Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Sorry but you're living in a dream world now. 

It's time for people to stop being deluded and start cheering for Liverpool to beat everyone from 3rd to 10th.

Title has gone, there's no shame in admitting that. Want to be looking down not up to make sure we stay as far ahead as 5th as possible. 

You're right, I am in a dream world but for what it's worth, remember when Newcastle were in first place, 12 points clear of Man U, with 2 games in hand in mid January? They ended up losing the title by 4 points.

Also, seem to remember Man U being 8 points clear of City with 6 games to go, only to lose on the final day.

I'd like us to push on and see how many points we can get, regardless of Liverpool. I expect them to win, but I'm also certain they won't go unbeaten and some of the teams they are playing over the next 2 months really need the points.

For all that is being made of the current gap Liverpool are enjoying, I'll be shocked if they win it by a huge margin, and not at all surprised if they win it by a much decimated margin, come May.

Edited by Kendal Fox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Howe being a decent manager is a total myth. Since they’ve been in the Premier League, they’ve had a high net spend than Liverpool. 

Probably because Liverpool got about £150m for Coutinho and a shitload more from other player sales. Shit stat. He's clearly still a bright young manager.

Was Brendan the finished article as a manager at Howe's age?

• Like 1

How on earth did var overturn that red card for Cresswell. Absolutely terrible tackle and even if you get the ball these days, you can still get sent off, like vardy vs wolves last season. No way could that be seen as a clear and obvious error by the ref, it was a horrible tackle and complete unnecessary and Fraser could have got a serious injury! 

22 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Howe being a decent manager is a total myth. Since they’ve been in the Premier League, they’ve had a high net spend than Liverpool. 

Been saying this for ages, he's a complete fraud as shown when he jumped ship to join Burnley. 

I hope they get relegated back to the Championship where they belong. Can't stand the Bournemouth and Eddit Howe love-in. 

3 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

phil neville just said gabriel jesus will "take over aguero's mantlepiece"

that is surely either the greatest comment of all time, or the end of phil neville's career

Almost everything is fantastic in Phil’s eyes too

52 minutes ago, Goober said:

Probably because Liverpool got about £150m for Coutinho and a shitload more from other player sales. Shit stat. He's clearly still a bright young manager.

Was Brendan the finished article as a manager at Howe's age?

Eddie Howe is 42.

Brendan Roggers is 46.

They are hardly master and pupil.  

Howe isn't that young a manager any more and is any manager ever the finished article?

17 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

So after today, which three clubs are going down ?

I think Norwich is now a given but I think Watford can escape.

Norwich (and take Cantwell with you)

Bournemouth

Villa

I’d wishfully swap Villa for West Ham but that won’t happen. 

Looks like Leeds are finally coming up.