Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Ricardo Pereira

He's looking forward to next season with us, don't you just love him!

- Ricardo Pereira will try and build on his first season in England when the 2019/10 Premier League season begins in August
- The Foxes will entertain Wolverhampton Wanderers on the opening day
- The City defender believes his side can ‘compete against anyone’ following victories over Manchester City, Chelsea and Arsenal last term

The Portugal international set up James Maddison during the 2-0 win over Wolves last term, and registered further five assists en route to winning the Club’s Player of the Season and Players’ Player of the Season awards.

Ricardo played brilliantly in some of City’s most impressive performances, scoring the winner against Manchester City on Boxing Day and setting up Jamie Vardy for his goals in the victories against Everton and Arsenal.

Discussing the Foxes’ opening game of the season, the 25-year-old said: “I can’t wait to pull the Leicester shirt on again and be back at King Power Stadium in front of our amazing supporters,” said Ricardo. “It will be great to start at home.

B18O7784.JPG

Videos are available for free to LCFC Digital Members

Sign In or create a free account to watch this video

FIRST TEAM Video published 06 Jun 19 Video duration 02:27

Ricardo Pereira's Most Impressive 2018/19 Moments

Check out some of Ricardo Pereira's highlights from the 2018/19 Premier League campaign.

“The fans were brilliant with me and the team last season, so I just want to improve and play even better this campaign to make them happy.

“We showed last season that we’re a very good side and must take confidence from the fact we beat a lot of really good teams like Chelsea, Manchester City and Arsenal, which means that we can compete against anyone in this league and give them a difficult game.”

City contested three games against Wolves in 2018/19, first winning 2-0 before Danny Wardsaved three penalties during the Carabao Cup Third Round tie at Molineux Stadium in September.

On a personal note last season was a very good one for me. I think I adapted well to the Premier League because the style of play in England suits my game.

Ricardo Pereira LCFC.com

An end-to-end encounter followed in January, when Diogo Jota’s hat-trick secured a 4-3 winfor the hosts, despite Leicester drawing level on two occasions in the West Midlands.

“We had three tough fixtures against Wolves last year so we’ll be expecting a big challenge on the opening day,” continued Ricardo. “We’ll be ready for it though and will look to get the season off to a winning start.

“On a personal note last season was a very good one for me. I think I adapted well to the Premier League because the style of play in England suits my game.

“It is the best league in the world so to test myself against so many good players every week was something I embraced and really enjoyed.”

Edited by Grebfromgrebland
  • Like 3

On 10/06/2019 at 10:42, Ric Flair said:

He is one of only 2 outfield players in our team with any consistent end product (3 if you count Tielemans who we don't yet own) it would be a huge loss to the team, but there's a real fear he could be in demand by the very best clubs in Europe. His lack of recognition with his national side since he joined us won't be helping our cause either, most of our stars have prospered for their national side since joining us but Ricardo it's been the opposite.

If we did lose him, it would have to be north of £60-70m as he is one of our best players and potentially one of the best right backs in the world. Timothy Castagne would be the obvious replacement but I really hope this is just a rumour.

He's been really unfortunate in terms of the international side as Portugal have a plethora of very good RB's, Cancelo, Semedo, Soares, etc.

I think we can put to bed any rumours he is leaving now. Pheeeew!

“I can’t wait to pull the Leicester shirt on again and be back at the King Power Stadium in front of our amazing supporters,” he said.

“It will be great to start at home. The fans were brilliant with me and the team last season, so I just want to improve and play even better this season to make them happy.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/i-cant-wait-pull-leicester-2977818

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

To be honest, it puzzles me that he's not Portugal's staying right back. He's more complete than Cancelo and Semedo, and Cedric is just rubbish. 

Agree he's better than Soares but from what I've seen of Cancelo there's not much between them and I guess Cancelo is playing regularly at a higher level in the latter stages of the CL so can see the logic in him being first choice.  Semedo only seems to have come onto a game and become a regular for Barcelona lately.

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

Agree he's better than Soares but from what I've seen of Cancelo there's not much between them and I guess Cancelo is playing regularly at a higher level in the latter stages of the CL so can see the logic in him being first choice.  Semedo only seems to have come onto a game and become a regular for Barcelona lately.

Cancelo is like Marcelo in that he goes the team a whole new dimension in attack but can easily be exposed in defence. Ricardo isn't as good going forwards but he's great defensively. I guess it depends on what the NT coach wants

13 hours ago, brucey said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-boss-claude-puel-1590195

Pereira played under Puel at Nice during the 2015-16 season and revealed the Frenchman was crucial in convincing him to join City, amid reported interest from German clubs Borussia Dortmund and RB Leipzig, who both had European football to offer.

“(Puel) gave me confidence when I was in Nice,” Pereira told LCFC TV . “He was the coach that brought me to Nice when I wasn’t playing in Portugal.

“It was very important for him to be here.

“He spoke to me about the club, about the championship, about the opportunity for me and I have the characteristics to succeed here.”

Missed the bit where he said 'i signed because of Puel' and not the extra 20k a week we offered.

25 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Missed the bit where he said 'i signed because of Puel' and not the extra 20k a week we offered.

Only 20k ?

i recall when Iborra signed and my son tweeted ‘I’ve  been to Seville and Vicente isn’t signing for the football or the scenery’ .......

28 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

He'd agreed to sign for us before wages were sorted. He wanted t play for CP again. 

4 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Ricardo is a quality player and we have a lot to thank Puel for, regardless of how his tenure declined in the end.

We also had the best full back pairing last season in the league.

4 hours ago, TaggertvsWise said:

I think Liverpool fans could pick a valid argument with that statement

yeah id put us second or third...

6 hours ago, TaggertvsWise said:

I think Liverpool fans could pick a valid argument with that statement

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Half an argument potentially. 

2 hours ago, MPH said:

yeah id put us second or third...

Yes that's a fair comment, isn't it strange that Liverpool signed Roberston when we were supposed to be signing him. If we had I wonder what would have happened with Chilwell.

• Like 1

On 14/06/2019 at 12:10, Suzie the Fox said:

I think we can put to bed any rumours he is leaving now. Pheeeew!

“I can’t wait to pull the Leicester shirt on again and be back at the King Power Stadium in front of our amazing supporters,” he said.

“It will be great to start at home. The fans were brilliant with me and the team last season, so I just want to improve and play even better this season to make them happy.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/i-cant-wait-pull-leicester-2977818

That man's such a cocktease it's unreal.

• Haha 3