Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

On 08/02/2021 at 07:03, Ian Nacho said:

Perhaps I’m being overly critical but I’d like to see him be a bit more creative. Of course it’s the nature of a right footed player playing on the left to want to cut in and want to shoot but I’d like to see him switch it up and take a man on the outside occasionally. Ironically this time last year he was getting assists but not too many goals, but now he’a scoring but not getting too many assists. He can just be anonymous in tight games. 

He has a good left foot and pin point crossed to Vardy for an easy header. His crossing is good and when he plays with the likes of Nachos and KDH, he is good with one twos. He can take corners too, but he doesn’t get the chance here at Leicester.

19 hours ago, matty98 said:

He gave Vardy one of those but it was cleared off the line, think Barnes wanted to make sure he finished the job this time.

No that other shot was saved and vardy then missed the rebound.

If you take the shot on for those sorts of chances when you have someone square for a tap in, you absolutely have to finish it and fair play to him as he did

4 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

He has a good left foot and pin point crossed to Vardy for an easy header. His crossing is good and when he plays with the likes of Nachos and KDH, he is good with one twos. He can take corners too, but he doesn’t get the chance here at Leicester.

He checked back and crossed that one with his right foot.

23 hours ago, Royston. said:

Thought both he and maddison were poor today but they both come away smelling like roses.

Barnes created a few chances yesterday, two lovely balls in to Vardy in the 1st half, the one for the lob and then the one for his header straight at Allison. That was a peach of a cross.

2nd half he ran at them loads. Won the penalty that was given as the free kick and then ripped them for the chance him and Vardy were denied by Allison. Then his run and finish for the 3rd was just sublime.

Mega star in the making.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, SHANE_ said:

12 goals and 3 assists in 32 games this season according to Transfermarket! 

:scarf:

Simple fact is him + Maddison adding goals + assists to their game is what will turn them into top end premiership players and get them into that England starting XI.

What a machine this lad is turning into. All the same stuff as last year, but the final product is there. If he carries on improving I can see him having 30-40 goal contributions a season for the next 10 years. What I'd give for another player like him on the right hand side.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I know Rodgers has said he isn’t a striker but I can see him playing there one day. 

I agree with BR, his biggest strength is running at players not in behind them. He goes past 1 or 2 defenders with ease sometimes and that creates so much space. 

5 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Imagine how much it would cost to sign a winger who would deliver his numbers in the prem. We are lucky to have him and I hope he stays here for the next 12 years. 

It would cost us 50m easily. Even Klopp before the game talked him up, and there was a lot of rumours in the summer that Liverpool looked at him before opting to sign Diogo Jota instead because they know that Leicester would probably want Maguire money!

I really hope he becomes a one club man. He genuinely looks like he's going to be the person Vardy hands the batton to. They might play in different positions, but look at Liverpool and Barcelona as examples of teams who major goal threat is not the player that starts in the number 9 position, but someone cutting in from wide.

For me a defining moment in his career may be his goal in the game. Moments before he squared it to Vardy who was denied, so the next time he had a chance he thought "this one's mine!" And took his chance with real aplomb. You can see that he's starting to get really confident as a player, and that's when he will become a genuine superstar. He should demand the team play him the ball and show no fear, because he's got the ability to hurt anyone. In recent games it's been noticeable that he's the one trying to change the flow of the game, against Wolves he looked our most dangerous player throughout for example. Mahrez was often greedy, sometimes too greedy, but his numbers were phenomenal for us because he had self-confidence. Barnes can get to that level!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

It would cost us 50m easily. Even Klopp before the game talked him up, and there was a lot of rumours in the summer that Liverpool looked at him before opting to sign Diogo Jota instead because they know that Leicester would probably want Maguire money!

I really hope he becomes a one club man. He genuinely looks like he's going to be the person Vardy hands the batton to. They might play in different positions, but look at Liverpool and Barcelona as examples of teams who major goal threat is not the player that starts in the number 9 position, but someone cutting in from wide.

For me a defining moment in his career may be his goal in the game. Moments before he squared it to Vardy who was denied, so the next time he had a chance he thought "this one's mine!" And took his chance with real aplomb. You can see that he's starting to get really confident as a player, and that's when he will become a genuine superstar. He should demand the team play him the ball and show no fear, because he's got the ability to hurt anyone. In recent games it's been noticeable that he's the one trying to change the flow of the game, against Wolves he looked our most dangerous player throughout for example. Mahrez was often greedy, sometimes too greedy, but his numbers were phenomenal for us because he had self-confidence. Barnes can get to that level!

Nice diatribe, Strider. :thumbup:

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

For me a defining moment in his career may be his goal in the game. Moments before he squared it to Vardy who was denied, so the next time he had a chance he thought "this one's mine!" And took his chance with real aplomb.

Barnes had a crack, didn't he? Allison pulled off a ridiculous double save from him and Vards? It wasn't a pass.

Would have been some goal had it gone in, went past half their side like they weren't there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I tend to agree with those who feel his best position may be on the left but I remember Thierry Henry playing wide before Wenger moved him central. Both with place and can beat a man, now Barnes is adding the finish - who knows what the future holds.

Harvey has done brilliantly - you could see there was a player there from his debut onwards and now adding consistency. He'll be at the Euros with Madison but such a shame JJ will miss out but he's got everyone of us backing and supporting him and we can see Ricardo getting back to his best and so will JJ  

3 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I know Rodgers has said he isn’t a striker but I can see him playing there one day. 

One day? How about yesterday. Moved him up front alongside Vardy, and Liverpool were undone. Might see more of that given the stunning results?

https://theathletic.com/2386428/2021/02/14/liverpool-leicester-rodgers-gamble-premier-league-decisive-formation-change/

Barnes                Vardy

Pérez / Madders

Madders / Sharkey.      Sharkey / Under / Pérez

the Emperor Wilf

... too much risk while missing JJ & Castagne?

But next year...