Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

That’s a refreshingly honest interview, fair play. 

For some reason I never really took to Liam whilst he was here on or off the pitch. Don’t know why. Just never fancied him, maybe because I found him a touch short for my ideal centre half. Glad to see he’s doing well now.

Watched the film Hannibal again last night. Forgot that Julian Joachim had a little cameo in this film (seen on a TV in the background) whilst playing for Aston Villa.

Wife wasn't that impressed when I pointed it out to her mind you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 14/05/2020 at 13:10, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Josh Low is now a solicitor, apparently.

He is. Fell out of love with the game for a little bit and retired after a few injuries at non-league level (Bath City.) 

Was always planning to be a solicitor and started training whilst he was at Cheltenham town a few years before he retired. His son Joseph is a highly rated centre back at Bristol City, think he’s 18/19 years old. 

9 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

He is. Fell out of love with the game for a little bit and retired after a few injuries at non-league level (Bath City.) 

Was always planning to be a solicitor and started training whilst he was at Cheltenham town a few years before he retired. His son Joseph is a highly rated centre back at Bristol City, think he’s 18/19 years old. 

His daughter J is not a bad singer

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Webbo said:

That's a sad story, if true, as he made a good contribution here over several years.

Obviously, he might be talking up Forest's culpability so as to maximise any settlement. But his gripe seems to date from a couple of years back when Forest were a right mess, so might not be exaggerating.

Hope he finds a good future for himself, anyway.

Edit: Wikipedia reckons he's now U15s coach back at Walsall.

Edited by Alf Bentley

• 2 weeks later...

This has probably been posted somewhere else that I haven't seen, if so sorry. Interview extract with Pontus Kamark:

Kamark said: “It was two things. First, my contract ended and I promised my daughter I’d only sign one contract because she was still in Sweden but I got an opportunity to continue, but – if I’m going to be honest with you here, 100%, I’ve never said this because I wanted to speak to another person about it first – when I got on the bench against Tottenham in the [1999 League Cup] final, when we played [Robbie Savage] and [Rob] Ullathorne, who was left-footed, on the right side against [David] Ginola and not me, that made it for me. 

“I was so disappointed not to play that day. It was either me or Frank Sinclair, but he was out the night before, so he was suspended [by] the gaffer, so I assumed [I would play]. Obviously it was my side and I had played one-against-one, etc, etc – that was my skill of the game.

I'd love to hear what MoN has to say about this. Pontus was an outstanding player and it always miffed me that he didn't get to play in that game and that he wasn't used a lot more. He was one of the greatest man to man markers we ever had. The game today is made for a player like him but they really don't exist.

Still annoys me how we gave up on him so quickly, all that palaver it took to get the work permit and he often showed promise, at least compared to Musa and Iheanacho who got many more chances with us despite little end product. He'd fit in the way we play now.

• Like 1