Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leicester 2019/20 Pre-Season Fixtures

I'm always in favour of friendlies against lower league teams... particularly, from a selfish point of view, if I can get a new ground in. Notts County, for example, was perfect last season.

The fun bit of pre season is the meltdowns when we lose and people predict we'll be relegated by Christmas. 

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

There was a behind the scenes friendly at the training ground last summer. Doubt it would happen again now that Uncle Nige isn’t there anymore

I'd say the fact Pearson was there last year is exactly the reason why it was behind the scenes.

With a percentage of the fanbase unhappy with the management this time last year and a percentage of the fanbase having affection for Nige it could have been awkward for the club and personnel.

I'd say a public friendly between the two clubs is more likely to happen now.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'd say the fact Pearson was there last year is exactly the reason why it was behind the scenes.

With a percentage of the fanbase unhappy with the management this time last year and a percentage of the fanbase having affection for Nige it could have been awkward for the club and personnel.

I'd say a public friendly between the two clubs is more likely to happen now.

Fair point

These lot

https://mobile.twitter.com/hksoccer7s/status/1126430359128813568?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Are playing on the 18th of this month: http://www.hksoccersevens.com/matches-2019/

Quite a lot of buzz around Dewbury-Hall, Taveras and Luke Thomas lately. Looking forward to seeing Ughelumba too.

A young team too. Gyamfi, Thomas and Taveras are 17. Tee is 18. Ughelumba is 19.

We always seem to announce ours dead late.

Anyways, lets have something like...

Few lower league sides, selfishly ones I've not done, so go Boston, Grimsby, Macclesfield.

Do a tour of Holland or Belgium or something, get 2/3 friendlies played there.

Home game against someone like Lyon.

6 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I'm always in favour of friendlies against lower league teams... particularly, from a selfish point of view, if I can get a new ground in. Notts County, for example, was perfect last season.

The fun bit of pre season is the meltdowns when we lose and people predict we'll be relegated by Christmas. 

I remember being at Northampton away in 2013 and everyone losing their minds when we lost 2-1 in the last minute at how crap we'd be. That season went terribly...

I always fall for friendlies. I go to them, realise how fvcking pointless and boring they are, and yet a year later if there's one at home or close away I'll still buy a ticket and go. Guarantee realise exactly the same thing in a few weeks time. Genuinely do not care about friendlies though. Easy money for the club to make to watch us train, essentially.

• Like 1