.

There was one in the first half against Watford for us too, luckily Vardy kept on going and lay one on a plate for Perez, surely as a linesman now keep your flag down unless your 100% certain.