Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

The VAR thread

What are your thoughts on VAR?  

679 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on VAR?

• Love it, all for it, fantastic introduction to football
    • Hate it, games gone
    • Somewhere in between

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/05/20 at 19:00

Guest ttfn

If there’d been a VAR check on the handball

where Chilwell drilled it at Coleman from about 6 inches it would have been worse than any of the decisions that have gone against us. That’s a complete non-point.

No doubt we’ve not had anywhere near the rub of the green on handballs this season though.

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

I honestly can’t understand how so many of these decisions have gone against us, it feels like we’re here every week talking about a handball decision.

We don’t get them at one end and then the same incident goes against us at the other end every time.

Couple that with he decisions that have gone for United and Spurs and against Sheff Utd and you have to ask questions about the integrity of the competition.

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

2 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

How we didn't get a VAR check for Chilwells Cross just stinks of a stitch up. 

If Wilfreds was, then ours was. 

Man City 2 reds for their keeper H & A and 2 penalty decisions on pens

Chelsea H

Liverpool H

Burnley A 

Villa A

Brighton H

Norwich A 

What else have I missed? 

If coote gives the Pen then fair enough but he doesn’t and it’s not a big enough error for Pawson to give it.  Wilfs arm is up but Keane pushes if into the ball .....that’s what doesn’t make sense .......his arm is up to get traction on his jump .....the one at the end is just not a pen - the Brighton one last week should be if wilfs was .....

ben mee - yes it was 

Norwich A - that’s the law ....officials cant do Anything but give it 

makamba- yes it was

liverpool - ref gave it ..... not enough reason to reverse that

Chelsea H - too cute by rudiger for var to give it 

KDB - yes it was 

how many have we got away with ???  Can anyone think of one ?. 

Craig Pawson is the shitest ref in the league, sticking him behind of a computer won't make his decisions any better. If it takes 2mins 30secs to decide that it's a pen then it's not "clear and obvious". Complete opposite of what it was brought in for.

The Chilwell cross was a pen as well. Hands down Man City would get that. It's a joke that we've seen so many similar ones go against us.

Fvck PL referees. They're shit.

• Like 2

Guest ttfn

I can’t believe anyone really thinks that Chilwell cross that hit Coleman’s hand was a penalty.

I would have turned the TV off if it had been given against us.

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

Not VAR but giving a free kick to them when their player loses his footing and crashes into ours was one of the worst decisions you'll see.

That was terrible indeed. Referee was pretty much blowing as Evans went down. Already decided it would be a 'foul' before seeing it play out. Terrible refereeing.

12 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

How we didn't get a VAR check for Chilwells Cross just stinks of a stitch up. 

If Wilfreds was, then ours was. 

Man City 2 reds for their keeper H & A and 2 penalty decisions on pens

Chelsea H

Liverpool H

Burnley A 

Villa A

Brighton H

Norwich A 

What else have I missed? 

Don't agree that the Coleman one was a penalty. Coleman's hand was not in an unnatural position whereas you could argue Ndidi's was.

What also annoys me more is that Calvert-Lewin barges Soyuncu down pushing his back and you could argue Soyuncu is then impeded from heading the ball. That wasn't taken in to account seemingly. 

• Like 1

The Coleman one wasn't a penalty. You never see those given - unless of course, its Danny Simpson getting the ball kicked into his hand against Liverpool in the great escape season. Obviously that one got given. Handball rule is very simple. If a player handles the ball in the box against Leicester, it isn't a penalty. If it strikes a Leicester arm, hand or face in the box, then its a handball.

Todays penalty was a lot like this incident

NINTCHDBPICT000443645341.jpg

Which of course wasn't given.

13 minutes ago, ttfn said:

where Chilwell drilled it at Coleman from about 6 inches it would have been worse than any of the decisions that have gone against us. That’s a complete non-point.

No doubt we’ve not had anywhere near the rub of the green on handballs this season though.

Did you see Liverpool's penalty in the CL final

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If coote gives the Pen then fair enough but he doesn’t and it’s not a big enough error for Pawson to give it.  Wilfs arm is up but Keane pushes if into the ball .....that’s what doesn’t make sense .......his arm is up to get traction on his jump .....the one at the end is just not a pen - the Brighton one last week should be if wilfs was .....

ben mee - yes it was 

Norwich A - that’s the law ....officials cant do Anything but give it 

makamba- yes it was

liverpool - ref gave it ..... not enough reason to reverse that

Chelsea H - too cute by rudiger for var to give it 

KDB - yes it was 

how many have we got away with ???  Can anyone think of one ?. 

Norwich got the freekick after it hit their player on the hand 1st before going on to Nachos. 

Rudiger knew what he was doing there

I know a lot of people don’t like the conspiracy shouts but at this point what are you supposed to think? 

Us, Wolves and Sheffield United must’ve had the worst “luck” of anyone in the league, all of which just happen to be the biggest threat to the top 4 this season, meanwhile Manchester United have won 11 penalties and conceded just 1 (we’ve conceded 9 the most in the league). Just dodgy. 

• Like 3

None of this is that tricky

Ndidi was handball

the Everton wasn’t…

No need to turn the thread hot for a non discussion…

Any other similar incident gone the other was simply wrong…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

The Coleman one wasn't a penalty. You never see those given - unless of course, its Danny Simpson getting the ball kicked into his hand against Liverpool in the great escape season. Obviously that one got given. Handball rule is very simple. If a player handles the ball in the box against Leicester, it isn't a penalty. If it strikes a Leicester arm, hand or face in the box, then its a handball.

Todays penalty was a lot like this incident

NINTCHDBPICT000443645341.jpg

Which of course wasn't given.

No var - I think it would have been given if there was one ....maybe we’ll find out next Tuesday!

44 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Did you see Liverpool's penalty in the CL final

european ref decisions are generally strange ref handballs .....it’s a bit like hockey!

1 hour ago, ttfn said:

But why wasn't it at least checked? 

Wilfreds was, after the ref didn't give it and was overturned. 

If they checked it, not given, I'm fine with that. 

But like Brighton, it wasn't 😕

24 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

But why wasn't it at least checked? 

Wilfreds was, after the ref didn't give it and was overturned. 

If they checked it, not given, I'm fine with that. 

But like Brighton, it wasn't 😕

Depends what you mean by ‘checked’ ....they’re all checked and vast majority is simply ‘play on’ in the refs ear.   When there is something that they think needs a third, fourth etc look then the game is stopped ....  for whatever reason, last Tuesdays wasn’t considered worth a third look .... the Colman one similarly though that was hardly worth a second look....once you see the VAR replays begin then it’s highly likely that the on field decision is going to be overturned. 

Edited by st albans fox

21 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Wilfs was harsh, accidentally after his arm is pushed up by Keane jumping. 

i thought that too, 

some of the handball that werent given were so clear i dont know how they wasnt give,

the dunk one from the other week annoys the hell out of me as he blocked the ball going to Barnes who may well have score.

at times it looks like neither ref's none people at stockley park are on the same page