Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Wolves (H) Pre match thread

Exciting day today and we start with a tough one. Wolves has become a strong team and is already in gear with their european adventure. If we want to contend the european places in the league, we really need to win home games against other 'want to break into the top 6' - teams, so no pressure... :)

After some intriguing games and results yesterday, here we go.

Would like to think that after the solid pre-season games, we're in a very good place to get off to a fine start. But Wolves are a good side who've strengthened their squad. 

With home advantage and Wolves pre-season travels, if we perform as we can, I take us to win it by one goal, maybe two. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

18 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

LOL.

Praet will be a sub this week, if that.  But no way we paid that - or he agreed to the move - unless he was ticketed to start.  And frankly, the notion that Praet isn't good enough to be a regular for us is the height of false vanity.

I for one wouldn’t say that he’s not good enough to start but if you think he’s been ticketed to start every week where will that be and in what formation and at the expense of whom?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I’m buzzing for this, but I was  when we played Bolton in the first game a few years back 

:revenge: I remember going to that game with the anticipation this is a nice easy fixture to start the campaign with 3 points on the board and get some real momentum going, and then coming away thinking we could be relegated this year!

11 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Yep 6-0 top of the table.

Not that easy but they aren't as good as the hype suggests. Yes they did well last season but I think they may find it more difficult this time around.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I for one wouldn’t say that he’s not good enough to start but if you think he’s been ticketed to start every week where will that be and in what formation and at the expense of whom?

Well, I've already stated my take on that a few times.  "Default" formation would have both of Barnes/Albrighton on the bench, with Perez as part of a two up top with Vardy.  Against teams that park the bus possibly Praet in the holding role (he's quite capable of it) with Ndidi to the bench.

The idea that a guy quite seriously in the conversation as best midfielder in Italy (by both his two most recent managers, for starters) isn't good enough to start for Leicester is, frankly, silly.  I'm glad we can dream big but let's live in the real world.

Edited by Deeg67

Would love an opening day win but as long as we don’t lose its point on the board! Personally think we will win 2-1 with vardy and tielmans scoring.

happy 2019/20 season all, he’s to another 9 months following our beloved club! Leicester till I die!! :scarf: