Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

title race will be back on now 

Yeah, atleast we've done the media a favour by dropping out of 2nd place now, they can fully focus on Man City being 2nd, "X" amount of points behind Liverpool.

What an inconvenience we've been.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Agree.

He should accept going to some club like Derby and finish his career there.

He had one great season but let's face it kante was the driving force, at any other year he has played he has been average

55 minutes ago, Tuna said:

1 minute added lol

That happened before in the Premier League?

Really poor. There were six subs which is 3 minutes, then they didn't even play the minute added.

Doesn't matter about the score, play as much as possible. If lots of time is needed, add it on.

53 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Agree.

He should accept going to some club like Derby and finish his career there.

Maybe I'm being too harsh. Perhaps we should see how he does with more match fitness, and against a team that isn't Man City. But the signs don't look good. He was never the greatest athlete when he was with us, and he looks like he's lost a further yard of pace since then.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chester Dontlie said:

I think sacking Howe would be the silliest thing Bournemouth could do. I think they should stick with him through thick and thin, even if they are to go down. He's been overachiving with them and I can't see them appointing a better manager. Would rather if they stayed in the Prem.

Sounds like fans having a go at us after Ranieri was fired. I know Howe has done great things with Bournemouth up to this season but they suck the biggest of penis at the moment

• Haha 1

Drinkwater is finished at this level. Kind of sad to see, but also fvck him. 

Bournemouth are in big big trouble as well, how they have spent a significant period at this level and still line up with Simon Francis, Dan Gosling and Steve Cook I will never know. 

Also, NFP football genius. 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

Saw this thread on Twitter yesterday and think it's quite interesting:

Whilst Man United related, it's about fan channels and their impact on the game. Whilst most people think that such channels have given voices to the most moronic of supporters, I actually quite like them specifically for clubs outside the traditional top 6 where you get a real insight into what fans from around the country think. For example after we beat Villa 4-1 away, their fan cams they were extremely complimentary about us.

Sadly it all too predictably seems various media outlets are behind the channels and tellingly in the thread even go as far as saying: 

"Emotion is the fuel that fires virality, explains Anderson. The stronger the emotion that a Facebook post, tweet or Instagram story elicits, the further it will be carried by the churning waves of algorithm, she explains. People share feelings, not information. 'Low-arousal emotions such as contentment and relaxation are useless in the viral economy,' says Anderson. If you want to get anywhere in the social-media game, you’re going to need something stronger: frustration, anger, excitement, awe."

And hence it's all too easy to see why some channels have grown so quickly. With clubs like Man United and Arsenal doing so badly on and off the pitch, space has been opened up to exploit the anger among the fanbase for profit. To be fair having met some of these fan cam channel runners in person (I met Robbie from AFTV) I can say they are genuine fans of the club, but at the same time I get the feeling they certainly aren't unhappy about being able to line their pockets with cash!