Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc sheff

Jay Rodriguez

Guest SO1

When I see Nacho sold or go out on loan then I'll believe something like this. Think it would be foolish not to bed in a younger prospect with more potential.

That said, 22 in 47 is nothing to sneeze at. Looks like he still has excellent pace for the injuries he's had.

Guest SO1
1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

A decent okazaki replacement?

Doubt he has the stamina to press like Okazaki. Could be wrong.

Guest SO1
Just now, Grebfromgrebland said:

I just meant to make up the numbers really. I'm clutching at straws here (paper ones of course) waiting for a rumour to get excited about.

Right with you.  Need to be spending more time discussing politics like I need a hole in the head.

Evans was an obvious bargain but Rodriguez IMO is not. I think he’d be a great pickup for one of the promoted sides but he’ll only ever be backup here. 

We are better going for a younger striker who can push Vardy with a view to taking over in a few years. That was supposed to be Nacho though which leaves us in quite the predicament. 

I rolled my eyes when I read the thread title but his record's better than I realised, and that really isn't a lot at all.

I didn't realise how old he is.

I think for a back-up striker we could do worse to be honest.

Absolutely no idea what is going on at West Brom with these contracts. What were they thinking?

Are we aiming to break into the top 6 or cement mid-table safety?! 

Townsend and Rodriguez are not what we need and I don't actually believe we are genuinely interested in these type players either. 

Brendan said he wanted to add quality and these are squad fillers who are no better than what we have, or worse. 

I hope and expect we are aiming higher than this! 

• Like 2

Genuine question, who would be happy going into next season with Vardy, Sturridge and Rodriguez as striking options with Ian out on loan? 

I'm not too sure myself. Seems like a mid table teams options. Certainly not a top 6 club. Maybe 7th with those 3? 

23 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Genuine question, who would be happy going into next season with Vardy, Sturridge and Rodriguez as striking options with Ian out on loan? 

I'm not too sure myself. Seems like a mid table teams options. Certainly not a top 6 club. Maybe 7th with those 3? 

Sturridge, Vardy, Robben.

Barnes, Maddison, Tielemans,

Chillwell, Maguire, Evans, Peirera

Kasper.

Looks top 6 to me.

• Haha 1

He's lower end Prem/high Championship standard, not been the same since he unfortunately did his knee years ago against Man City. So it's a no from me, doesn't add much and depreciating sell on value.