Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

20 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

"It doesn't matter what has happened in the past 2 years - finishing runners up in the PL, winning the CL, losing one PL game in a year or so etc - because we've lost 3 of our last 4 games in all competitions so we're clearly on the slide, Klopp has no Plan B, the players are believing their own hype, VVD is shiite, we didn't strengthen enough in January, there's clearly a massive problem in the dressing room, we'll be mid table or worse this time next year, maybe it's time for Klopp to go..." etc

liverpool won the champions league and are so far ahead in the league they aren't going to ruin their season. 

i think most liverpool fans would be saying things like you've tried to sarcastically say they shouldn't, if they'd won nothing under klopp still and had gone 14 points clear but were now relying on the incompetence of others to scrape across the line whilst playing some of their worst football in the last decade. 

but yeah. great joke. it's all gravy up the blues.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

Were now relying on the incompetence of others to scrape across the line whilst playing some of their worst football in the last decade

It's been heavy going over the past 2-3 months but is it really THAT bad?????

Maybe it feels worse because we played some of our best football ever before that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Our style of football that Brendan wants to play requires a level of skill that only the best players in the world can sustain over a season.

We managed it up to Christmas but if we want to sustain that fast passing incisive pressing game we'd need to improve the squad with players who have experience of being quality over a whole season. Unfortunately the starting price of those players is gonna be 50M+

Man City vs Arsenal has been re-arranged for next Wednesday. Honestly how is that fair on fans? Less than a weeks notice? 

If fans were going to ever protest then this is the game they should do. I know they wont but until fans do the Premier League will keep doing things like this. 

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Man City vs Arsenal has been re-arranged for next Wednesday. Honestly how is that fair on fans? Less than a weeks notice? 

If fans were going to ever protest then this is the game they should do. I know they wont but until fans do the Premier League will keep doing things like this. 

It's really unavoidable though. Man City have 3 games to re-arrange because they missed one last weekend, and they are missing one the next two FA Cup weekends. They are also in the CL and if they get all the way, the free slots are extremely limited. The only other way would be to play 3 games a week. As harsh as it may be on fans for this game.

On 03/03/2020 at 21:08, StanSP said:

We do not exist either. 

After our title win and this season there is an argument  to be made the we're getting close to 'nicking' Man City's "We're not really here" chant.

We are not, we're not really here,

We are not, we're not really here,

Just like the fans of the Invisable Man,

We're not really here.

On 05/03/2020 at 16:00, UpTheLeagueFox said:

It's been heavy going over the past 2-3 months but is it really THAT bad?????

Maybe it feels worse because we played some of our best football ever before that.

I like what you have to post and respect your opinions but it's not much better (If any) than when Puel was here, it's almost exactly the same brand of boring, sideways, backwards, negative, uninspiring, one dimensional football.

You, as was I and many others, were hammering Puel, week in, week out.

We're playing poor, very poor at the moment, I'm not gonna make excuses or pretend it isn't.

We're 3rd, got to a semi final in the League Cup and are in the Quarters of the FA Cup, i'm delighted with that, but performances and form over the last few months have been quite dismal, I agree when you've pulled someone up on saying "It's the worst we've played in the last decade", it's abit OTT, however my adjectives used in the first sentence sum the current situation up and the fact it's not alot different to when Puel was here is indefensible when there was so much disappointment, frustration and vitriol shown when he was here.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 4

Coverage by clubs seems to go

1. Manchester United
  2. Liverpool
  3. Arsenal
  4. Tottenham
  5. Chelsea
  6. Manchester City
  7. The
  8. Rest
  9. Of
  10. The
  11. Dirty
  12. Bottom
  13. Feeders
  14. Who
  15. Owe
  16. Those
  17. Above
  18. Their
  19. Undying
  20. Gratitude

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 2

if they get no more points this season they'll still probably win the league but it is fun watching them play shit!

For anyone that didn't believe that all teams have a blip over a season, look at Liverpool currently and I'm sure everyone believes they will be back as will we at some point this season. It would take something disastrous for us not to get CL football from here.