Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
themightyfin

Goodbye Shinji.

One of my all time favourites at the club. 

Loved his attitude, his smile, his ability to score crucial goals, often without hitting the net and his effect on team morale.

Skillful trier, team player, willing and able contributor to our winning seasons..

Damn good egg.

Best of luck Shinji and THANKYOU!

• Like 1

Legend.   The fact that he was asked to play a totally different role to what he was used to from day 1 when he arrived here, and that he did so with such aplomb sums the man up.  His dedication, running and willingness to generally put himself about, whilst all the time smiling, is why he will never be forgotten by foxes fans.  I suspect that we will not see his like again for a long time.  Regardless of some of the baiting he got on here last season from some quarters I still maintain that we always looked a better side with him in it, if only for his industriousness which we often seemed to lack under the previous  regime.

Hope he enjoys his football in Spain. Anytime he visits Leicester in the future he will be assured of the warmest of welcomes. We have had many great players over the years but it is not often someone captivates the imagination of the fans like Shinji did.  Not necessarily the most gifted technically but he made up for it with his attitude and the fact that he actually seemed to be enjoying every minute he was on the pitch.

• Like 2

Guest Markyblue

One by one the 2016 legends depart, a truly vital part of our greatest ever season.  Can't wait to see him get the acclaim he deserves when he returns in the future. Good luck smiler and thanks for the memories. 

I'm grateful to Shinji.  He was a unifier who added joy to the experience for all of us.  His overhead kick v Newcastle should be painted as a mural somewhere inside the KP.

Apologies, poor form to quote oneself.  But nothing new to say (except to put it in past tense...)

On 11/12/2017 at 14:22, KingsX said:

All at once we got

- a player who radiated happiness to be a part of the side,

- bushido displays of graft and toughness,

- a great comedy act where we all got the jokes,

- and often enough, our side flourishing with him on the pitch.

Maybe he will continue to reside at the KP as some kind of Shinto spirit, which will produce wonder goals (and whiffs) that can never be fully explained.

7 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Surely won't have a shortage of sunlight down there. Good luck in Spain, Shinji-san!

One of the great characters to have around in a dressing room.

Answer 1 = My answer to a neutral in the pub

Answer 2 = My answer on Foxestalk

1- I bloody love this vid. Shining examples of a special team that was greater than the sum of its parts. This pair were as much a part of our fairytale as any in that squad.

2- I bloody love this vid. The only thing missing is Shinji hitting the deck after each ear flick