Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Wolves (H) Pre match thread

19 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

I don't think so. Justin covers both fullback positions. We'll need a CB on the bench.

I hope that Justin isn't within 20 metres of the bench. He isn't up to prem football yet from what I've seen so far. At least Fuchs can cross the ball, shoot and give the best long throw in the league ( even if his defence is a little weak).

Really hope that Hamza gets the nod over N'Didi too.

Perez will be the motm.

17 minutes ago, FIF said:

I hope that Justin isn't within 20 metres of the bench. He isn't up to prem football yet from what I've seen so far. At least Fuchs can cross the ball, shoot and give the best long throw in the league ( even if his defence is a little weak).

Perez will be the motm.

I suspect your right, Hamza will play instead of NDiddi tomorrow but we could really do with NDiddi's pace.

These play at a high tempo which won't suit us.

• Like 1

Just now, Clever Fox said:

I suspect your right, Hamza will play instead of NDiddi tomorrow but we could really do with NDiddi's pace.

These play at a high tempo which won't suit us.

Hamza is fleeter of foot and mind than N'Didi.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I personally think we'll start 433 as normal under Rodgers although he himself mentioned a diamond so it isn't impossible we'll see that once Praet settles.

I'll be surprised if the team vs Wolves isn't about 95% the team that played Atalanta though. 

This.

I don't think we'll see the diamond until Praet is ready. I think 433 will better suit playing Wolves formation too, as we saw when we set up as 433 against Atalanta.

I'd select Ndidi rather than Choudhury, purely for his additional height. I'm not one who would always select the biggest, more physical players, but we are quite a small team, particularly with Maguire gone. Ndidi's presence will be significant defending set pieces and the like, I think that's essential in the premier league.

57 minutes ago, FIF said:

Hamza is fleeter of foot and mind than N'Didi.

6 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

This.

I don't think we'll see the diamond until Praet is ready. I think 433 will better suit playing Wolves formation too, as we saw when we set up as 433 against Atalanta.

I'd select Ndidi rather than Choudhury, purely for his additional height. I'm not one who would always select the biggest, more physical players, but we are quite a small team, particularly with Maguire gone. Ndidi's presence will be significant defending set pieces and the like, I think that's essential in the premier league.

Ndidi or Choudhury will be a very interesting call ...    in Brendan we trust !

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Perez will be the motm.

Yup Justin..has shown potential he will get there, but agree and follow your Thoughts on this.

Are you still "lost in France"???

I see Brendan says he wanted Praet so as to have a second attacking midfielder, Tielemans being the first and the rest being defensive-minded....

If so, I wonder what role he sees Maddison playing? Is he categorising him as a second striker behind Vardy?

He's definitely a player with attacking creativity, though I thought he improved last season when he started playing deeper but with attacking/creative intent, rather than playing too far up behind Vardy, where opposing defences could close him down.

For that matter, what is Ayoze's position? I'd have marked him down as an attacking midfielder, though I suppose he could also be called a second striker, No. 10 or winger - and that might just be semantics.

I presume that he's going to start on the wing/wide midfield but with instructions to make late forward runs to present our second goal threat, behind Vardy?

Ah, well....we'll start finding out tomorrow, I suppose. :D

2 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I see Brendan says he wanted Praet so as to have a second attacking midfielder, Tielemans being the first and the rest being defensive-minded....

If so, I wonder what role he sees Maddison playing? Is he categorising him as a second striker behind Vardy?

He's definitely a player with attacking creativity, though I thought he improved last season when he started playing deeper but with attacking/creative intent, rather than playing too far up behind Vardy, where opposing defences could close him down.

For that matter, what is Ayoze's position? I'd have marked him down as an attacking midfielder, though I suppose he could also be called a second striker, No. 10 or winger - and that might just be semantics.

I presume that he's going to start on the wing/wide midfield but with instructions to make late forward runs to present our second goal threat, behind Vardy?

Ah, well....we'll start finding out tomorrow, I suppose. :D

I think Praet is rotational and sub cover for the midfield two of YT & JM.

