Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Fox Covert

Glastonbury

12 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

I get it. I’ve seen Elton before and it’s largely what I expected. My father in law is the same age as him and his best talent is that he can count his pills every day. To bang out a 2 hour set is unreal, and there are tonnes of classics in there. The band are tight, Elton bangs at the piano, stands up between songs, and you can barely make out what he’s singing but it largely doesn’t matter.

But my unpopular opinion is that Glastonbury has finally completed its jumping of the shark with this. Elton said he couldn’t believe he was playing, and there is a reason for that. This set could have belong to any festival including the crap served up in Chelmsford over the years. Feels there is very little Glastonbury in these headline acts anymore, and I include GnR in that who feel very anti Glastonbury. Maybe I’m getting middle aged and too cynical, but I’ve seen lots a magical performances over the years and it’s not being replicated anymore. The stars are getting older, and not many of the replacements for the bill really. And maybe it’s because the only people I know who went got corporate tickets paid for by one of the biggest advertising groups in our industry. 

Saying that, watching the Manics on iPlayer and loving it so far. 

I agree. 

Glasto's beauty is in its wide line-up but ironically this year, it lacked the presence of bands and artists on their journey upwards. Also thought its got the most guitar band free line-up on the major stages in years. Numerous indie artists abroad at the moment instead which does make you wonder about the pay scales. 

Felt for the Eaves have missed a beat - by not putting very good live bands in the Pyramid slot rather than going for the name repeatedly. Foals for example have forever been the headliners of the Other Stage but they'd relish the chance to give it some on the Pyramid. 

On 24/06/2023 at 22:11, tom27111 said:

It's been a pretty shite festival season so far.

The line up at IoW was thoroughly honking.

After watching last year on TV, me and the Mrs wanted to go, so glad we didn't.

I've just discovered how to get free access to Glasto next year though through volunteering and I'm seriously considering it. 

Mainly because there's no way it can be this bad again.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/jun/26/fetch-mop-code-brown-diary-glastonbury-toilet-cleaner

God speed if you're with this lot. Having witnessed the horrors of the thrones there I can say those folk are iron stomached heroes. 

21 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

That GnR set was simultaneously incredible thanks to Slash and Duffy and absolutely honking from Axl. Slash made up for the bad stuff though, honestly the best guitarist in history.

She had a guest slot then?

Seriously though, Duff is the real deal - check out the Neurotic Outsiders with former Pistol Steve Jones. shame though that G&R have descended into a pantomime parody of themselves. They should have split up after "Lies..."

This is quite funny -

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/reviews/guns-n-roses-review-glastonbury-festival-b2363553.html

Just been going back over the iplayer stuff and thought that I'd watch a bit of Sparks, just for old times sake. 

Ended up watching the whole show. Still very original and entertaining even without Kate Blanchett. Loved it. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...