Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

Tielemans

4 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

And I never said he wasn’t poor, I just don’t get our desperation to single people out, 5-6 players were poor........

10 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

...... I’m more concerned about our left back having trouble defending and being able to pass a ball forwards... or take on his man. He should sit on the bench and be told to watch Ricky P

52 minutes ago, Beechey said:

The only normal response in this whole thread.

Despair at the state of our fans.

Just because people are criticising him at the moment and rightly so, doesn't mean they don't think he will come good and that they're completely writing him off. There can be middle ground. 

Edited by Stuntman_Mike
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Since pretty much the start of the season he’s been criticised, not just tonight. 
And I never said he wasn’t poor, I just don’t get our desperation to single people out, 5-6 players were poor

This is a Tieleman's thread.. Generally there's going to be discussion about his form in here rather than focusing on other players. He wasn't alone tonight but you can't hide from how poor he was. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Anish said:

He was dawdling on the ball for too long, he kept giving the ball away cheaply, he didn't offer anything defensively or offensively. He was too slow in all aspects tonight. He had a poor game, it's as simple as that. It's not about making him a scapegoat - it's just saying it as it is, after this performance and numerous other performances. 

When was the last time he created a chance for any of our forwards?

I felt sorry for Praet. He was neat and tidy and quick to release the ball, unlike Tielemans, and yet he gets dragged at HT. I wonder what Praet must be thinking when he seess Youri playing like that and yet he is the first to be dragged?

Tielemans is an ACM, Praet more defensive. Taking off Youri for Hamza would have left us too negative, particularly when a goal down. Brendan made the right choice, and Tielemans had a better second half playing further forward.

A game of two halves, or perhaps quarters, as we have the away leg to go. We won't be so complacent next time, and Villa will be in the relegation zone, so sweating a bit.

Edited by foxinsox

36 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Since pretty much the start of the season he’s been criticised, not just tonight. 
And I never said he wasn’t poor, I just don’t get our desperation to single people out, 5-6 players were poor

That’s because he’s been pretty shit this season compared to last.

1 hour ago, Anish said:

I felt sorry for Praet. He was neat and tidy and quick to release the ball, unlike Tielemans, and yet he gets dragged at HT. I wonder what Praet must be thinking when he seess Youri playing like that and yet he is the first to be dragged?

Tielemans was still playing more positive passes and showing for the ball more. Praet was dreadful today, he doesn't get around the pitch well and looks like he's running in cement. I'm not sure he's got the game for how we want to play.

28 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Just because people are criticising him at the moment and rightly so, doesn't mean they don't think he will come good and that they're completely writing him off. There can be middle ground. 

Look at the match thread, it's a bit more than simple criticism. People saying we should send him back to monaco are not in the middle ground. The fervour for a scapegoat is so stupid.

Players dip in form. That's completely fine. Why is everyone so reactionary? The vast majority of teams in this league would kill for a player like Tielemans.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sampson said:

More concerned... why does Youri get it straight away but no mention of chilwell being poor? He didn’t defend their only goal? He hardly took a man on, gave the ball etc. But it was all Youri’s fault? Trying to point out there was more than one poor performance 

3 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

More concerned... why does Youri get it straight away but no mention of chilwell being poor? He didn’t defend their only goal? He hardly took a man on, gave the ball etc. But it was all Youri’s fault? Trying to point out there was more than one poor performance 

Were you at the ground? Chilwell got hammered more than anyone! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Look at the match thread, it's a bit more than simple criticism. People saying we should send him back to monaco are not in the middle ground. The fervour for a scapegoat is so stupid.

Players dip in form. That's completely fine. Why is everyone so reactionary? The vast majority of teams in this league would kill for a player like Tielemans.

No one would kill for him right now haha. I think it's just frustration because they've seen what he is capable of. As someone else put, class is permanent and form is temporary. 

2 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

No one would kill for him right now haha. I think it's just frustration because they've seen what he is capable of. As someone else put, class is permanent and form is temporary. 

Yeah sure, Aston Villa who have just had to take Drinkwater on loan despite him barely playing for 2 years would rather not have Youri Tielemans. Arsenal who have 4 defensive midfielders and a non existent attacking midfielder wouldn't like him? Spurs, who are critically lacking in midfield? Burnley, who have a bunch of plumbers and builders in midfield?

Christ. Come off it.

His form is poor, but he's quality. When he's firing he's unplayable.

Edited by Beechey

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

Yeah sure, Aston Villa who have just had to take Drinkwater on loan despite him barely playing for 2 years would rather not have Youri Tielemans. Arsenal who have 4 defensive midfielders and a non existent attacking midfielder wouldn't like him? Spurs, who are critically lacking in midfield? Burnley, who have a bunch of plumbers and builders in midfield?

Christ. Come off it.

His form is poor, but he's quality. When he's firing he's unplayable.

It was only a joke about his performance, chill out lol 

I agree. I'm sure he'll come good. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

But he’s barely fired all season and that’s the point. On the form he’s showing in the main now, most wouldn’t touch him.

He clearly has the ability, you don’t play like he did last year if you don’t. But he’s gone from “could be the best player I’ve seen” to our third or fourth best CM if you are kind.

The guy is 22 years old, he's always going to be inconsistent. It's why we have numerous midfielders. Maybe he should be dropped for a game or two, but given Ndidi is out for a few, I can't really see it.

1 hour ago, Jonezy said:

He is losing the ball a bit too much at the moment, but his movement is still fantastic. Always helps his teammates out with a passing option. Seems to lack confidence and not a lot bounces for him right now though.

He’s not only losing the ball but he gives it away almost every time he plays a forward pass. Giving your teammates an option is redundant if you concede possession more often than not in the next phase. 

He’s clearly talented but either it’s not going for him at the moment or he just isn’t as good as we all thought. 

• Like 3