21 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I think Praet is rotational and sub cover for the midfield two of YT & JM.

Yes, I assumed Praet was likely to start the season on the bench.

I was mainly curious as to how BR sees Maddison if Praet is his "second" attacking midfielder, after Tielemans. 

I assume Maddison starts (as you do) - and is an attacking/creative midfielder, even if he drops deep sometimes.

I hope he's not shoved too far forward as, after his first few games last season, he was less effective in that role under Puel - but became more creative when BR allowed him to drop deeper.

1 hour ago, Plastik Man said:

This.

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Ndidi or Choudhury will be a very interesting call ...    in Brendan we trust !

We could possible see both N'didi and Hamza tomorrow playing in a diamond with Hamza pushing further forward.

If we play 433 I can see Hamza starting the first few games, while N'didi gets back up to match fitness

Seeing Vardy in these pics... the man is not only a genius on the park, but wow he must be such a fantastic influence on the team 

https://www.lcfc.com/galleries/1304337/first-team-training-wolverhampton-wanderers?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=100819-wolvespre

On 09/08/2019 at 08:51, Deeg67 said:

Only two real lineup questions for me - Ndidi or Choudhury (I suspect Brendan will play Wilf if he's even close to fit) and Albrighton or Barnes up front.  That's a tough one - with Praet's arrival eventually pushing both to the reserves I'd like to see Harvey get a chance to make a real impact in the first two matches or so.  Especially since Albrighton would be more likely to start vs. Chelsea.

Mahrez has started today so Ndidi should be in contention. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

Yes, I assumed Praet was likely to start the season on the bench.

I was mainly curious as to how BR sees Maddison if Praet is his "second" attacking midfielder, after Tielemans. 

I assume Maddison starts (as you do) - and is an attacking/creative midfielder, even if he drops deep sometimes.

I hope he's not shoved too far forward as, after his first few games last season, he was less effective in that role under Puel - but became more creative when BR allowed him to drop deeper.

I think he wanted 2 players for every position and that’s why he wanted to go back in for the Celtic lad late doors. I see Praet as a sub mainly for Youri and he wanted another attacking player in the mould of a 10. He’ll go with what he’s has now obviously but Praet will be used as a sub mostly and if we play the diamond he may have all three of them on!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Who’s the captain now kasper? 

I presume so. Wes is ‘Club Captain’ but it’ll likely go to Kasper for match day.

I suppose now if he wants an outfield captain it’d have to be Vardy or Evans.

LOL.

Praet will be a sub this week, if that.  But no way we paid that - or he agreed to the move - unless he was ticketed to start.  And frankly, the notion that Praet isn't good enough to be a regular for us is the height of false vanity.

• Like 2

Very tough opener this. They are going to be full of confidence and I don't think the midweek game and travel will make any difference whatsoever.

It would be great to get off to a good positive start with a win but I'm not certainn we will get it. 2-2.

1 hour ago, reynard said:

Very tough opener this. They are going to be full of confidence and I don't think the midweek game and travel will make any difference whatsoever.

It would be great to get off to a good positive start with a win but I'm not certainn we will get it. 2-2.

Agree. They are up to full speed and will use their tactic of pumping long diagonal balls into our channels all day long to turn Ricardo and Chilwell.

If there's no width support for our full backs (i.e if we play this diamond thing) and if they target Soyuncu (and they will) i actually fear we could be on the end of a thumping. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, treer said:

it is on trt sport satellite (42 east)

and sport tv3 (30 west)

both these sats are easy to pick up in the uk

Oh Crap. 

I hadn't realised this wasnt on Sky or BT (I pay for both). 

I would be totally willing to pay for a legit, unbuffering stream that doesn't have dodgy pop-ups all over it. 

I'm not going to fiddle with my satellite dish.  lol

Ah well, crappy dodgy  stream here we come. 

6 hours ago, Gerard said:

Mahrez has started today so Ndidi should be in contention. 

Was just thinking this .... but riyad was planned to be involved last weekend whereas wilf wasn’t 

add to that wilf played far more than riyad last season so deserved and more importantly needed a longer rest ........