Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

16 minutes ago, HereBeFoxes said:

I’m rooting for Brentford to come up; few old friends from round that area, fun times at Griffin Park, plus of course the only football ground with a pub on each corner. 

I'm afraid I've got some bad news...

• Haha 3

I find it strange how Maguire turns up and is captain pretty much straight away at Man United. I would understand if he was an experienced pro but he’s still in his early-to-mid twenties. No chance he’d be captain here if he has stayed. 

3 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

cant think of nothing worse than seeing Leeds in the Prem, the media will be all over them and there fans will come out the woodwork to let everyone know they are the best team in the world.

go to be honest, they have always been one of the best supported teams when theyv e come to us. They have great support

• Like 1

Just now, Jacnah said:

go to be honest, they have always been one of the best supported teams when theyv e come to us. They have great support

I agree you can't knock there support, remember them singing and not stopping even through half time when we was battering them might have been the game when nalis scored still don't make them any more likeable though

Guest Markyblue
52 minutes ago, HereBeFoxes said:

I’m rooting for Brentford to come up; few old friends from round that area, fun times at Griffin Park, plus of course the only football ground with a pub on each corner. 

New ground soon.

15 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

New ground soon.

Ah, right, yes, I obviously haven’t been following closely... Never mind, still be fun to have them. :D

“The Championship soccer club announced this week that it will play a final full season at existing ground Griffin Park before moving to the new stadium at the end of the 2019/20 season.”

https://www.stadia-magazine.com/news/new-project/brentford-fc-reveals-date-of-new-stadium-move.html

7 hours ago, peach0000 said:

The size of a club is subjective but Norwich are bigger than quite a few in my opinion. Brighton, Palace, Watford, similar sized to Southampton. 

I'd agree with that. I wouldn't say Norwich are one of the smallest clubs in the PL.

15 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Ben mee trending on twitter because he has ended Wesley’s season. Now all the Liverpool fans popping up as well because he did the same to Gomez. 

8 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

No matter what happens in the game Liverpool fans always will manage to make themselves the victims. Vile fan base! 

I don't even think the Gomez one was that bad.

The Wesley one was much worse but Mee does love a hefty challenge. Surprised it wasn't given red at the time.

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't even think the Gomez one was that bad.

The Wesley one was much worse but Mee does love a hefty challenge. Surprised it wasn't given red at the time.

Never forget a cracking challenge he made for us against QPR. He can be a little excessive at times but I’d generally consider him a good tackler. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Never forget a cracking challenge he made for us against QPR. He can be a little excessive at times but I’d generally consider him a good tackler. 

Yep, on Taarabt as well which got a huge cheer.

Right, I'm a Blades fan for the evening  inhabited by the spirit of Sean Bean.

If only because of the hugely patronising coverage of their chances in this game.

Kick them!

Beat them!

Silence them! (that last one is quite achievable)

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Right, I'm a Blades fan for the evening  inhabited by the spirit of Sean Bean.

If only because of the hugely patronising coverage of their chances in this game.

Kick them!

Beat them!

Silence them! (that last one is quite achievable)

That went well, didn't it?  

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Vacamion said:

That went well, didn't it?  

An invisible hand pulling down the 1 v 1 defender.

It's time to admit, a deal's been struck at midnight at the crossroads, ain't nobody but Liverpool winning this thing.

• Haha 1