Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

The VAR thread

What are your thoughts on VAR?  

679 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on VAR?

• Love it, all for it, fantastic introduction to football
    • Hate it, games gone
    • Somewhere in between

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/05/20 at 19:00

6 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Haven’t seen a replay of it but what annoyed me was the ref kept doing a motion to say Maddison caused the contact by turning back into the player, surely if he has control of the ball he can make any movement he likes  

Maddison does initiate contact a lot but on that occasion he was shoved over, both hands in the back. A clear foul.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

At least when a ref got a wrong decision before they genuinely didn’t get to see an incident. What’s the excuse now? Praet’s was a handball against Man City, Soyuncu’s was against Liverpool, De Bruyne’s wasn’t, Mee’s wasn’t, Nakamba’s wasn’t, Tomori’s wasn’t and Dunk’s wasn’t a handball. What’s the point in VAR if it isn’t getting the right decisions, or even consistent ones.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Stadt said:

At least when a ref got a wrong decision before they genuinely didn’t get to see an incident. What’s the excuse now? Praet’s was a handball against Man City, Soyuncu’s was against Liverpool, De Bruyne’s wasn’t, Mee’s wasn’t, Nakamba’s wasn’t, Tomori’s wasn’t and Dunk’s wasn’t a handball. What’s the point in VAR if it isn’t getting the right decisions, or even consistent ones.

I've given up all hope now. Number of big decisions we've had against us in these situations is ridiculous. VAR isn't the issue, the people using it are. 

Can't wait for RefWatch to somehow make up a reason that it wasn't a penalty

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Stadt said:

The whole handball thing was shown up with Iheanacho's disallowed goal at Norwich- both players accidentally handball it, the defender commits the "offence" first yet the second touch is the one penalised.

Apart from punching the ball off the line/ someone's head, defenders don't deliberately handball it. But his arm was out and it stopped the ball going forward, yes it happened quickly but forwards have been penalised for far, far less. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corky said:

The whole handball thing was shown up with Iheanacho's disallowed goal at Norwich- both players accidentally handball it, the defender commits the "offence" first yet the second touch is the one penalised.

Apart from punching the ball off the line/ someone's head, defenders don't deliberately handball it. But his arm was out and it stopped the ball going forward, yes it happened quickly but forwards have been penalised for far, far less. 

I forgot about that an all, it’s just shite. The “high bar” stuff seems a world away and just shows up how they’ve fumbled it from the beginning 

I am not usually a conspiracy theorist, but its starting to look a bit dodgy, man utd getting soft penalties combined with us getting all sorts of dodgy decisions, its as if they want us to switch the CL spot.

With no VAR you can blame human error, with VAR it becomes potential corruption.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

the way some of these handball decisions have gone has been a joke, Dunk's arm didnt even look in a nature position and from the pictures it looked like it blocked the ball from going to Barnes who may well have scored.

and it didnt even seem like they VAR checked the incident, at times it seems like one rule for certain other clubs in the league and a rule for others

• Like 1

I think the handball leading to the penalty was more blatant, I said watching in real time that it wouldn't stand because he handled it you could see the ball suddenly moved forward and looked "wrong" the replay showed that as the ball bounced, the forward ran past it, when it was behind him he knocked it forward with his right arm behind his back. why this wasn't seen or given I have no idea?

6 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I think the handball leading to the penalty was more blatant, I said watching in real time that it wouldn't stand because he handled it you could see the ball suddenly moved forward and looked "wrong" the replay showed that as the ball bounced, the forward ran past it, when it was behind him he knocked it forward with his right arm behind his back. why this wasn't seen or given I have no idea?

I thought that at first but from a different angle it looked like it came off his heel.

11 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

We all know VAR is a farce...lets close the thread..Why should we Let it irritate and send us crazy  every week..

48 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

All VAR has done has exacerbated the fact that the officials have extremely poor, inconsistent decision making and have an inherent Big Club bias - Unfortunately it was sadly predictable - The game is, and has always been, slightly bent 

There are probably other posts similar but I'm replying to these two. 

VAR works well in other countries so why can't it work here? Well our officials are shit majorly shit too. 

14 minutes ago, Ashley said:

There are probably other posts similar but I'm replying to these two. 

VAR works well in other countries so why can't it work here? Well our officials are shit majorly shit too. 

Actually agree...Look its Not the odd might be failure,its the total incompetence then inconsistent decisions on Common-sense own Made rulings...

I used to like Skys ref watch...but Now its  nonsical clap-trap,with Sky Not asking the difficult but pertinent questions on all the fans lips,including neutrals..

Ps..with Leicesters decent Displays und VAR descisions,I am Losing my nice guy image....My Reputation is shattered, I have

Leicester One Club Rage,and deffo VAR rage....:@

Edited by fuchsntf

As much as I want to believe in the integrity of the game there have been so many bad calls against us its hard to total them all up, the penalties against us have been a joke, Mane lol, the handballs that we haven't got likewise are too numerous to remember, the break has dulled my memory somewhat but you can bet the next time the ball hits a Leicester players hand in the area, it will be a penalty. 

11 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

It didn’t lead to a goal ....so it didn’t matter ....a penalty can be ruled out by an offside or foul in the build up but the unintentional contact with the arm is only relevant in the event of a goal being scored .....

Only corrects clear and obvious incidents. The original decision was not a penalty. Something tells me if you spend what must have been nearly THREE MINUTES looking at this incident, it is anything but clear and obvious.

Can we just go back to a time when referees were allowed to **** up? Kinda hard to swallow when some muggle can watch on a TV screen 20 times and still come to the wrong decision. Especially when it was correct in the first place