Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

Tielemans

3 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

I think he is a natural tubby and fails to control his wait.  He needed a real thorough pre season.....this is one to watch for me

He has to be more patient in queues like everyone else, there's no excuse for pushing in and not weighting your turn.

On 24/12/2019 at 16:53, Col city fan said:

The Man City game isn’t a yardstick tbh because it was so one-sided

I do wonder however whether Tielemans not going to a ‘really big’ club is possibly about him not taking control of games enough?

When we are dominating possession he’s lovely to watch. Given time, he’ll destroy defences

BUT put him under pressure and you see a different player. His composure, his passing go astray. He’s got years ahead of him but to become really good he needs to be able to play under pressure.

There’s no point in me writing the same thing all over again after the Liverpool game. But the point remains.....

On 24/12/2019 at 04:13, NaijaFox said:

Fair play to you if you warned about Tielemans inconsistency (personally did not read that), but not with the substantively patronizing BS. The lecture (in the latter part of your post) was totally uncalled for.

We bought Youri on the back of his performances on loan last season. At no point during his loan spell could I recall anyone comparing him to De Bruyne, and thus your faux comparison is a Strawman's Argument. Nonetheless, we were expecting pretty much the same performances as during his loan.  Accordingly, to the extent that he has failed to consistently hit those heights (personally I don't think he's hit them more than in a couple of games, but would readily concede that's probably the minority opinion), we are well within reason to ponder why. Perhaps, it's just as simple as the surrounding cast having gotten better.

If you want to see it that way, i guess you can. You are comparing his efforts to those of last year's loan period. Last year Leicester wasn't top 3 in the league. The entire dynamic changes when you are a team at the top of the league, or a team somewhere in the middle or the bottom. When you're playing for spots 8-12 basically everybody thinks they've got a shot at winning against you, even the teams at the bottom. Which makes facing about 80% of opponents, a lot easier. You'll get more space and opportunities against opponents who believe they can beat you on their own terms. More chances for a player like Tielemans to make his mark. A team facing a top team in the league (like this year) will play more cynically and defensively. As such, it also makes it harder to make your mark individually as a player, imho. I think this is the most likely of explanations.

I'm simply arguing expectations seem to be off. My comment about KDB should be seen in that light (probably triggered because someone a few pages back spoke of him vs De Bruyne in such a sense).

35 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Needs to be benched for 2 weeks. Simply not good enough at the minute. Problem with his game is, when he’s bad we carry him. At least with others they put a shift in. 

I dont know whats going on with him starting every game and never been subbed, seems odd.  As if its in his contract.

He still contributes in the bottom 14 games, but has been shocking in the big games so far, but even in those bottom 14 games he isnt as good as he can be.

• 2 weeks later...