Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

8 minutes ago, SAFC1 said:

Liverpool and Man City are a completely different level. Unbelievable. 

A shame Man City have only decided to play the 2nd half of the season, would've made the title race more interesting - although we'd have to settle for being 3rd for longer.

• Like 1

This could be anything now - superb ball from De Bruyne as well.

a title race where neither team does not lose a game apart to each other is not enjoyable so I am not bothered by city having lost a couple

truth is this league has become la liga two teams miles ahead of the rest

• Like 1

DD not 100% match fit by a country mile and comes up against De Bruyne for his 2nd PL game of the season that is some sort of bad luck.

The prospect of going to Wembley and facing Man City is losing its appeal by the day.

(and I’d imagine Villa fans might feel the same way after that first-half tonking)

• Like 1

Drinkwater has always been crap.

Matty James and Ngolo Kante made him look good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Drinky starting for Villa. Looking forward to seeing him play, it's been a while

I think it might still be a while before we see him play after that half.

Possibly worst debut since Roger Johnson v Man City a few years ago.

Hmm 0-4 ..game over then

Just curious about the above few posters wanting Villa to get stuffed, so they are all down-beat for our game.

But... 

It COULD work the other way round and with being shit in the league, wanting to get something out of their season and playing their hearts out.. :S 

Villa’s next two games are away to Brighton and home to Watford 

A defeat and a draw leaves them playing us well entrenched in the bottom three with Bournemouth away three days later .......

just need them to keep losing and their minds will not be on a Wembley final, especially given the experience of their brummy neighbours a decade ago 

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Hmm 0-4 ..game over then

Just curious about the above few posters wanting Villa to get stuffed, so they are all down-beat for our game.

But... 

It COULD work the other way round and with being shit in the league, wanting to get something out of their season and playing their hearts out.. :S 

Not sure they want anymore of Man City this season. Not sure we do either.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Drinkwater has always been crap.

Matty James and Ngolo Kante made him look good.

Hah - Kante could probably make me look good :P

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Anybody who wants this to happen must detect or even desire a sudden decline in our current status as a top half PL side. We are above his level now

To be fair, form since he's come in has Watford comfortably as a top half side. 

I think we've got a top, top manager in Rodgers who I'm more than happy with though. 

Just love me some Big Nige :wub:

3 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Hmm 0-4 ..game over then

But... 

no chance they want to risk their PL status for anything .........if we play with any intensity then they won’t want to know .....however, us and intensity seem to be poles apart at the moment !

6 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Possibly worst debut since Roger Johnson v Man City a few years ago.

I raise you Ben Mee vs Millwall 

Villa are a miserable 28/1 to get anything out of this game while you need to put £50000 on Man City to win £50001 back!!! Bookmakers being fair of course. 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

no chance they want to risk their PL status for anything .........if we play with any intensity then they won’t want to know .....however, us and intensity seem to be poles apart at the moment !

Fingers crossed you are right :) 

Just now, Fosse93 said:

To be fair, form since he's come in has Watford comfortably as a top half side. 

I think we've got a top, top manager in Rodgers who I'm more than happy with though. 

Just love me some Big Nige :wub:

I wish NP well as he continues his managerial career and am grateful for what he did for us. But I don't have a 'second team', and will never understand the mentality of those fans that do. 

Mahrez is ****ing mental. Such a good player. 

How we were ahead of Man City all this time is crazy, when they are on it they're ridiculously good. They made us look like little pipsqueaks.