Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc sheff

Jay Rodriguez

I would have him as a 3rd choice option for that price yes. Do I think we need him? no. Do I think we will need to sign another striker as back up with more quality? Yes. 

Regardless of it being £5m use that money to get someone with a little extra talent in a transfer fee elsewhere & get Sturridge in on a free.  

If we don't sign Maupay, and Bren doesn't trust either Ian or Gray, then sure. It's five million. He can have a two year contract. Strurridge is a better shout but it's not certain Sturridge will be injury free.

Edited by Foxxed

3 hours ago, Merchant_Banker said:

That's easy, Tell WBA we are ignoring the release clause and offer £40m.

This comment just broke my internet ? 

The difficulty we have is that Vardy remains prolific for us and is the modern day Stevie Walsh to this club. Any striker knows he will play second fiddle to him so it must be difficult to attract a top player to come in for that reason. Should there be truth in the Rodriguez story we are simply looking for the best value backup plan available. Doesn't send shudders down the spine but the alternative is Iheanacho. We spanked a fortune on the lad and cant afford him the time to find his feet due to the instant impact Vardy gives us (albeit different players). 

39 minutes ago, FoxesFourLife said:

We need a quality back up to Vardy God forbid any thing happens to him and we're in the shit

To be fair most PL clubs are in the same boat of they lose their main striker, not many have quality back up.

39 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

To be fair most PL clubs are in the same boat of they lose their main striker, not many have quality back up.

We havent even got a back up never mind a quality back up

I will be horrified if we sign this dude.

We are miles and miles away from the days of picking up the likes of him, or Bamford, or Billy Sharp. Anodyne championship players.

It doesn't make any sense at all. It totally goes against our recent MO

If we need cover for Vardy, then if nothing else Barnes or Gray can play there - both light years ahead of this fella

11 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

We are miles and miles away from the days of picking up the likes of him, or Bamford, or Billy Sharp. Anodyne championship players.

If we need cover for Vardy, then if nothing else Barnes or Gray can play there - both light years ahead of this fella

Rodriguez has spent 6 of the last 7 seasons playing in the top flight? And he scored 33 Premier League goals despite missing nearly two seasons through injury. Very strange to write him off as a 'Championship player' because he got relegated with West Brom and has spent 1 season there. By that logic, Jonny Evans is just a Championship player and we should bin him off as well. As for Gray being 'light years' ahead of him, he's scored 8 times in 108 games.

I'm not bothered if we sign him or not, and if we do it would surely be purely a backup signing - but to write him off in such strong terms and to compare him to players like Bamford who has failed every time he's played in the PL and Billy Sharp who's only ever made about 3 PL appearances is just ridiculous.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Gray!!.. light years ahead!!?.... 

You are joking, right? 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Yeah, converting Gray into a striker....remind me how that turned out.

• Haha 1

Don't see the issue with this..... particularly at 5m.

Persuading anyone to be backup to Vardy would be difficult unless we were a top 6 club and even then it isn't easy.

Rodriguez has always done ok, even got in and around the England squad a few times.

Worse case is he's a flop and does nothing, we lose 5m.... not the end of the world

14 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Don't see the issue with this..... particularly at 5m.

Persuading anyone to be backup to Vardy would be difficult unless we were a top 6 club and even then it isn't easy.

Rodriguez has always done ok, even got in and around the England squad a few times.

Worse case is he's a flop and does nothing, we lose 5m.... not the end of the world

Still better business than 2 x £25m+ flops

I seem to be alone in this but I like Rodrigues. Intelligent runner and a hard worker. Goes in patches like all strikers but I don’t think it’s the worst prospect. If he still has the fire and desire I can actually see it being a good fit. 

• Like 4