Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

9 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Re writing history a bit there. He was absolutely exceptional in 15/16 and the season after before his injury Kante or no kante. Never managed to get anywhere near it whether it's injuries or mentality or a bit of both. But will always have a soft spot for him and hope he has plenty of sucesss and enjoys his football in has past few years. 

I just wish him all the best. He is due some luck, particularly coming towards the end of his career, with maybe a couple of good years left.

He gave us some amazing memories and I’ll never forget the part in played in Vardy’s goal at Sevilla. 

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

Re writing history a bit there. He was absolutely exceptional in 15/16 and the season after before his injury Kante or no kante. Never managed to get anywhere near it whether it's injuries or mentality or a bit of both. But will always have a soft spot for him and hope he has plenty of sucesss and enjoys his football in has past few years. 

Im the exact opposite tbh. Always wish ex players well and would never boo one that returns to play against us but theres something about Drinkwater that i just cannot stand. Just find him an arrogant thug whos antics off the pitch over the last few years just show what sort of bloke he is

28 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I was hoping he’d turn up at Bristol City!

The man already had a mountain of deadwood to move out of that squad.  :nigel:

If he thought DD would contribute what Kingy and James have -- in terms of being examples as pros, and productive on the pitch -- surely it would have happened.

Tuchel on Chilwell. "The little teams" arrogant tw@t.

Tuchel:

"For Ben Chilwell, it's very easy, he came back with the latest group [after the Euros and holiday].

"When he arrived Marcos Alonso had five weeks in his legs from pre-season. He played the first competitive matches after a fantastic pre-season. He was simply way more ready physically which was natural because of the training session and his fantastic games.

"He played the Super Cup final and three Premier League games. Also, we only have three substitutions allowed and this is a huge problem.

"Chilly needed his time in training to adapt to the intensity. He is ready now but now wasn't the time to push him into the cold water. 

"It is a bit sad because you have more tactical opportunities if you have five changes. I don't understand the arguments of the little teams that they have a disadvantage in this case. I was also a coach of a little team and I would have loved to have five players available.

"I would have made them run 16 kilometres against the top teams. I think it is a huge disadvantage in general in Europe but why do I complain?"

4 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Tuchel on Chilwell. "The little teams" arrogant tw@t.

Tuchel:

"For Ben Chilwell, it's very easy, he came back with the latest group [after the Euros and holiday].

"When he arrived Marcos Alonso had five weeks in his legs from pre-season. He played the first competitive matches after a fantastic pre-season. He was simply way more ready physically which was natural because of the training session and his fantastic games.

"He played the Super Cup final and three Premier League games. Also, we only have three substitutions allowed and this is a huge problem.

"Chilly needed his time in training to adapt to the intensity. He is ready now but now wasn't the time to push him into the cold water. 

"It is a bit sad because you have more tactical opportunities if you have five changes. I don't understand the arguments of the little teams that they have a disadvantage in this case. I was also a coach of a little team and I would have loved to have five players available.

"I would have made them run 16 kilometres against the top teams. I think it is a huge disadvantage in general in Europe but why do I complain?"

Can't stand Tuchel, total nobhead.

13 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

About his level tbf. Made to look good by Kante for one season then has flopped ever since

Bit unfair.

He was one of our better players in Ranieri's second season car crash and the standout midfielder in a side that walked the Championship.

Does make me sad that neither Drinkwater and James have reached their full potential tbh

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, enmac said:

Wonder why Nigel didn't go for him at Bristol City? 

I think he was well aware of Drinkwaters' personal problems, he certainly mentioned how he had to provide support for him so maybe didn't want to take that on.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, davieG said:

I think he was well aware of Drinkwaters' personal problems, he certainly mentioned how he had to provide support for him so maybe didn't want to take that on.

Yes, I remember one post-match interview where NP remarked that Drinkwater has a complex personality that is complicated to manage. So I think you are bang on the money that NP didn't want to have to deal with that again.

The only person that thought the Drinkwater to Chelsea deal was a good one was Drinkwater and possibly his agent.

It was so incredibly obvious it wouldn’t work out for him at Chelsea. So out of his depth it’s untrue after one exceptional season. They might as well have resigned Steve Sidwell or a midfielder who’d done well in the Championship the year before. Apart from Mahrez, almost everyone else in that side benefited disproportionately from the collective and the system. And Drinkwater arguably benefited the most by playing next to Kante. 

How and why Chelsea paid £35m (?) for him is a modern footballing mystery. From a footballing perspective literally no one benefited. However, an exceptional example of a club selling an asset at absolute peak value (and the rest).

2 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

The only person that thought the Drinkwater to Chelsea deal was a good one was Drinkwater and possibly his agent.

It was so incredibly obvious it wouldn’t work out for him at Chelsea. So out of his depth it’s untrue after one exceptional season. They might as well have resigned Steve Sidwell or a midfielder who’d done well in the Championship the year before. Apart from Mahrez, almost everyone else in that side benefited disproportionately from the collective and the system. And Drinkwater arguably benefited the most by playing next to Kante. 

How and why Chelsea paid £35m (?) for him is a modern footballing mystery. From a footballing perspective literally no one benefited. However, an exceptional example of a club selling an asset at absolute peak value (and the rest).

On the one hand, I don't blame Drinkwater in backing himself to move from a provincial club and make it at a money-6 club, like Scott Parker and Steve Sidwell both did before him. And to be fair, he played well in his first season for Antonio Conte (when he got a game). And I think you perhaps do a slight disservice to the performances he put in for us.

On the other hand though, Chelsea change managers more than I change my pants so it was seemingly inevitable he'd be cast aside at some juncture.

Hull City defender Callum Elder discusses his start to the season and a first call-up to the Australia squad.

Watch below (and for more videos click here):

Former Leicester City defender Elder has won a first call-up to the senior Australia squad for this coming week's World Cup qualifiers.

Here, Elder discusses his journey from Leicester's academy to establishing himself with Hull and the emotions of earning a first call to the senior Australia squad from coach Graham Arnold.

https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/watch-from-leicester-to-hull-elder-reflects-on-journey-to-first-australia-call-4384330