Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

41 minutes ago, moseeds said:

Really happy to see Demarai Gray doing well. Remember when he came on as a new signing/kid in his first season at Chelsea away. Always great to see young players going on to fulfil their potential so obviously city fans were somewhat disappointed that hadn't happened with Demarai. Just shows how being a top level footballer is more about mental stability moreso than just pure talent. Hope he's in a happier place both mentally and physically.

Whilst I feel no ill will towards him it won't last. 

He's very nearly good enough but not quite. 

17 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I think the thing with Gray is there might be a change in his mentally this season.

I think most Leicester fans would agree there's a very good player in there, he had most of the attributes. Pace, skillful, good finishing, good movement etc, the issue seemed to be consistency and attitude. He could never put a run of good games together. One week he's unstoppable, putting a defence shift in too, next week you'd barely notice he was playing. But he seemed to blame everyone else whilst he was here, it wasn't his fault he couldn't hold down a first team spot, despite numerous managers agreeing that he wasn't good enough. 

So he goes to Germany, a change of scenery, a fresh start. No more mean Leicester holding him back. But he barely plays and despite selling Bailey in the same window, they were very happy to let him go after just 6 months. 

So imo it goes one of two ways with Gray this year. He either carries on with the same attitude he always has and eventually get dropped at Everton and slip away into obscurity like he did here, or he'll realise that what happened at Leicester and Leverkusen was solely down to him and his attitude and he'll get his head down at Everton and become a effective player who starts most weeks. He's 25 now, so maybe he's grown up a little too.

It'll be interesting to see how he does, but if he does play well at Everton I don't think we need to be upset we didn't get that Demarai Gray. Numerous managers tried to get that version of Demarai Gray out of him, nobody held him back other than Demarai Gray himself. And the only reason that version of him might finally appear this season won't be down to the brilliance of Benitez, it'll be down to Gray.

There aren’t that many shades of Gray my friend!

On 22/08/2021 at 05:19, Facecloth said:

I think the thing with Gray is there might be a change in his mentally this season.

I think most Leicester fans would agree there's a very good player in there, he had most of the attributes. Pace, skillful, good finishing, good movement etc, the issue seemed to be consistency and attitude. He could never put a run of good games together. One week he's unstoppable, putting a defence shift in too, next week you'd barely notice he was playing. But he seemed to blame everyone else whilst he was here, it wasn't his fault he couldn't hold down a first team spot, despite numerous managers agreeing that he wasn't good enough. 

So he goes to Germany, a change of scenery, a fresh start. No more mean Leicester holding him back. But he barely plays and despite selling Bailey in the same window, they were very happy to let him go after just 6 months. 

So imo it goes one of two ways with Gray this year. He either carries on with the same attitude he always has and eventually get dropped at Everton and slip away into obscurity like he did here, or he'll realise that what happened at Leicester and Leverkusen was solely down to him and his attitude and he'll get his head down at Everton and become a effective player who starts most weeks. He's 25 now, so maybe he's grown up a little too.

It'll be interesting to see how he does, but if he does play well at Everton I don't think we need to be upset we didn't get that Demarai Gray. Numerous managers tried to get that version of Demarai Gray out of him, nobody held him back other than Demarai Gray himself. And the only reason that version of him might finally appear this season won't be down to the brilliance of Benitez, it'll be down to Gray.

He's made Garth Crooks' team of the week. He's "electric" and "a real talent", according to Toad of Toad Hall...

• Haha 1

Was at Boundary Park this weekend to take in the delights of Oldham v Colchester.

34 year old Leicester legends Alan Sheehan and Nicky Adams starred for the Latics. I was surprised to see Sheehan play in the middle of a back three, and despite pinging a few nice balls, he also played like he was surprised to be there. Picked up a booking for diving in the Colchester box in the second half too.

Perhaps unsurprisingly to Leicester fans, Adams was hooked at half time when they were 2-0 down after offering little to nothing.

Limp scenes from Oldham fans at full time as a trickle invaded the pitch to protest the owners - looks like they'll have a job to stay in the football league this year after only dropping down from League 1 the previous season.

Made me chuckle to think how far we've come as a club in the past decade seeing those two tart about at the bottom of the football league.

3 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

He's made Garth Crooks' team of the week. He's "electric" and "a real talent", according to Toad of Toad Hall...

We couldn't wring it out of him.  I am fascinated to see how rafa does.  I have no I'll will... if he turns a corner that will be a real learning point.  Alternative, he might start great and the go down hill from there.

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Stearman played for Derby against his old team Sheffield United last night at the lane.

Whenever I see he's still playing I think "fvcking hell, he's been about for ages. Must be getting on" despite knowing full well he was in my class at school and we're the same age. It's weird. I still always think footballers should be older than I am. 

• Haha 1

On 22/08/2021 at 05:19, Facecloth said:

I agree with you and hope that Gray really gets his sh!t together. I have a feeling that Benitez might be the manager/coach he needs.

6 minutes ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

Gray really shutting a lot of folks in LE postcodes up ! 

lots of us liked this lad and respect that he has worked hard to get back to premier league, I wish him nothing but luck 

Chuffed for him...

But, frankly, parting ways was the BEST for all parties concerned - our team, himself and exasperated fans!

1 hour ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

Gray really shutting a lot of folks in LE postcodes up ! 

lots of us liked this lad and respect that he has worked hard to get back to premier league, I wish him nothing but luck 

Is that three good performances on the trot?    Not something he was noted for here ……

• Like 1

Shackles are off

freedom

gray was an ok player but I think he thought he was Messi or some sheet.

the cryptic tweets and instas

the Range Rover instas

Bizarre character. All the best at Everton. 100% scores against us home and away. Cups his ears