Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Man City Match Thread May 5th 2019

I think we've been good. Keeping the score at 0-0 against a team that starts as fast as Man City is no joke, and they've not really carved us open. We are playing out from the back nicely. Sure it would be nice to cause a few more problems, but settling into the game before getting more aggressive is a good tactic. Such a composed and professional performance from such a young team, it's really quite impressive.

At times we have also manged to drag their team up-field to then create space in behind them.

The Spanish article mentions the way we are dealing with David Silva and Phil Foden, with Ndidi acting as a man to double up on the appropriate man when needed. So far I think it's working!

• Like 1

I know it always sounds wishy washy but despite not particulalrly visibly seen intercepting or winning tackle after tackle, Hamza is blocking more potential routes than a railtrack director on a bank holiday, buzzing about just cutting out possible angles making them turn back and start again, under appreciated but totally necessary. I'm knackered just watching it.

• Like 4

Someone, somewhere, has told Wilf to win it and pop it off short, and his game has improved massively because of it. 

:scarf:

We look very decent. 

All three results are possible. 

Another punter twitter comment about the cheating citeh.

It's funny that people have now suddenly discovered Pep's basic tactic of fouling higher up on the pitch. His great Barca team won so many trophies because of this.

Just now, car1os said:

Very impressed with how we’ve played so far - just hope we can press in their half a bit more as we can create chances here

They may well allow us to have the Ball more decond half so as we leave some space behind us which they can counter.