Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

2 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Jesus, I don’t want a whole season of Cengiz Under’s name popping up every time he does something remotely ok. 

He’s an incredibly inconsistent, average footballer. Perfect for Ligue 1. 

Thank F we didn’t sign him permanently or we’d be lumbered with another Ghezzal/Silva/Slimani etc.

Didn’t last the game ……perhaps that’s relevant….

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

Probably better to stay away from the  “ ex players- they used to play for us” thread then?

Don’t need updates on every single thing do we.
For example, there aren’t any comments in here saying ‘Waghorn came on in the 17th minute for Cov on Saturday’ or ‘Wayne Browns Colchester lost at home to Northampton yesterday’ :thumbup:

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Cengiz Ünder has just been for his post-match dump. Stay tuned for more updates on the life and times of Cengiz Ünder.

Please, tell me more! Can’t wait for further updates all season long. 

It’ll be end of May and we’re in a battle for Europe and this thread will be top of the forum with people more concerned about Under getting his 3rd assist of the season lol

• Haha 2

On 15/08/2021 at 02:58, BlackFox said:

Some of you are overreacting, I think. These stats here looks about right.

IMG_20210814_195504.jpg

1 hour ago, HeskeyMuzzy said:

Really think Brendan didnt use him well. Just look at highlights of 1st Marseille league game. It was all Under and now scored 2nd goal in his 2nd league game.

It was a financial decision for let Under go.

Also I believed Vardy's drought for second half of  the season took place after BR benched Under for around same time period as well.

BR simply made an executive decision to stick with the inconsistent Madders and good for nothing Perez and I still believe that cost us the CL last season.

I've had a chill seeing Perez started ahead of Daka against the Wolves. Worrying time ahead

Edited by kiwiturk
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Don’t need updates on every single thing do we.
For example, there aren’t any comments in here saying ‘Waghorn came on in the 17th minute for Cov on Saturday’ or ‘Wayne Browns Colchester lost at home to Northampton yesterday’ :thumbup:

If waghorn not being mentioned is an issue to you then you are allowed to contribute too.

I mean, think about what you are saying lol

thats like going onto a thread about religion and complaining that they are talking about religion 

7 minutes ago, MPH said:

If waghorn not being mentioned is an issue to you then you are allowed to contribute too.

I mean, think about what you are saying lol

thats like going onto a thread about religion and complaining that they are talking about religion 

I want to come in here and see wholesome shit, like Andy King scoring his first goal for Bristol city, not some overpaid chubby reject playing for an irrelevant french club :whistle:

FFS just gone on right winger transfer talk thread and his name mentioned in there too. Move on gents 

Edited by TJB-fox

10 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I want to come in here and see wholesome shit, like Andy King scoring his first goal for Bristol city, not some overpaid chubby reject playing for an irrelevant french club :whistle:

FFS just gone on right winger transfer talk thread and his name mentioned in there too. Move on gents 

whatever you do, don’t go on the “ professional sportsmen  who’s face looks like a nan bread” thread.. :whistle:

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Just watch the Marseille's games. He create wonders there

Good for him.

He’s a footballer, he’s going to do some good every now and again. He wasn’t trusted by our manager to play at the level required for a top 5 PL team. I trust Rodgers’ decision on this one.

• Like 1

Posted at 21:4221:42

GOAL: Reading 2-3 Bristol City

Liam Moore (81 mins)

Still the chance of a comeback for Reading, too.

Royals skipper Liam Moore drags his side back into the match, beating two Robins defenders before driving a low shot into the bottom right-hand corner from the edge of the area.

Sounds like Moore just scored against his old manager and some of our other ex players.  

FWIW, saw Alex Bruce tonight as a second half sub for Macclesfield against Prestwich in what I think is tier 8 of the pyramid.

I didn’t recognise him at first but pointed out to my pal that ‘number 16 is carrying a bit’. He lasted a mere 7/8 mins in midfield before leaving the game, and his team down to ten men, with what looked like a pulled muscle.

Robbie Savage was an enthusiastic assistant to Macclesfield’s manager from the bench.

