Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

19 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

They shouldn't be flagging, the directive for tight offsides is to let play continue to it's conclusion and if a goal is scored check with var. Linesmen are not implementing this and that's the problem.

That is the directive elsewhere and should be here, but in their infinite wisdom Mike Riley and his boys have decided that we're going to do it differently. That said, it will have been drilled into the players before the season started that this was going to be the case and they should play to the whistle above all else. If I were Wilder I'd probably be more worried about how his defence and goalkeeper have seemingly forgotten a piece of advice that basically every kid who's ever played football knows to follow.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

They shouldn't be flagging, the directive for tight offsides is to let play continue to it's conclusion and if a goal is scored check with var. Linesmen are not implementing this and that's the problem.

Unfortunately I think you're wrong there, from what I've seen in this country we're trying to be smart alecks again with VAR and going against what everyone else in the world does.

We seemingly let the linesman put his flag up but then it's up to the ref whether or not he wants play to continue (if he thinks it's a tight call).

Every other league and international competition says if it's tight (but you think he's offside) keep the flag down until play breaks down or goes for a throw/corner and then put it up and call play back. If a goal is scored then review it. This is the right way to do it in my opinion. 

Edited by TheUltimateWinner
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Unfortunately I think you're wrong there, from what I've seen in this country we're trying to be smart alecks again with VAR and going against what everyone else in the world does.

We seemingly let the linesman put his flag up but then it's up to the ref whether or not he wants play to continue (if he thinks it's a tight call).

Every other league and international competition says if it's tight (but you think he's offside) keep the flag down until play breaks down or goes for a throw/corner and then put it up and call play back. If a goal is scored then review it. This is the right way to do it in my opinion. 

I might be wrong, I thought I saw this when var was being discussed at the start of the season,  it has to be implemented like this or not at all.

Chelsea transfer ban overturned, meaning they can sign players in January.

Not overly concerned about losing Chilwell in January, can't imagine he or the club would allow that to happen. Still imagine Chelsea will make up for lost time though in the market, whether that will upset the squad and be to the detriment of the young and hungry team, or work in their favour is another point altogether. 

8 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Chelsea are now free to sign players in Jan after winning their appeal. That's all of our players linked to them then. 

I hope they don't just revert to the Chelsea of old and send all of their youngsters out on loan

Im fairly annoyed at them having the ban revoked. Like whats the point of having any rules at all if clubs can break them countless times and get away with it? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Koke said:

It was a legit goal though. Maybe Wilder should instruct his players to play to the whistle. 

He mentioned that in his interview. It's seen as sour grapes because they lost but I massively agree with him. It's sucking the life out of the sport and they're still getting so many decisions wrong. 

• Like 2

A lot of places are claiming Chillwell is Chelsea's "top target"in January.

I can't see us selling him under any circumstances. But I am so tired of these vultures trying to pluck our best away. The summer is going to be anxiety-inducing as usual.

Anyone think the transfer ban being overturned for Chelsea is potentially detrimental to them?

Its clear to see how well blooding these youngsters has gone for them, I hold my hands up and didn’t expect it to go so well.

I believe Lampard would like continue down the road of playing the youth and bringing them through, however I doubt it’s truly opened their eyes (as a club, within the recruitment side and at board level) they will still want the big names, egos, glamorous chequebook signings.

If that is forced upon Lampard I can see it falling apart, the youngsters won’t be as motivated, players being signed above Lampard's head that he doesn’t want or need without/less input and will Lampard be able to handle to big names and egos.

All in all I think the transfer ban did Chelsea a favour whether they go back to their old ways will remain to be seen.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Matt said:

I believe Lampard would like continue down the road of playing the youth and bringing them through, however I doubt it’s truly opened their eyes (as a club, within the recruitment side and at board level) they will still want the big names, egos, glamorous chequebook signings.

I think Lampard is held in high enough regard there that he'll be listened to, by and large, and they'll continue trusting the youth (until the summer). Still think they'll go big and get one or two highly-rated players for a tidy sum though, including a LB (not Chilwell). Saw Jose Luis Gaya mentioned on reddit.

15 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

Would be a decent fit. I can imagine Pearson and Deeney working very well together, and if he can get buy-in from the captain then he should be able to turn around their fortunes somewhat. Not sure he'll keep 'em up, but they'll definitely end up in a far better position behind the scenes.

5 minutes ago, Sianist said:

Arsenal forums are highly schizophenic... half believes that they’ll do a Leeds and relegate, half seem to think they’re just a stroke of luck from getting third behind liverpool and ManCity

As usual, the truth is somewhere in between- they'll probably finish around 6th this season then challenge for top 4 next year. 

Before having enough of that manager.

can't believe some of the shit i'm hearing from liverpool fans about how it's great that with players like andy robertson they are starting to "master the dark arts". apparently being cu nts and cheating it's something they've not done before and they're all buzzing they've finally caught up with all the other big teams in this regard. 

genuinely lost my head here. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

can't believe some of the shit i'm hearing from liverpool fans about how it's great that with players like andy robertson they are starting to "master the dark arts". apparently being cu nts and cheating it's something they've not done before and they're all buzzing they've finally caught up with all the other big teams in this regard. 

genuinely lost my head here. 

I hate Robertson’s guts, not long until he seriously injures someone by shoving them into the advertising boards. He’s got a rat face as well the ****. Hopefully somebody gives him a taste of his own medicine and he’s out for the season 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Poznan34 said:

I think if you get the Holy trinity of Pearson, Shakespeare, Walsh together and give them time to fully rebuild a team and reorganise your club, they're the perfect outfit when you need a complete overhaul. 

But given it'll probably be Pearson on his own and Watford are Watford, I give it six months. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

Youd think with Nige in place you're covering yourself on both grounds, he can pull of a miracle again or hes the best man to get you back in the prem

I think it'd be a very smart appointment for exactly those reasons. Really wish him all the best. Probably his last chance at a top job