Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Caglar Soyuncu

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Liam left summer ‘15

Forgot benny missed the second half of the season

so we only had three centre halves from feb  ??

No. He was on loan to Bristol and returned to Leicester in January, to cover for Benny.

He went to Reading in the summer of 2016, vocally complaining about how Ranieri was treating him (no locker with first team when he returned from vacation.)

He has also spoken about how painful the title season was for him personally, since he wasn't given any game time.

35 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

No. He was on loan to Bristol and returned to Leicester in January, to cover for Benny.

He went to Reading in the summer of 2016, vocally complaining about how Ranieri was treating him (no locker with first team when he returned from vacation.)

He has also spoken about how painful the title season was for him personally, since he wasn't given any game time.

Didn't realise that, nor did I realise he's from Loughborough. Doing well now though as captain of Reading but at 26 he might have found his level.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Didn't realise that, nor did I realise he's from Loughborough. Doing well now though as captain of Reading but at 26 he might have found his level.

0 points and a GD of -3. :ph34r:

43 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Anyone else getting a gut feeling that Benkovic is crocked?

haven’t seen any pictures of him training, or in u23 matches or anything!

Hopefully he is trying to build his fitness slowly and allowing his ‘issues’ to heal with no pressure to play

even nampalys got fit in the end ! 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

He's returning from injury, he was on the bench vs Atalanta

3 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Not sure. He had injury concerns before he came to us, got injured at Celtic,  played in the u21 world cup and now he's slowly getting back to fitness. I'd have thought he'd be in the u23s the other day if he wanted to improve his fitness too.

Benk looks real quality, the Celtic fans were comparing him to VVD. Yet the club and manager seem to be placing real emphasis on Soyuncu. Anyhow I'm glad we bought both Benkovic and Soyuncu last year rather than go for only Benk.

19 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Still a Good level,to earn your bread!!!   

there are more players who,Play at this level earning their living. (living the dream) than superstars.The odd ones,may even end up with more trophies,

and satisfaction of achievement..

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, murphy said:

I thought he was excellent first half.  He seemed to win all of his duels and he's as strong as an ox.

Second half was a procession.  Soy and Evans with their cigars on.

The way he killed off theat counter-attack and turned it into a counter-counter-attack in the first half, was a joy to see. 

• Like 3

Fair play to him, he's stepped up massively. I was worried, it was clear the lad had talent but those errors were a worry, he still has it in him as he's always going to be a bit of a maverick but at the current level of errors it's not an issue really. 

I think my comment about him 6 months ago was 95% Bobby Moore, 5% Bobby Davro... it's more like 98% Bobby Moore now. 

13 hours ago, Babylon said:

I have to say I now feel far more comfortable with our defence then I think I ever did with Maguire in it. Those runs upfield caused issues, ditto his lack of pace to recover from them.

this 100%, we look solid at the back which under Maguire was never the case... like I said numerous times he brought a nervous approach to the team and players around him and was targeted by opponents for a reason.

Glad he's gone.

I criticised Maguire loads for being out of position so often and that thing Cags does where he comes quite high out of defence to press where you would expect the midfielder to be should give me nightmares. It it is so effective thought and frequently stops the opposition from building anything. We look way better at the back this year both when defending and with the ball.

When the reports of United's interest in Maguire first came about, i remember saying to my mate that although he's arguably one of our best players, he's also the one player that can easily be replaced by what we've already got - and that has been proven in spectacular fashion.  

Caglar for me is comfortably better than the Maguire of last season, with the benefit of being 3 years younger.

Fantastic business by the Club.  Hopefully Benko turns out to be as good when he gets his shot.