Edited by Steve Earle
  • Like 1

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/demarai-gray-everton-leicester-5804060

Demarai Gray admits to 'wrong decisions' at Leicester City as he lost his love for football
The Everton winger has opened up on his final six months at City, his spell in the Bundesliga with Bayer Leverkusen and seeking out negative comments on social media

ByJordan Blackwell
16:08, 18 AUG 2021

Demarai Gray has admitted to falling out of love with football during the final six months of his Leicester City career, causing him to make “wrong decisions”.

The winger ended a five-year spell with City in January this year, spending half a season with Bayer Leverkusen before returning to the Premier League with Everton this summer.

Gray had ended the 2019-20 season in decent form, scoring in a win over Sheffield United and setting up goals in draws with Watford and Arsenal once football went behind closed doors, but returned from the summer break out of favour and could not play his way even onto the bench.

He played just 18 minutes of Premier League football with City before moving to the Bundesliga, in what was a tough period in his career.

While not wishing to expand, he said that during that time he made some poor choices.

“It was very hard,” he said in Everton’s matchday programme. “Any time you go on the pitch and touch the ball, it is the way to keep going, because of your natural love of the game. But it got to the point where I lost the love for it.

“It is a team game and I never want to cause any problems. My attitude is good. But if you are not being rewarded for training well, you ask yourself: 'What's the point?’

“You have to find it in yourself to stay strong. If you go in and sulk it is a wasted day. But it is how you are feeling and coping at home. At the start, I didn't cope well.

“I probably made the wrong decisions… but I don't regret it, it is part of learning.

“If I am in that situation again, I have to focus on getting back in the team, not waste time making the wrong decisions.”

Gray’s time in Germany started well, with a goal and two assists in his first three games, appearing to justify his decision to move to the Bundesliga rather than to an unnamed Premier League suitor.

But off the field, his initial struggles helped him realise that he thrives in an environment he knows.

"It (moving to Germany) was difficult at the beginning,” he said. “You feel sorry for yourself, at times, and the Covid situation made it tougher.

"But I took myself out of my comfort zone and had to mature. My girlfriend came out after a while and I began adapting to the culture and German life.

"I learned a lot from it. I recognised I am a home person and need my family around me. In Birmingham, I had my mum and nan and uncle 15 minutes away, so I could relax. Out there, you go to work, get back, eat, sleep and repeat.

"It toughened up my thought processes and turned me into more of a man, I think. And the way things have worked out is perfect.

“If I chose the other option it wouldn't have been possible to make it happen when Everton wanted me. Growing up, if someone mentioned Everton I'd think: 'Yeah, big club, good club, when Goodison is bouncing it is really bouncing.'

"Coming here was an easy decision."

Hoping to reignite his career at Goodison Park and fulfil the potential shown in his early days at Birmingham, Gray says he has learned to ignore the online scrutiny that comes his way.

He said he would purposely seek out negative comments during his time at City.

“Every young player will enjoy the hype, you start to recognise your potential and how people see you,” he said.

“But the minute there is a dip, the player starts questioning themselves. I was thinking: 'Am I this? Am I that? Am I disappointing people?'

“As you mature, you understand it doesn't matter. You have to enjoy the game to get the best out of yourself. I used to look for the praise and the negative comments. I would let the negative things affect me.

"But it is a waste of mental energy, isn't it? I want to do what my manager and team need from me. Then, ultimately, I'm doing this for myself and my family.

“Sometimes, I think about how I'd feel if I don't achieve what I know I can. That scares me, because I know when I finish my career, I wouldn't be satisfied. I put pressure on myself because I know my capabilities. But you have to simplify football, not complicate it. I have the approach of just going out and playing.

“It is what I have done since I was four. What is different 20 years later? I am in the best league in the world and am pretty sure that is a compliment to my talent.”

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/demarai-gray-everton-leicester-5804060

Demarai Gray admits to 'wrong decisions' at Leicester City as he lost his love for football
The Everton winger has opened up on his final six months at City, his spell in the Bundesliga with Bayer Leverkusen and seeking out negative comments on social media

ByJordan Blackwell
16:08, 18 AUG 2021

Demarai Gray has admitted to falling out of love with football during the final six months of his Leicester City career, causing him to make “wrong decisions”.

