Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

England U21's

Tomori had a terrible game. Absolutely horrific.

I have to say though for all the fuss about our U21, our squad is unbalanced. Is Choudhry the only CDM in the squad?

The French squad has genuine quality on that bench. Our English side is good... I'm not criticising it, but that is a genuinely good French side. Guendouzi, Ntcham, Adou on the bench.... good players. 

With Hamza we looked good, without Hamza we were a shambles.

Nice goal from Foden but faded badly at the end.

Wan Bissaka looked poor

Rubbish subs

Henderson best England player

In the firing line - in this order:

1) Hamza (crazy tackle)

2) Boothroyd (nonsensical subs)

3) Wan Bissaka (ffs what was he doing??)

feel sorry for Henderson (excellent) and Foden (Maradonaesque goal)

All in all a classic England fcukup

1 minute ago, FIF said:

Wan Bissaka looked poor

Rubbish subs

Might be the first thing you've ever posted I agree with.

I suddenly understand why people bang on about wrong clocks.....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FIF said:

Wan Bissaka looked poor

Rubbish subs

As the founding member of his fan club prof I thought you would turn a negative (rash tackle and sending off cost us) ...   into a positive (with Hamza we looked good) ...     :appl:   :)

Finding myself weirdly angry at that. What the **** were those tactics after Choudhury got sent off?! Brings on two strikers and plays neither of them up front to hold it up? Was just attack vs defence, I’m amazed we lasted that long. Unbelievable own goal was just a kick in the teeth. 

• Like 2

I know the team changes a hell of a lot and that they're not a club side but can someone confirm they have actually met before? Going forward there was some very nice link up play but defensively it was like four blokes in a park game thrown together at random with the right back deciding he fancies being up front. 

Gray got himself into good positions, Foden was quality and the keeper saved a penalty but need more cutting edge, France shouldn't have still been in it at half time.

I understand that Hamza made a very poor challenge, but what would we prefer, Hamza working his socks off to get back and scramble defend to stop a goal after a dreadful pass. Or the passive defending standing off that led to the equaliser?

Odd tournament really, pretty much over already with the way qualification works and how tough our group was to start with. 

Real shame. Played some good stuff, hamza MOTM until sending off.... he’s got that in him though! 

Agree with Aidy comments, he was only there because of Dan and he’s left now so might well leave if he ****s up again. 

15 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Are you familiar with the phrases ' proper football man' and 'jobs for the boys' ?

If not, I'll swerve this question and you should probably stop asking it

Well that's sort of my point. The FA has put a lot of time and resources into the youth setup with and there's obviously an increased focus on developing players with technique and intelligence. Even if they just wanted to give it to a mate of Southgate or Dan Ashworth or whoever was calling the shots at that point, I'd have thought they could have come up with someone whose style is a more natural fit.

Like I said, the picture I have of him is just a pretty limited, lower league manager, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me different - after all, it's possible that his philosophy has changed over time and he might be a good motivator and developer of players, I've no idea.

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Odd tournament really, pretty much over already with the way qualification works and how tough our group was to start with. 

Real shame. Played some good stuff, hamza MOTM until sending off.... he’s got that in him though! 

Agree with Aidy comments, he was only there because of Dan and he’s left now so might well leave if he ****s up again. 

Agree,  Hamza was in the running for Motm before his sending off. Wan Bissaka on the other hand was terrible for the full 95, capped by a bizarre og.