Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2019/2020

It would be absolutely disgusting if the reason why Wigan are in the mess they're in is because allegedly the owner, or similar at the time, made a bet on the club to get relegated.

Edited by Wymsey

Brentford manager was giving a tactics board lecture during the second half drinks break.

Ridiculous, the idea was correct to keep players hydrated during hot temperatures but now it's become an unofficial time out.

57 minutes ago, Corky said:

Brentford manager was giving a tactics board lecture during the second half drinks break.

Ridiculous, the idea was correct to keep players hydrated during hot temperatures but now it's become an unofficial time out.

The whole thing is an absolute joke mate, I've never hated football more than I do at the minute.

13 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

The whole thing is an absolute joke mate, I've never hated football more than I do at the minute.

Jeff Stelling has become old man yelling at clouds about football recently but he's spot on with this when it was shown, just ridiculous.

16 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I'd say fair play for to the Brentford manager for making the most of it seeing as they were 1-0 down and went on to win the game.

The rule just shouldn't be in place to start with. Maybe the first round of fixtures or so at most and then back to normal. 

Players get a chance to have a drink at breaks in play as it is, the game is becoming more and more Americanised. 

Edited by Stuntman_Mike

11 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Wigan making a go of it after being obviously shafted. 

They might be able to finish more than 12 above the bottom three. Next three games are Barnsley, Hull and Charlton. 9 points from those, with a current eight point advantage, could see them safe.

Always liked Paul Cook as a manager, always done well wherever he's been, and this is good to read:

At 9am yesterday, match-day, #wafc manager Paul Cook picked up his phone & began calling the 75 members of staff who'd been made redundant by administrators. Cook wanted to support & console them. He cares. At 6pm, Cook's well-prepared, well-motivated players went out & beat QPR.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

On 07/07/2020 at 20:41, Corky said:

On 07/07/2020 at 21:38, Leicester_Loyal said:

Wow.

It's not ideal at the moment but hate?

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It's absolutely ridiculous. Here are some of the reasons why:

• I can't actually go to the games myself, that's number one and why I'm not enjoying it half as much, the days out are what its all about.
  • Handball as an attacker is punished, but perfectly fine as a defender in the box.
  • Water breaks which are clearly not needed when it's 15 degrees. These have just become extra tactical breaks.
  • 5 subs rule being implemented from next season? Just favours the big teams once again (which I'd include us in)
  • Politics coming into football, I watch it because for 90 minutes it's my escape from the world
  • Every game has a stupid VAR decision missed, as well as taking 5 minutes to come to the decision (and not always the correct one IMO) All the handballs against us, Sheff Utd ghost goal a few weeks ago, Burnleys clear red card not given last night. When it's just a ref you can excuse it, but when you've got the technology and they still get decisions wrong.
  • EFL say Wigans owners are perfectly good to own a football club, they bankrupt them a few weeks later and now the EFL want to deduct them points and relegate them. Now they're gonna be forced to sell their whole squad to cover debts etc.
  • At the same time while all this is happening we've now got FFP, which stops the smaller clubs getting a sugardaddy and spending their way to the title, IMO if someone can finance it, it should be allowed.

It just doesn't feel like the game I grew up loving, if VAR and stuff improves it'll make it much better, but I don't agree with these rules that clearly favour the big teams.

You haven't even mentioned the time wasting and on-field antics of players lol

Hard to argue with any of that to be honest. The problem is most peoples love of the game will continue to overrule the bas aspects.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It's absolutely ridiculous. Here are some of the reasons why:

• I can't actually go to the games myself, that's number one and why I'm not enjoying it half as much, the days out are what its all about.
  • Handball as an attacker is punished, but perfectly fine as a defender in the box.
  • Water breaks which are clearly not needed when it's 15 degrees. These have just become extra tactical breaks.
  • 5 subs rule being implemented from next season? Just favours the big teams once again (which I'd include us in)
  • Politics coming into football, I watch it because for 90 minutes it's my escape from the world
  • Every game has a stupid VAR decision missed, as well as taking 5 minutes to come to the decision (and not always the correct one IMO) All the handballs against us, Sheff Utd ghost goal a few weeks ago, Burnleys clear red card not given last night. When it's just a ref you can excuse it, but when you've got the technology and they still get decisions wrong.
  • EFL say Wigans owners are perfectly good to own a football club, they bankrupt them a few weeks later and now the EFL want to deduct them points and relegate them. Now they're gonna be forced to sell their whole squad to cover debts etc.
  • At the same time while all this is happening we've now got FFP, which stops the smaller clubs getting a sugardaddy and spending their way to the title, IMO if someone can finance it, it should be allowed.

It just doesn't feel like the game I grew up loving, if VAR and stuff improves it'll make it much better, but I don't agree with these rules that clearly favour the big teams.

Not if you play for Leicester it's not!