Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
themightyfin

Goodbye Shinji.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49562947

Shinji Okazaki: Ex-Leicester forward leaves Malaga after 34 days

Former Leicester City forward Shinji Okazaki has left Malaga after 34 days.

Reports in Spain say the Japan international, 33, has had his contract cancelled by mutual consent because the Spanish second-tier club are unable to fit his wages within their budget.

Okazaki won the Premier League with Leicester in 2016 and left this summer after scoring 19 goals in 137 games.

He did not feature in Malaga's three league matches this season and is now a free agent

Edited by DerbyshireFox

20 hours ago, ianormondroyd said:

I actually ordered 2 on Friday.  My sons birthday present and a treat for myself just to make the postage worthwhile. What a tw@t!

You aren’t alone...

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/sep/04/malaga-shinji-okazaki-la-liga-release?CMP=share_btn_tw&__twitter_impression=true

Okazaki said he was “excited about this project” but it didn’t exist. Others were, too, even if the start was far from auspicious. The club shop was stacked with Okazaki shirts, which could be bought with his name on the back in Japanese lettering. Over three hundred were sold.

Edited by brucey

18 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Can't help but think he's better than the Spanish second division. 

18 hours ago, sm1 said:

Same here. I would've thought a MLS or even J league club would've taken Shinji on a free. 

He has said it is important for Japanese players to play in Europe, and right now he wants to be in Japan's next World Cup squad. MLS is less prestigious than the Spanish second division, and he is more likely to get to play in a position that will give him goals (a constant complaint he had for how he was played at Leicester -- he wasn't a goal scorer), and he thinks goals will get him a spot on the Japanese team.