Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Ricardo Pereira

13 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I wonder how much we'd need to seel Ricky, can't imagine we'd accept anything below 70 million.

Without Tielemans, only him and Vardy have what could be classed as consistent end product, he'd be a huge loss.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Without Tielemans, only him and Vardy have what could be classed as consistent end product, he'd be a huge loss.

He's pretty much priceless to us. It'd take more money than Juve can afford to sign him I think. As people have said, it's most likely an attempt to get him a contract improvement, which he probably deserves seeing as he's one of our best players.

• Like 1

Which bit of "not for sale" and quotes along the lines of "I love playing here and cannot wait to pull on the LCFC shirt again next season" do the so called journos not understand.

I am now getting thoroughly sick and tired of reading that this city player or that is being linked/scouted/attracting interest etc etc from just about everywhere.

If I did not know better I would think that there is some sort of conspiracy going on to disrupt our club simply because we have the audacity to actually look like we might just be able to put out an exciting side that could upset the status quo.

I do not see almost every decent player at all the other clubs being talked about as if it is a foregone conclusion that they will leave.  In some ways it is flattering but it is also annoying in that it portrays us as some sort of feeder club to the rest of the world.

No doubt when the new season dawns and we still have our squad intact (plus a couple of additions) and we are in the mix at the top  it will all of course be down a huge slice of luck that we somehow managed to hang onto our star players, and it will not last as they will all be off in the next window, rather than due to the fact that it is a well run, fantastic club at which to ply your trade that looks after its players and rewards loyalty

Relax, we are obviously doing something right if ‘everyone’ is interested in our players. Don’t buy into the bullshit and take it as a compliment. We all know we will only let one ‘big name’ go maximum. If we start selling all and sundry then panic! It’s not gonna happen!

• Like 4

Sun Exclusive.  Must be true.   If someone is under contract can anybody just come him and take them, with the incumbent Club helpless and left to just rollover and get shafted?

If all this crap in the tabloid press were true, we would be left with Matty James, Andy King, Wes and Slimani.  Happy days.

42 minutes ago, adam1 said:

In his position I would want to join Juventus. 

No brainer.

It is balls. He is NOT their first choice, but a backup.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

I’d go for more but then we get slated by wanna be sports journos who can only get printed in the scum for putting a high price on our top players, then I read he’s a Man U fan says it all really !!

https://strettynews.com/2019/06/27/journalist-slams-leicester-citys-asking-price-for-harry-maguire/

He can feck right off is what he can do. You want to rip teams apart pay up or stop your bloodclot crying

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

I’d go for more but then we get slated by wanna be sports journos who can only get printed in the scum for putting a high price on our top players, then I read he’s a Man U fan says it all really !!

https://strettynews.com/2019/06/27/journalist-slams-leicester-citys-asking-price-for-harry-maguire/

Fvck 'em. Their big club arrogance is boring. You want the player, you pay the premium. We had to pay £22m to take a risk on a Championship player who may not have risen to the challenge. It's paid dividends.

Same with Ricardo. He struggled in the first few games and might not have been able to settle at the club, and it would have been money down the drain. Turns out, he's now proved his worth in the most competitive league in the world so if you want him, prepare to get one of those Euromillions big cheques out!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, justfoxes said:

£50m for a kid who can't run forwards with the ball = absolutely fine and exactly what I wanted. lol lol

Edited by Babylon

10 hours ago, justfoxes said:

To be fair, the journalist quoted doesn't really criticise us for quoting a high price. He questions whether Maguire is worth £80m, which is not the same thing at all.

R.P to me seems like a very intelligent decision maker when regards to career and progression, He saw an opportunity to play regular football and not really have much competition for the RB position and really challenge himself at LCFC. His recent interview should tell all of you that he wont be going anywhere, He won player of the year with us and clearly comes across as happy to continue here.

I honestly cant see him being swayed by a big European team when hes just started a new era in the worlds best league with a top manager and a rich club with clear potential. I can see him for the next 2 seasons and will probably make a move after that. 'big club leverage just doesn't have the attraction as it once had anymore'

I would take all this as a agent pushing for some £$£$££$££ and betting odds to push some more $£$£$£ into the industry.

Edited by Simoken

4 hours ago, Simoken said:

R.P to me seems like a very intelligent decision maker when regards to career and progression, He saw an opportunity to play regular football and not really have much competition for the RB position and really challenge himself at LCFC. His recent interview should tell all of you that he wont be going anywhere, He won player of the year with us and clearly comes across as happy to continue here.

I honestly cant see him being swayed by a big European team when hes just started a new era in the worlds best league with a top manager and a rich club with clear potential. I can see him for the next 2 seasons and will probably make a move after that. 'big club leverage just doesn't have the attraction as it once had anymore'

I would take all this as a agent pushing for some £$£$££$££ and betting odds to push some more $£$£$£ into the industry.

I don’t believe that he has a family so upping and leaving wouldnt be an issue  .... the opportunity to go to juve and play with CR7 etc etc ...... that would be a tough one for us to compete with ..... I expect he would want a decent wage rise to cover his disappointment......

Edited by st albans fox