Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

Tielemans

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

the worst part for me is he isn’t even giving the ball away trying anything special, he keeps giving the ball away playing pretty simple passes that i genuinely think any of our other midfielders could play. 

seems very odd. 

I watched it in Leeds with a few mates and said ‘just watch him’. I wish he proved me wrong but he just gave it away every time he didn’t go back to the CBs. 

I said, if we could get £40m for him I’d take it. 

Like everyone else, I was so excited when we signed him. But let’s be honest, he’s been a shadow of the player he was when on loan last season (remember that sensational game he had at home to Bournemouth - one of the finest I have ever seen from a Leicester midfielder).

He doesn’t look fully fit to me, he appears to have slowed up, his decision making is ponderous and his passing inaccurate. Yes, he is young and will surely come good again, but it’s not like tonight’s performance was a one-off. This is a form dip that has gone on way too long and is a concern.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I watched it in Leeds with a few mates and said ‘just watch him’. I wish he proved me wrong but he just gave it away every time he didn’t go back to the CBs. 

I said, if we could get £40m for him I’d take it. 

haha, i went the other way and text my villa mate after about 5 minutes saying youri is a joke these days. 

where in town did you watch it? 

Had a poor first half but I thought he improved a bit after the break.

Both he and Chilwell were poor but thought both were better than Vardy tonight if I'm being honest. Thought Vardy had an absolute stinker to be completely truthful.

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Difference to last season team were more open against us, giving people like Youri more space, know they are sitting deep and flood the centre of the park and funnel our attacks out wide limiting the space for both Maddison and Youri to work in. It the lesser of two evils, to let us have the ball out wide but not centrally.  

Team aren't afraid of our wide options, if we had a quality wide player, like a Mahrez, it would create more space centrally for the CM's as team's wouldn't want us to have it wide. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Difference to last season team were more open against us, giving people like Youri more space, know they are sitting deep and flood the centre of the park and funnel our attacks out wide limiting the space for both Maddison and Youri to work in. It the lesser of two evils, to let us have the ball out wide but not centrally.  

Team aren't afraid of our wide options, if we had a quality wide player, like a Mahrez, it would create more space centrally for the CM's as team's would want us to have it wide. 

I agree with most of this. I think we just get camped out in the middle and we have no quality wide options. Tielemans needs dropping for a game or two, but who is there to replace him? Praet? He's been equally as poor the past month.

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

I agree with most of this. I think we just get camped out in the middle and we have no quality wide options. Tielemans needs dropping for a game or two, but who is there to replace him? Praet? He's been equally as poor the past month.

I've got a feel the a upturn in Youri form is just around the corner, just a gut feel.

I actual think he was better tonight then he has been for a while, he seem to have a bit more energy. 

I wonder if any of the local sports commentators will be brave enough to bring up tealemons to Brendan in the next interview?

im sure he’ll defend against any suggestion that the boy is off form. If it’s been that glaringly obvious too us than a smart guy like BR will be having words with him and chilly in private. 

This team is at its best when everyone is performing in top gear. There’s no room for passengers! 

Tielemans is very good, but he's definitely a luxury player. He adapts to adversity slowly and poorly, but when the rest of the team clicks together he will usually follow. It's a shame he isn't the kind of player that can make it happen by himself, but that's just the reality of things. 

Currently he's playing very sloppily on top of that however, which is concerning. I think he could benefit rediscovering his form as a substitute. I think Praet should be given the chance to start next to Hamza. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I wonder if any of the local sports commentators will be brave enough to bring up tealemons to Brendan in the next interview?

im sure he’ll defend against any suggestion that the boy is off form. If it’s been that glaringly obvious too us than a smart guy like BR will be having words with him and chilly in private. 

This team is at its best when everyone is performing in top gear. There’s no room for passengers! 

Here is the thing right.

If I was a interviewer, the sort of questions I would ask would be things like.

"I noticed the past few months youri has been very slow with his thinking, needing a lot of time on the ball etc, what is the reason for that Brendan?"

Or maybe

"Does Youri have a appearance clause in his contract? as it has been observed that he plays even when off form".

I would guess I would be banned very quickly and not be doing many more interviews after that.

Hence generic questions like.

"How did you feel that went today Brendan?"

and

"X player was great today Brendan?"

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Rodgers has just said he tried to play him deeper in the absence Ndidi, which he has also  just admitted in his post match interview was a terrible idea.  Youri Tielemans is not a screen for the back four.

Let’s remember this lad is 22 and has been immense for us more often than he’s let us down.

. so once again Rodgers has got it wrong!! 

His tactical naivety is quite worrying. 

9 hours ago, Anish said:

He was dawdling on the ball for too long, he kept giving the ball away cheaply, he didn't offer anything defensively or offensively. He was too slow in all aspects tonight. He had a poor game, it's as simple as that. It's not about making him a scapegoat - it's just saying it as it is, after this performance and numerous other performances. 

When was the last time he created a chance for any of our forwards?

I felt sorry for Praet. He was neat and tidy and quick to release the ball, unlike Tielemans, and yet he gets dragged at HT. I wonder what Praet must be thinking when he seess Youri playing like that and yet he is the first to be dragged?

.. yes Praet was tidy on the ball but totally ineffective!! 

Five six yard passes to a player with defenders in front of them only led to balls being played back to our defence. 

All the midfield was much of a muchness and the need for someone to carry the ball now and again would surely have given the Villa defence something to think about. 

Tielemans is Brendans' voice on the pitch, that's why he seldom gets dragged! 

9 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Rodgers has just said he tried to play him deeper in the absence Ndidi, which he has also  just admitted in his post match interview was a terrible idea.  Youri Tielemans is not a screen for the back four.

Let’s remember this lad is 22 and has been immense for us more often than he’s let us down.

This is what I was saying to our kid last night there's no way Youri is a holding midfielder as soon as Hamza came on i thought he looked instantly better. I still don't understand why Rodgers tried this last night in a semi final of all games it seems a bit odd to me.

As with most things in life, the cause is rarely a single event or occurrence. I suspect having a newborn, being the on field "managers man" and no longer the new surprising guy in the league, all conttribute to a downgrade in his ouput.

He still works hard, is a little careless at times in possession, but he is still important for the team I feel.

Or maybe he is actually crap...:dry:

• Like 3