Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxexile16

Matty James

1 minute ago, Monsell1976 said:

Is he out of contract in the summer, I’d give him a contract extension, where did his time go with us, what’s it been 7 years 🤔

Contract's not up this year.

Think it's next year. I'd let it run also without offering a new one. Good footballer but not reliable in terms of fitness and injuries. 

• Like 2

He’s out of shape 

it’s tough to regain fitness, especially as the years roll by

he doesn’t have the advantage that vards has re natural low body fat percentage 

I predict he won’t regain his shape in our colours .......I think last night was Brendan doing what he did bringing on Simmo and shinji last May v Chelsea ..... and we may get a small fee for him on the summer ... doubtful given his salary though ....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, somebum said:

Must have a good agent! Championship player at best, but ticks the box for the home grown player box. 

Strange then that the inexperienced Rodgers seems to disagree by having him in the squad, on the bench and then on the pitch. Baffling? 

I personally think that Rodgers is right and that James still has something to offer in the Premiership. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Absolutely brilliant to see him come on yesterday. Looks to have shed a few pounds and covered ground decently. Hope he gets a few more games and we can see what he's capable of.

Way off the pace and hardly had a touch. 
Reckon even i could have shed a few pounds after spending 7 years in the gym on 30k a week 

Time for him to go 👋🏻

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

Is he out of contract in the summer, I’d give him a contract extension, where did his time go with us, what’s it been 7 years 🤔

We need to be careful offering him another contract. He got 4 years just for making one first team appearance then got injured for the whole time. That wage could have been used on a player we could actually use and allocate a squad place.

We can't be too sentimental.

1 hour ago, somebum said:

Baffling To you only so it seems

You missed the sarcasm. It's not really baffling is it. You believe him to be a championship player only yet, our professional coach differs. I was suggesting that perhaps with all his knowledge as a professional coach and the fact that he's seen both his recovery and his efforts every day in training,  he may just be in a position to know best.

• Like 4

Nice to see him back after such a long time out, can't we just be positive and give the guy a chance to come good? He's still only 28, let's just wait and see rather than writing him off? Needs to used correctly though, any further long term injuries then I agree that his time will be up unfortunately. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

You missed the sarcasm. It's not really baffling is it. You believe him to be a championship player only yet, our professional coach differs. I was suggesting that perhaps with all his knowledge as a professional coach and the fact that he's seen both his recovery and his efforts every day in training,  he may just be in a position to know best.

The point being that he's only here to tick a box, ain't good enough for nothing else, end of. 

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Blackboots only said:

Way off the pace and hardly had a touch. 
Reckon even i could have shed a few pounds after spending 7 years in the gym on 30k a week 

Time for him to go 👋🏻

Really ?, I thought he did alright when he came on, so god knows who you was looking at

• Like 1

Seems like a good guy and I feel for his injury problems but I can’t help but feel like he shouldn’t be getting another contract on sentimentality alone. 

The club have been more than accommodating and if he can prove his fitness and quality then I would be willing to keep him on a rolling basis. I am doubtful of whether he would be up to the required standard though and don’t forget we also have youngsters like KDH potentially looking to breakthrough in the next year or so. Wouldn’t mind to see him get a few minutes here and there if Rodgers thinks he’s up to it but overall I think we could make better use of the squad place. (Hope I’m proven wrong!)

My earlier post was my attempt at sarcasm, James has been well looked after, he will never have to work again when he retires, and after looking promising early in his career, he is a liability due to his injuries, he shouldn’t get a squad number next season, as I’d put money on him gettting injured before the end of his contract.

Nothing against James, not bothered wether he’s championship level or not, for his long time health I hope he hangs up his boots at the end of the season, and concentrate’s on coaching roles here or elsewhere 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1