Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

England U21's

1 minute ago, Manini said:

There is a new penalty rule this year though and that was enforced there wasn’t it? I’ve not made that rule change up? 

There was a new penalty rule announced but it got withdrawn again so penalties will remain with the same rules as before 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, David Guiza said:

The penalty taker has never been able to score after hitting the post directly. 

Remember playing in a youth game where the taker scored a rebound off the post, it was then disallowed and we were all bemused! 

Steve Thompson did it against Liverpool in 94/95. Would have been his only Premier League goal for us then we sold him a few weeks later :(

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Wasn’t his t/o .......will miss 3 games so the next game he could play would be the final ..... which he won’t ....

I’m watching this in the Goat in Sopwell Lane. If you live in Snorbens I’m sure you know it. 

Shame  that will be the last we see him. He’s had a decent game apart from that tackle. 

Just now, jammie82uk said:

There was a new penalty rule announced but it got withdrawn again so penalties will remain with the same rules as before 

Shows how much Martin Tyler knows then, he’s just been explaining it after that pen saying it’s come in to force. 

I’d trust you over him any day of the week lol 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

They reviewed it and upheld the call.

I'm watching in Spanish and they did't show any graphic for VAR so I assumed they weren't using it at the tournament until Hamza got sent off. Don't agree with upholding the decision for the 1st pen though

TBF it would have got red every time in PL so no complaints really. As much as I like Hamza and his old fashioned no prisoners approach unfortunately you just can't get away with those types of challenges these days. Hopefully he will learn a big lesson from this

2 minutes ago, Terry_Cochrane said:

I’m watching this in the Goat in Sopwell Lane. If you live in Snorbens I’m sure you know it. 

Shame  that will be the last we see him. He’s had a decent game apart from that tackle. 

I do 

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Terrible challenge from Hamza but what was Wan Bissaka doing? He created the situation through a lack of concentration. He's had a mare tonight.

Was tomorai 

Boothroyd with a strange tactical plan down to ten men ....

Just now, cal21212121 said:

I'm watching in Spanish and they did't show any graphic for VAR so I assumed they weren't using it at the tournament until Hamza got sent off. Don't agree with upholding the decision for the 1st pen though

I think in the context of the system we're used to where it's down to the ref's discretion then it's certainly harsh, but it's the letter of the law though and as long as it's upheld every time (and with VAR it should be) I don't see an issue.

That Jeff Reine-Adelaide looks quality. Lots of time and skill on the ball.

Ntcham looks a busy player with lots of ideas as well.

You can see the quality when Guendozi is not making their side.

I don't know French football well. What sort of clubs do the two I mentioned play for? Are they superstars?

Just now, st albans fox said:

I do 

Was tomorai 

Boothroyd with a strange tactical plan down to ten men ....

You're right. My bad. Wan Bissaka has given the ball away a hell of a lot though, I was right about that!