Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

They should show it our players at the training ground with a be careful what you wish for board before the video. 

I’ve got no bad feelings towards Maguire to be honest, but when you play for a club like United you’re constantly in the spotlight - his mistakes are highlighted constantly. It’s part and parcel of playing for massive clubs in this day and age unfortunately, he’s not the first and won’t be the last to be dug out by football twitter 

Guest Markyblue
Just now, Manini said:

I’ve got no bad feelings towards Maguire to be honest, but when you play for a club like United you’re constantly in the spotlight - his mistakes are highlighted constantly. It’s part and parcel of playing for massive clubs in this day and age unfortunately, he’s not the first and won’t be the last to be dug out by football twitter 

Absolutely agree, he seems a good bloke,  hes a decent player who was ok for us but 80 million...wow back of the net.

58 minutes ago, rachhere said:

They are just ruining him :cry: I know that he was overrated after the world cup, but he is better than this.

Weren't he and Wan Bissaka the first building blocks for a team that OGS would be turning into world beaters? It's possible that they will require an upgrade on HM at the centre of their defence if they are to really kick on. His value must be closer to half what they paid us. I think we are also owed a £5 mill add on which is presumably based on appearances/ CL qualification etc

16 hours ago, Tuna said:

Bournemouth's next few fixtures all look interesting - Watford, Norwich, Brighton and Villa are their next 4 in the league.

Them games are tougher than they think, Watford on are fire at moment, Norwich despite there position I wouldn't say are pushovers and are capable of at least getting a point, Brighton are hit and miss, Villa...not sure if Grealish plays then it'll be a tight game. These are games though Bournemouth need to be winning.

5 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Weren't he and Wan Bissaka the first building blocks for a team that OGS would be turning into world beaters? It's possible that they will require an upgrade on HM at the centre of their defence if they are to really kick on. His value must be closer to half what they paid us. I think we are also owed a £5 mill add on which is presumably based on appearances/ CL qualification etc

I think they could keep on buying more and more players, but until the foundations of the club improve, they won't be competing at that level. Yes, we always knew he could be suspect defensively, but what's happened to those driving runs, his threat on goal at set pieces and his fantastic passing ability that could kick start an attack? 

1 hour ago, ithuriel said:

He fitted in here like a jigsaw piece and he was well coached, he improved and nailed an England place.

Now he is the butt of jokes.

The first thing I noticed in the clip was how unorganized it all looks. Hard to do what he does in a team that looks like that.

Just look at our back four and their composure and ability to link up with the midfield to bring the ball out. Like night and day.

You have to wonder, seeing what's going on there, when the owners will say enough is enough and follow a template from a club like ours.

Maybe they're doing it now and these are the growing pains? Wonder if Harry will even see the benefit of the rebuilding given his age.

What a nightmare for him. Its not Harry that's the problem. That team needs a system to operate by.

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

The size of a club is subjective but Norwich are bigger than quite a few in my opinion. Brighton, Palace, Watford, similar sized to Southampton. 

If you looked at Brighton’s training ground and stadium and compared it to all of the other clubs you’ve mentioned, and if you didn’t know which club owned what, who would you was the bigger club? I think currently Brighton are looking up and have a higher ceiling than the other clubs middling around. 

58 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Fabianski's was a penalty. You can't be sent off for a foul in the box that denies a goalscoring opportunity when you're making an attempt for the ball.

seriously mate - we don't need posters on here that know the laws of the game ……. it ruins it for all the cock wombles !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

If you looked at Brighton’s training ground and stadium and compared it to all of the other clubs you’ve mentioned, and if you didn’t know which club owned what, who would you was the bigger club? I think currently Brighton are looking up and have a higher ceiling than the other clubs middling around. 

As I say its very subjective. Brighton for me have been too irrelevant during my life time to be considered bigger that Norwich or Southampton. I don't personally even view wolves as being much bigger than Norwich but I'm aware others will disagree with that.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

cant think of nothing worse than seeing Leeds in the Prem, the media will be all over them and there fans will come out the woodwork to let everyone know they are the best team in the world.

Well, at least we'd have another unlikable fanbase able to match Liverpool's.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

cant think of nothing worse than seeing Leeds in the Prem, the media will be all over them and there fans will come out the woodwork to let everyone know they are the best team in the world.

I’d love them to get promoted so it’s:

1 A local away day 

2 We can hopefully beat the crap out of them

3 They will get relegated 

4 Because of points 2 and 3, office banter will be immense as all of the Leeds fans will be in ruins. 

37 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

I’d love them to get promoted so it’s:

1 A local away day 

2 We can hopefully beat the crap out of them

3 They will get relegated 

4 Because of points 2 and 3, office banter will be immense as all of the Leeds fans will be in ruins. 

It's a shame I no longer have any contact with my old acquaintances in Leeds, (including my ex) - it'd be fun to tease them if this happened :P

2 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

imagine if we got rid of bournemouth, norwich and burnley and replaced them with leeds leeds leeds. 

biggest glow up in premier league history i reckon. 

Yeah but we all know Leeds will blow it and we'll end up with West Brom, Forest and Fulham.

If Leeds get promoted it’ll be one of the better atmospheres at the KP next season, though the downside is the likelihood of unpleasantness ( from both sections). I think we are also slightly jealous of the energy their away support generates compared to our more sedate following!