Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st martin

Michael Keane

Buying cast offs from PL clubs rarely works out, there is usually a very good reason why their previous clubs wanted rid of them. If Everton fans think he's crap that's good enough for me for fans who've seen him play 100+ games.

When we signed Faes he had nothing but praise from Reims fans saying how he was their leader and how they will struggle to replace him and as usual 90% of the times fans who've seen a player play lots of games usually call it right.

If we really want Keane then I hope it's a loan with an option to buy. Keane is 29 and been playing in this league for the best part of a decade, there is nothing new to find out about him.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/12/2022 at 09:24, Gerard said:

Buying cast offs from PL clubs rarely works out, there is usually a very good reason why their previous clubs wanted rid of them. If Everton fans think he's crap that's good enough for me for fans who've seen him play 100+ games.

When we signed Faes he had nothing but praise from Reims fans saying how he was their leader and how they will struggle to replace him and as usual 90% of the times fans who've seen a player play lots of games usually call it right.

If we really want Keane then I hope it's a loan with an option to buy. Keane is 29 and been playing in this league for the best part of a decade, there is nothing new to find out about him.

Far too much logic there, the board will never go for it. 

On 07/12/2022 at 09:24, Gerard said:

We desperately need to pad out the team, we're losing Amartey, Soyuncu and probably Evans. So our only centre backs will be Faes and Vestergaard, who we don't want. So long as Keane or someone comes in like that on the cheap, and then we go out and try for another Faes, I have absolutely no issue with it. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We desperately need to pad out the team, we're losing Amartey, Soyuncu and probably Evans. So our only centre backs will be Faes and Vestergaard, who we don't want. So long as Keane or someone comes in like that on the cheap, and then we go out and try for another Faes, I have absolutely no issue with it. 

Exactly. Who we buy in January will depending on a variety of factors.

We'll have CB targets but they may not be available for the budget we have, especially as it appears we're prioritising a RW and LB. 

So we may get a loan now and then get our preferred target in the Summer. 

Things can change, for example we don't get our preferred LB and focus instead on a CB. While sizeable, we don't have a massive budget for January, and you tend to get less value then as well as it's more a seller's market. 

7 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Exactly. Who we buy in January will depending on a variety of factors.

We'll have CB targets but they may not be available for the budget we have, especially as it appears we're prioritising a RW and LB. 

So we may get a loan now and then get our preferred target in the Summer. 

Things can change, for example we don't get our preferred LB and focus instead on a CB. While sizeable, we don't have a massive budget for January, and you tend to get less value then as well as it's more a seller's market. 

We need so many players, that it's feasible we buy a player like Keane now and then a main target in the summer. With Keane dropping down the pecking order. 

As Rodgers said, we're going to under go a huge squad transition. Long term backup might come in first, before we get regular starters. If that's what budget and what's available dictates.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Why are we losing Amartey? His contract may be up in the summer, but I would have thought he would want to stay now he is a regular starter and the club may feel he has done enough recently, to extend.

1 minute ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Why are we losing Amartey? His contract may be up in the summer, but I would have thought he would want to stay now he is a regular starter and the club may feel he has done enough recently, to extend.

As it stands, he's going. We've had plenty of time to tie up a contract for him. He's not signed a contract and every man and their dog knows we're going to try and buy a better centre back than him. He'll end up 4th choice again soon enough. 

• Like 1