The winger ended a five-year spell with City in January this year, spending half a season with Bayer Leverkusen before returning to the Premier League with Everton this summer.

Gray had ended the 2019-20 season in decent form, scoring in a win over Sheffield United and setting up goals in draws with Watford and Arsenal once football went behind closed doors, but returned from the summer break out of favour and could not play his way even onto the bench.

He played just 18 minutes of Premier League football with City before moving to the Bundesliga, in what was a tough period in his career.

While not wishing to expand, he said that during that time he made some poor choices.

“It was very hard,” he said in Everton’s matchday programme. “Any time you go on the pitch and touch the ball, it is the way to keep going, because of your natural love of the game. But it got to the point where I lost the love for it.

“It is a team game and I never want to cause any problems. My attitude is good. But if you are not being rewarded for training well, you ask yourself: 'What's the point?’

“You have to find it in yourself to stay strong. If you go in and sulk it is a wasted day. But it is how you are feeling and coping at home. At the start, I didn't cope well.

“I probably made the wrong decisions… but I don't regret it, it is part of learning.

“If I am in that situation again, I have to focus on getting back in the team, not waste time making the wrong decisions.”

Gray’s time in Germany started well, with a goal and two assists in his first three games, appearing to justify his decision to move to the Bundesliga rather than to an unnamed Premier League suitor.

But off the field, his initial struggles helped him realise that he thrives in an environment he knows.

"It (moving to Germany) was difficult at the beginning,” he said. “You feel sorry for yourself, at times, and the Covid situation made it tougher.

"But I took myself out of my comfort zone and had to mature. My girlfriend came out after a while and I began adapting to the culture and German life.

"I learned a lot from it. I recognised I am a home person and need my family around me. In Birmingham, I had my mum and nan and uncle 15 minutes away, so I could relax. Out there, you go to work, get back, eat, sleep and repeat.

"It toughened up my thought processes and turned me into more of a man, I think. And the way things have worked out is perfect.

“If I chose the other option it wouldn't have been possible to make it happen when Everton wanted me. Growing up, if someone mentioned Everton I'd think: 'Yeah, big club, good club, when Goodison is bouncing it is really bouncing.'

"Coming here was an easy decision."

Hoping to reignite his career at Goodison Park and fulfil the potential shown in his early days at Birmingham, Gray says he has learned to ignore the online scrutiny that comes his way.

He said he would purposely seek out negative comments during his time at City.

“Every young player will enjoy the hype, you start to recognise your potential and how people see you,” he said.

“But the minute there is a dip, the player starts questioning themselves. I was thinking: 'Am I this? Am I that? Am I disappointing people?'

“As you mature, you understand it doesn't matter. You have to enjoy the game to get the best out of yourself. I used to look for the praise and the negative comments. I would let the negative things affect me.

"But it is a waste of mental energy, isn't it? I want to do what my manager and team need from me. Then, ultimately, I'm doing this for myself and my family.

“Sometimes, I think about how I'd feel if I don't achieve what I know I can. That scares me, because I know when I finish my career, I wouldn't be satisfied. I put pressure on myself because I know my capabilities. But you have to simplify football, not complicate it. I have the approach of just going out and playing.

“It is what I have done since I was four. What is different 20 years later? I am in the best league in the world and am pretty sure that is a compliment to my talent.”

I know there is a lot of pressure etc with young players, but my god he sounds like hard work. And frankly he’s hugely overrated and didn’t develop at all really. You compare him to someone like Barnes… 

His signing at Everton struck me as part of a budget transfer window to sign bargain basement players. I hope it works out for him, but I’m not holding my breath.

1 minute ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I know there is a lot of pressure etc with young players, but my god he sounds like hard work. And frankly he’s hugely overrated and didn’t develop at all really. You compare him to someone like Barnes… 

His signing at Everton struck me as part of a budget transfer window to sign bargain basement players. I hope it works out for him, but I’m not holding my breath.

Plenty on here saying 'he doesn't sulk he's misunderstood' eating humble pie. 

He's not very good and he thinks he's very good. That's the point here. 4 managers didn't fancy him and Leverkeusen hardly worshiped him. Same at Everton to follow. 

• Like 2