Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

15 hours ago, LCFC247 said:

Lay-sister City!

Think they've got the general idea of the seating but I have complete faith that it will look a damn site better than that going on KP's history of developing sites.

• 5 weeks later...

Would prefer it if we somehow blended the new roof into the north and south stands, would look much more uniform and less like a kid with a new lego set

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Just seen this on twitter, looks cool.

As people have said already. This design is complete guess work. I think someone said they took a stand from the Amex and put it on top of the normal stand. It looks horrendous. The actual design will be much better than this. 

On 22/06/2020 at 09:07, Foxin_Mad said:

If they go with that design it looks like theres about 1000 restricted view seats in each corner where you can mainly see the roof of the existing stands lol

Talking of restricted views - i remember Paulo Sousa's first game and my seat was right behind the huge stantion. It was bad enough realising id see none of the game, but the fat bloke next to me just wouldn't shut up about it.

We were 3-0 at half time. Then he went to get a hot dog, come back and sat down. Spilt it all over himself. New replica shirt ruined in mustard and ketchup. He just turned to me and said "i ****ing hate my life".

That's my memory of restricted views.

Edited by Gamble92
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Top is going to be talking about the clubs future in his final programme notes. Wonder if we're going to get an update on this??

Might be interesting or it might not

Chairman Khun Top will provide his thoughts on Leicester City’s season, European qualification and the Club’s plans for the future in Sunday's CITY Matchday Magazine.

12 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Top is going to be talking about the clubs future in his final programme notes. Wonder if we're going to get an update on this??

Might be interesting or it might not

Chairman Khun Top will provide his thoughts on Leicester City’s season, European qualification and the Club’s plans for the future in Sunday's CITY Matchday Magazine.

Can only hope, it’d be great to finally get a formal update especially if the new training ground is going to be finished soon.

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, Desabafar said:

the hope is to get it underway next summer

They'd need to get the planning application in very soon to achieve that. Even then it probably won't leave enough time once the opponents start campaigning. 

#SavetheBats

• 3 weeks later...

Something slightly interesting has come up on the Skyscrapercity forum referring to Leicester City Council's development plan https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threads/leicester-local-plan-2020-2036-public-consultation.2283163/ 

A consultation is currently under way for the The Leicester Local Plan 2020 - 2036 and ends on 7th December 2020. See:
Draft Leicester Local Plan 2020 - Leicester City Council - Citizen Space

Notable points concerning us are:

fcafbea2-324e-4a42-80f1-35ed7a99626b-jpeg.527746

This draft document can only be another sign that the club has council support for redevelopment and that transport infrastructure will be improved too.

If you want your say, please make sure you click on the link! :D

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Something slightly interesting has come up on the Skyscrapercity forum referring to Leicester City Council's development plan https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threads/leicester-local-plan-2020-2036-public-consultation.2283163/ 

A consultation is currently under way for the The Leicester Local Plan 2020 - 2036 and ends on 7th December 2020. See:
Draft Leicester Local Plan 2020 - Leicester City Council - Citizen Space

Notable points concerning us are:

fcafbea2-324e-4a42-80f1-35ed7a99626b-jpeg.527746

This draft document can only be another sign that the club has council support for redevelopment and that transport infrastructure will be improved too.

If you want your say, please make sure you click on the link! :D

Looks like its well and truly in the bag which let's face it, that part of leicester isn't great going into the city!

Also looks like they've jacked the indoor arena instead of the hotel which will save money.

All in all the city council haven't put any more significant provisions in so this should be straightforward.

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

Looks like its well and truly in the bag which let's face it, that part of leicester isn't great going into the city!

Also looks like they've jacked the indoor arena instead of the hotel which will save money.

All in all the city council haven't put any more significant provisions in so this should be straightforward.

Maybe, maybe not on the indoor arena. This is just a draft document after all. All of the drawings we have seen for the stadium expansion appear to include an arena. Hopefully we will know more by the end of the year. 

4 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Maybe, maybe not on the indoor arena. This is just a draft document after all. All of the drawings we have seen for the stadium expansion appear to include an arena. Hopefully we will know more by the end of the year. 

if its a consultation draft then it has to highlight the main principle structural works. During this Covid pandemic I wouldn't be surprised if they've redesigned the draft feasibility drawings. You'd never get a hotel with associated parking plus and arena AND associated parking plus and expanded stadium with MORE parking onto the size of that land parcel.