Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cambridge - Match Thread - 23/07/19 (Friendly)

Quite a lot of negativity on here somehow. We're still a few games out and this game has been great for movement and for fitness.

Cambridge defended well.

Gray looks rusty but we should give him more support than just berating him. Do think we need another winger too though.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I know it’s pre season but there’s no chance of even threatening top 6 with Gray and Albrightons 2 goals a season out wide

I think Perez might start over Gray and then it’ll be Marc/Barnes for the other position but I get the sentiment.

I actually think Albrighton has been doing well though so far in preseason, he’s been more willing to cut in on his right and drift more central to allow space for Chilly to overlap, or to get involved in play closer to a Vardy. Don’t know if it’s something that Brendan has worked on with him but he definitely seems to be slightly more dynamic so far this preseason!

Gray holding the ball too long and everything becomes static again by the time he’s released the ball. Needs to speed it up a bit 

We’ve played some nice stuff. Really happy with the sort of side we are these days

Wish Ayoze was playing. Really wanted to see him

3 minutes ago, bmt said:

Quite a lot of negativity on here somehow. We're still a few games out and this game has been great for movement and for fitness.

Cambridge defended well.

Gray looks rusty but we should give him more support than just berating him. Do think we need another winger too though.

We have missed chances,but only Gray is the only problem according to this forum..!!

• Like 1

Just now, Always Next Year said:

Gray still trying to win games all on is own, not improved from last season.

And someone complained the game was boring...

The selfish Gray shtick was true for about 5 games, two seasons ago. It's a meme now, like 'mad Benny' after his one mad tackle.

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I actually thought Gray did okay in that half. Their players look scared to death of him. 

He has been very lively on the ball, problem has been his end product and being too greedy (needs to get his head up more, just seems to put his head down and run at players, which doesn't work when teams double up on you like Cambridge are doing)

Edited by moore_94