Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

I reckon Burnley will drop

been watching them all season closley and I think they are not pressing the way they did in previous years

Burnley,Bournemouth and Norwich for me.

All three would be threats to bounce back mind you but I think they will be the three that drop

the three smallest clubs in the league as well so maybe not a surprise really.

17 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Eddie Howe is 42.

Brendan Roggers is 46.

They are hardly master and pupil.  

Howe isn't that young a manager any more and is any manager ever the finished article?

Thought he was mid-late 30's in fairness. He's still done very, very well at Bournemouth. He's got deficiencies and still has question marks over him - can he organise a defence, is he good enough in the transfer market, can he do it outside of Bournemouth etc - but I think the stick and 'fraud' jibes he gets are from some sort of weird Eddie Howe counter-culture who feel they need to be OTT in their criticism of him because they feel the praise he gets is OTT itself.

I might end up being wrong but I think he'll have a very successful career in management.

2 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

Howe will take Bournemouth down this season as I can’t see them sacking him. I’d go for Norwich bottom, Villa second bottom and Bournemouth third bottom.  

I'm kinda thinking the same thing. I guess we'll see who Villa splash the cash on in January.

I've just seen the Burnley Villa offside. That is utterly pathetic from VAR. I can't imagine what is going through the minds of the people making these decisions. I would like to see Riley interviewed and see what his defense is for this utter shambles.

9 hours ago, Goober said:

Probably because Liverpool got about £150m for Coutinho and a shitload more from other player sales. Shit stat. He's clearly still a bright young manager.

Was Brendan the finished article as a manager at Howe's age?

Rodgers has been in management a month more than Howe 😂

• Haha 2

Just watched Jahanbakhsh interview on MOTD. His English is sublime, a bit like Thomas Hitzelsperger. Good vocabulary and no erm or pauses. Love me a foreigner who speaks excellent English.

12 minutes ago, Koke said:

Just watched Jahanbakhsh interview on MOTD. His English is sublime, a bit like Thomas Hitzelsperger. Good vocabulary and no erm or pauses. Love me a foreigner who speaks excellent English.

Most others would be satisfied if a English person speaks a foreign language passable ... it's a lot rarer :D

Edited by Sianist
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, twister said:

I reckon Burnley will drop

been watching them all season closley and I think they are not pressing the way they did in previous years

Burnley,Bournemouth and Norwich for me.

All three would be threats to bounce back mind you but I think they will be the three that drop

the three smallest clubs in the league as well so maybe not a surprise really.

I'd say Brighton are smaller than Norwich and Burnley.

Just now, rachhere said:

They are just ruining him :cry: I know that he was overrated after the world cup, but he is better than this.

He fitted in here like a jigsaw piece and he was well coached, he improved and nailed an England place.

Now he is the butt of jokes.

1 minute ago, ithuriel said:

He fitted in here like a jigsaw piece and he was well coached, he improved and nailed an England place.

Now he is the butt of jokes.

Indeed. I want England to do well in the Euros, and he is important to that. Ah well, Leicester are better off which is the main thing. 

58 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

This is bloody brilliant, make sure sound is on when you watch it lol

I'm at work in a quiet office. I have literally just spat my tea out and laughed out loud lol

Post of the day

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

This is bloody brilliant, make sure sound is on when you watch it lol

Those "shreds" videos where they play music like that make me laugh like a twat every time. X  

Edited by RumbleFox

5 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

The size of a club is subjective but Norwich are bigger than quite a few in my opinion. Brighton, Palace, Watford, similar sized to Southampton. 

Norwich seem to have been rather unlucky recently, I fancy them to turn the corner. I think however they might be too far adrift to survive now. 

Maguire is a bag of nerves full stop.

Now he is in the limelight every week its starting to effect his game quite a bit.

No way is he a leader, should never be captain... Man United are a shambles.

Least next season he will be still have a hefty bank but champions league football is a pipe dream.

Guest Markyblue
2 minutes ago, Manini said:

The music on this one absolutely killed me. It’s such a good choice 

They should show it our players at the training ground with a be careful what you wish for board before the video.