Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

England U21's

I don't mean this as a criticism of him or the job he's doing, but can anyone explain how it is that Boothroyd came to be involved in the setup? I thought he had a reputation as being a bit of a dinosaur hoof merchant so it's always struck me as odd that he's charged with getting the best from the country's most gifted young footballers

Hamza’s challenge was awful and a deserved red but on a single occasion did Tyler or Hinchcliffe mention that Tomori put England in that position. 

Thought Boothroyd’s tactics were a good idea but Abraham in particular just couldn’t do it 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

So the highlight will be on Hamza's red card, but that isn't the sole thing that cost us today. Yes the bad challenge made everything a million times harder, but isn't the sole issue.

- Our full backs seem unable to defend, they've been caught out of position so many times. Both goals have come from mistakes from them. 

- The substitutions were bizarre at best. Mount came on and did absolutely **** all. Think i contributed more to that game sat in bed than he did. Tammy and Calvert-Lewin were the wrong decisions, we lost the pace in the attack we had with Gray and Sessegnon. One maybe would've been a good call with Barnes or a winger coming on to keep the pace up top.

- Our inability to score. Solanke was useless, missing handfuls of decent chances and contributing basically nothing to the game. Gray missed a couple as well. We're calling out for a goal scorer, Calvert or Tammy should be starting above Solanke. 

Overall, Hamza cocked up with that sending off, but the rest of the team need to hold their hands up for throwing away the goal. We have talent in the side but they need their heads smashing together to utilise it

• Like 4

Just now, Guest said:

I don't mean this as a criticism of him or the job he's doing, but can anyone explain how it is that Boothroyd came to be involved in the setup? I thought he had a reputation as being a bit of a dinosaur hoof merchant so it's always struck me as odd that he's charged with getting the best from the country's most gifted young footballers

Are you familiar with the phrases ' proper football man' and 'jobs for the boys' ?

If not, I'll swerve this question and you should probably stop asking it