Jump to content
DJ Barry Hammond

The VAR thread

What are your thoughts on VAR?  

679 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What are your thoughts on VAR?

    • Love it, all for it, fantastic introduction to football
      109
    • Hate it, games gone
      236
    • Somewhere in between
      334

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/05/20 at 19:00

Recommended Posts

On 04/03/2020 at 13:40, Vlad the Fox said:

It’s absurd isn’t it. Take the handball v villa in the semi for example, the villa player handballs it, if the ball dropped at his feet and he launched it upfield to their striker who went through and scored seconds later the goal is disallowed and play starts with Kasper due to the handball in the build up, yet it isn’t deemed enough of an handball for a penalty. There’s two handball rules for the game it’s ridiculous. 

No it doesn’t, Dermot was asked about this on Talkshite and he said that under the laws as they stand it would be a penalty to us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CUJimmy said:

No it doesn’t, Dermot was asked about this on Talkshite and he said that under the laws as they stand it would be a penalty to us.

So its not a penalty unless they score, shit, who is making up the rules. It's ****ing crazy!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vlad the Fox said:

So its not a penalty unless they score, shit, who is making up the rules. It's ****ing crazy!!!

Yep.  He admitted it was a nonsense and waffled on about hoping the referee would find a sensible way round it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Haven’t seen a replay of it but what annoyed me was the ref kept doing a motion to say Maddison caused the contact by turning back into the player, surely if he has control of the ball he can make any movement he likes  

Maddison does initiate contact a lot but on that occasion he was shoved over, both hands in the back. A clear foul.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/03/2020 at 21:41, purpleronnie said:

The best thing about the win will be people not moaning we never get VAR decisions.

We didn’t get a VAR decision. The ref gave the penalty ........

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least when a ref got a wrong decision before they genuinely didn’t get to see an incident. What’s the excuse now? Praet’s was a handball against Man City, Soyuncu’s was against Liverpool, De Bruyne’s wasn’t, Mee’s wasn’t, Nakamba’s wasn’t, Tomori’s wasn’t and Dunk’s wasn’t a handball. What’s the point in VAR if it isn’t getting the right decisions, or even consistent ones.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Stadt said:

At least when a ref got a wrong decision before they genuinely didn’t get to see an incident. What’s the excuse now? Praet’s was a handball against Man City, Soyuncu’s was against Liverpool, De Bruyne’s wasn’t, Mee’s wasn’t, Nakamba’s wasn’t, Tomori’s wasn’t and Dunk’s wasn’t a handball. What’s the point in VAR if it isn’t getting the right decisions, or even consistent ones.

 

 

 

I've given up all hope now. Number of big decisions we've had against us in these situations is ridiculous. VAR isn't the issue, the people using it are. 

 

Can't wait for RefWatch to somehow make up a reason that it wasn't a penalty

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And because we are not Liverpool or Man Utd nobody even mentions it. Penalty decisions have become a complete lottery without any consistency unless you are Man Utd of course. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen a Tottenham goal ruled out for a toe offside. Fair enough. But why are things you could never discern with the naked eye checked and obvious things aren't? VAR is dumb.

 

 

Edited by Sharpe's Fox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Stadt said:

At least when a ref got a wrong decision before they genuinely didn’t get to see an incident. What’s the excuse now? Praet’s was a handball against Man City, Soyuncu’s was against Liverpool, De Bruyne’s wasn’t, Mee’s wasn’t, Nakamba’s wasn’t, Tomori’s wasn’t and Dunk’s wasn’t a handball. What’s the point in VAR if it isn’t getting the right decisions, or even consistent ones.

The whole handball thing was shown up with Iheanacho's disallowed goal at Norwich- both players accidentally handball it, the defender commits the "offence" first yet the second touch is the one penalised.

 

Apart from punching the ball off the line/ someone's head, defenders don't deliberately handball it. But his arm was out and it stopped the ball going forward, yes it happened quickly but forwards have been penalised for far, far less. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We all know VAR is a farce...lets close the thread..Why should we Let it irritate and send us crazy  every week..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Corky said:

The whole handball thing was shown up with Iheanacho's disallowed goal at Norwich- both players accidentally handball it, the defender commits the "offence" first yet the second touch is the one penalised.

 

Apart from punching the ball off the line/ someone's head, defenders don't deliberately handball it. But his arm was out and it stopped the ball going forward, yes it happened quickly but forwards have been penalised for far, far less. 

 

 

I forgot about that an all, it’s just shite. The “high bar” stuff seems a world away and just shows up how they’ve fumbled it from the beginning 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought ref was poor tonight and var also, corrupt FA will do anything to stop the ‘big 6’ that bring the money in being displaced in Europe! Absolute joke 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not usually a conspiracy theorist, but its starting to look a bit dodgy, man utd getting soft penalties combined with us getting all sorts of dodgy decisions, its as if they want us to switch the CL spot.

 

With no VAR you can blame human error, with VAR it becomes potential corruption.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the way some of these handball decisions have gone has been a joke, Dunk's arm didnt even look in a nature position and from the pictures it looked like it blocked the ball from going to Barnes who may well have scored.

and it didnt even seem like they VAR checked the incident, at times it seems like one rule for certain other clubs in the league and a rule for others

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All VAR has done has exacerbated the fact that the officials have extremely poor, inconsistent decision making and have an inherent Big Club bias - Unfortunately it was sadly predictable - The game is, and has always been, slightly bent 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the unnatural position thing is stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the handball leading to the penalty was more blatant, I said watching in real time that it wouldn't stand because he handled it you could see the ball suddenly moved forward and looked "wrong" the replay showed that as the ball bounced, the forward ran past it, when it was behind him he knocked it forward with his right arm behind his back. why this wasn't seen or given I have no idea?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I think the handball leading to the penalty was more blatant, I said watching in real time that it wouldn't stand because he handled it you could see the ball suddenly moved forward and looked "wrong" the replay showed that as the ball bounced, the forward ran past it, when it was behind him he knocked it forward with his right arm behind his back. why this wasn't seen or given I have no idea?

I thought that at first but from a different angle it looked like it came off his heel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

We all know VAR is a farce...lets close the thread..Why should we Let it irritate and send us crazy  every week..

 

48 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

All VAR has done has exacerbated the fact that the officials have extremely poor, inconsistent decision making and have an inherent Big Club bias - Unfortunately it was sadly predictable - The game is, and has always been, slightly bent 

There are probably other posts similar but I'm replying to these two. 

 

VAR works well in other countries so why can't it work here? Well our officials are shit majorly shit too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ashley said:

 

There are probably other posts similar but I'm replying to these two. 

 

VAR works well in other countries so why can't it work here? Well our officials are shit majorly shit too. 

Actually agree...Look its Not the odd might be failure,its the total incompetence then inconsistent decisions on Common-sense own Made rulings...

I used to like Skys ref watch...but Now its  nonsical clap-trap,with Sky Not asking the difficult but pertinent questions on all the fans lips,including neutrals..

 

Ps..with Leicesters decent Displays und VAR descisions,I am Losing my nice guy image....My Reputation is shattered, I have

Leicester One Club Rage,and deffo VAR rage....:@

Edited by fuchsntf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I want to believe in the integrity of the game there have been so many bad calls against us its hard to total them all up, the penalties against us have been a joke, Mane lol, the handballs that we haven't got likewise are too numerous to remember, the break has dulled my memory somewhat but you can bet the next time the ball hits a Leicester players hand in the area, it will be a penalty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...