Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

31 minutes ago, bpfox said:

i have watched malcom a fair bit over the last year and he is NOT WHAT WE NEED, he is lazy and loves to play one touch football, but most of the time he just plays the other player in to trouble, we have a player just like him CALLED GRAY, dont need another.

I kinda agree from what I've seen - be hard to turn down though!

He has amazing feet, great cutting in with his left foot from the right side but weak crossing and defensive abilities.... And yeah that does remind me of Gray a bit! 

I'm always a bit wary of taking young players who are big club rejects. I'm not on about players like Drinkwater who were never give a chance and still have it all to prove but players who are at big clubs and in and around the first team.

Maybe Iheanacho has failed here because he felt Leicester were a bit beneath him after being in and around Man City's first team squad and got a lot of game time mainly from the bench. Malcolm could be the same if he came here and be a bit mardy as last year he was a £40m signing for Barcelona and probably thought he was going to be playing alongside Messi and Suarez and winning the top trophies. A year later he finds himself in Leicester in a side hoping to qualify for the Europa League. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I'm always a bit wary of taking young players who are big club rejects. I'm not on about players like Drinkwater who were never give a chance and still have it all to prove but players who are at big clubs and in and around the first team.

Maybe Iheanacho has failed here because he felt Leicester were a bit beneath him after being in and around Man City's first team squad and got a lot of game time mainly from the bench. Malcolm could be the same if he came here and be a bit mardy as last year he was a £40m signing for Barcelona and probably thought he was going to be playing alongside Messi and Suarez and winning the top trophies. A year later he finds himself in Leicester in a side hoping to qualify for the Europa League. 

My thoughts exactly. Why I was wary of the links to Ben Arfa under Claude.

Getting an unproven or unknown player like Maddison, Mahrez or Kante would be ideal.

Guest SO1

Cengiz Under or Jarrod Bowen. That's the type of attacker we should be after. Direct and to the point. No BS.

So tired of watching the newest show ponies paraded around as the next Ronaldo. Dancing around by the corner flag to the newest mechanical voice

All glitter and little end product getting chewed up and spit out in the Premier league where there's no space to play. Only speed and reaction beats that.

No show ponies:please:

2 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Our Starting XI / Best XI (providing we sign Tielemans) picks itself apart from the Wingers. 

We have to strengthen out wide this summer, as last season Gray, Albrighton, Barnes & Ghezzal contributed 8 league goals & 5 assists between them! 

People are obsessed with strenghening the wingers etc.

We need a clinical striker if vardy gets injured we may have to resort to maguire playing upfront!

Edited by Fox85

Just now, Fox85 said:

We need a clinical striker if cardh gets injured we may have to resort to maguire playing upfront!

To sit on the bench?

Whereas a winger should go straight in to the first eleven, ergo a winger is more important.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

We need a clinical striker if vardy gets injured we may have to resort to maguire playing upfront!

Tanner said it's likely we'll look for a wide man who can also come inside if needed and that Rodgers wants to give Iheanacho the chance to be understudy to Vardy... although that might change depending on his attitude pre season. 

For me a young player like Adams would have been fine to get in as a striker, time on his side and probably willing to play second fiddle for a while having made the step up. But if funds aren't unlimited, then I think a top class winger is ahead of a backup striker. (there are some free options available if we really want one). 

Edited by Babylon

2 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

To sit on the bench?

Whereas a winger should go straight in to the first eleven, ergo a winger is more important.

Yes, a winger is more important.  But even setting that aside, what proven, clinical striker is going to go to a mid-table club to warm the bench?  People are asking the impossible. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Tanner said it's likely we'll look for a wide man who can also come inside if needed and that Rodgers wants to give Iheanacho the chance to be understudy to Vardy... although that might change depending on his attitude pre season. 

For me a young player like Adams would have been fine to get in as a striker, time on his side and probably willing to play second fiddle for a while having made the step up. But if funds aren't unlimited, then I think a top class winger is ahead of a backup striker. (there are some free options available if we really want one). 

Ok i stand corrected then haha.

Have we actually had any solid links with said top class wingers?

12 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Wrong.

If Vardy gets a long term injury the striker we bring in to replace him will be a level below no matter who we sign. The stat @Ross 'LCFC' Turner just provided that our wingers between them scored 8 and assisted 5 between them last season is woefully inadequate for a team that may start the the season as outside hope of being CL qualifiers.

The upside in the stat of our wingers being so poor in goals and assists last season is if we can get one or possibly two in of sufficient quality it really could be worth maybe another 15-20 pts next season. 

Edited by Gerard

4 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Ok i stand corrected then haha.

Have we actually had any solid links with said top class wingers?

No.... I'm just praying that Rudkin has gone to ground like a stealthy transfer dealing Ninja and one will just appear with no notice!

• Haha 1

Just now, Babylon said:

No.... I'm just praying that Rudkin has gone to ground like a stealthy transfer dealing Ninja and one will just appear with no notice!

Ahhh right.

I wouldnt mind that young kid Zivkovic? Might be spelt wrong RW from benfica think hes 23ish but might be unrealistic 

4 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

1) Topic is hot 

2) Pop into thread in anticipation/excitement

3) Nothing going on. Still none the wiser

4) Leave thread 

5) Note to self - try and avoid transfer forum 

Moans about people posting in the transfer forum without any new info by posting in the transfer forum without any new info.

Not too much of a dig by the way I've done it before!

Edited by The whole world smiles

55 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

What bait you using mate? Boilies or grub worms?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Arsenal in talks with Brahimi on a free allegedly. Experienced, good goal scoring record. I’d be Surprised if we haven’t at least considered it. I think he’d be great personally, and we’d still have the money to bring in another winger/forward

On the decline, not what we need IMO

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

On the decline, not what we need IMO

Or coming to his prime. Best scoring season of his career last year to be fair. Arsenal can’t sign defenders for toffee but they know a good forward player. Less of a gamble without a transfer fee