Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

2 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

To sit on the bench?

Whereas a winger should go straight in to the first eleven, ergo a winger is more important.

We've got 4 wingers, don't even have to play a formation with wingers (particularly as we don't have a traditional target man for crosses as Vardy thrives more off clever midfielder through balls). Wingers are rarely prolific goalscorers with the odd exception.  If Vardy injured, no striker, not as many goals and season knackered. Even if not injured for a whole season he can't perform at his best for all league and two cup competition games realistically. Has Vardy's groin healed fully? Pleasant comments by Rodgers regarding Nacho is the norm as he's a 25m player who he's stuck with and you wouldn't want to put a potential suitor off besides, have you heard Rodgers say anything about any of our squad that isn't sickly and nice? He doesn't do it, he's a full of the blarney motivator.  

Whilst in an ideal world it would I agree be nice to get a real top class winger I don't forsee the money being spent. I think Rodgers will play without wingers more this year, utilise Ricardo and Chilwell more with Maddison, Tielemans and possibly even Barnes after a good preseason adding more to their personal goals tally this year.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Or coming to his prime. Best scoring season of his career last year to be fair. Arsenal can’t sign defenders for toffee but they know a good forward player. Less of a gamble without a transfer fee

I read an article on him last year in regards to how his game had declined but statistically you're right so maybe it was a load of pony haha

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I read an article on him last year in regards to how his game had declined but statistically you're right so maybe it was a load of pony haha

Every signing has an element of risk I guess, look how excited we all were when we signed Nacho! (Still think he’s got a chance to turn it round but needs to work his bollocks off pre season and find some confidence from somewhere!)

• Like 1

Ismaila Sarr for me.

Very quick. Scores. Provides. 21 which is a good age to buy. On an upwards trajectory and rated highly by pretty much all who've watched him. He might not be 30mil either.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

We've got 4 wingers, don't even have to play a formation with wingers (particularly as we don't have a traditional target man for crosses as Vardy thrives more off clever midfielder through balls). Wingers are rarely prolific goalscorers with the odd exception.  If Vardy injured, no striker, not as many goals and season knackered. Even if not injured for a whole season he can't perform at his best for all league and two cup competition games realistically. Has Vardy's groin healed fully? Pleasant comments by Rodgers regarding Nacho is the norm as he's a 25m player who he's stuck with and you wouldn't want to put a potential suitor off besides, have you heard Rodgers say anything about any of our squad that isn't sickly and nice? He doesn't do it, he's a full of the blarney motivator.  

Whilst in an ideal world it would I agree be nice to get a real top class winger I don't forsee the money being spent. I think Rodgers will play without wingers more this year, utilise Ricardo and Chilwell more with Maddison, Tielemans and possibly even Barnes after a good preseason adding more to their personal goals tally this year.

When people use the term "wingers" nowadays they don't mean the traditional hugging the touchline and putting in pinpoint crosses. It's a term that probably means closer to an inside forward. 

What we want is for our "wingers" to play on the 18 yard box line and the full backs running past them on the touchline to give width but they also are expected to be a front three with Vardy when the situation demands it. We need them more to be like Salah, Sterling, Mane, Mahrez, etc, 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Ismaila Sarr for me.

Very quick. Scores. Provides. 21 which is a good age to buy. On an upwards trajectory and rated highly by pretty much all who've watched him. He might not be 30mil either.

Seems to be the one I keep coming back to, domestically i'd take a punt on Bowen but I think there's better available if money isn't as bigger issue as I thought it would be.

Just now, Gerard said:

When people use the term "wingers" nowadays they don't mean the traditional hugging the touchline and putting in pinpoint crosses. It's a term that probably means closer to an inside forward. 

What we want is for our "wingers" to play on the 18 yard box line and the full backs running past them on the touchline to give width but they also are expected to be a front three with Vardy when the situation demands it. We need them more to be like Salah, Sterling, Mane, Mahrez, etc, 

Sort of.  Bit of a cop out statement above though, as the statement describes Albrighton, so we more than most should make the distinction- but agree we need an inside forward, like Barnes, but on the right (and probably further developed). Three extremely mobile forward charging players behind Vardy is positively erotic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fox85 said:

People are obsessed with strenghening the wingers etc.

We need a clinical striker if vardy gets injured we may have to resort to maguire playing upfront!

improving our starting 11 is the priority.

but a back up to Vardy would also be wise.

• Like 1

I would worry about signing a player from Bournemouth, Eddie Howe seems to get the best out of his players and I’d be worried they’d look a different player for us. If we traded cash and Demari for Fraser You just know Dimi would finally reach his potential

Edited by Lambert09

19 hours ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

I’d rather splash on Giorgi Chakvetadze, kid is awesome! 

...just watched the obligatory you tube, looks good, ball seems to be too far away from him, like he is chasing it all the time. Never heard of him,really cant get excited about this one.

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

I would worry about signing a player from Bournemouth, Eddie Howe seems to get the best out of his players and I’d be worried they’d look a different player for us. If we traded cash and Demari for Fraser You just know Dimi would finally reach his potential

I think people would think he has because he looks alright on highlights - but we wouldn't be watching Bournemouth week in week out and the likelihood is he'd probably be reproducing his form here, but the glimpses are enough to fool you he's doing well.

That's why he's rated higher by outsiders than our own fans.

I'm not worried personally. He's had long enough now and he's never really done it. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Seems to be the one I keep coming back to, domestically i'd take a punt on Bowen but I think there's better available if money isn't as bigger issue as I thought it would be.

...just watched Neres 2019 skills, can play LW,RW but for me much better in a more central role. Loves beating a man, good end product, if the money is there we really need to bring him in this season.

Chukwueze also great, well balance exciting player, final ball not always good does not seem to find the killer pass when needed.

Jean Kevin Augustin- Would be fantastic for us, but with playing with one up front would he be happy on the bench. Perhaps giving Vardy 70 mins and bringing him on might resolve the situation, saves Vardys' legs. As a Vardy replacement,definitely a no brainer, can't see why we should be looking elsewhere.

• Like 1

Doubtless we need to strengthen the flank since the departure of Riyad, particularly since Gray is failing to show the expected promise and Ghezzal is floundering at this level. I'm more concerned about securing Tielemans - (the creativity that we desperately needed in MF) and a proven back up for JV - plus new upcoming talent up front. 

9 hours ago, Gerard said:

I'm always a bit wary of taking young players who are big club rejects. I'm not on about players like Drinkwater who were never give a chance and still have it all to prove but players who are at big clubs and in and around the first team.

Maybe Iheanacho has failed here because he felt Leicester were a bit beneath him after being in and around Man City's first team squad and got a lot of game time mainly from the bench. Malcolm could be the same if he came here and be a bit mardy as last year he was a £40m signing for Barcelona and probably thought he was going to be playing alongside Messi and Suarez and winning the top trophies. A year later he finds himself in Leicester in a side hoping to qualify for the Europa League. 

Tielemans?

7 hours ago, Fox85 said:

People are obsessed with strenghening the wingers etc.

We need a clinical striker if vardy gets injured we may have to resort to maguire playing upfront!

We need good wingers full stop. We need a clinical striker IF...

why dont people get this?

A handful of games without vardy or 40 games minimum with gray/ghezzal at best.

• Like 4